Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

This is a good point.

If they are found guilty they should just say they respect the decision but profoundly disagree with it.

Then carry on as if nothing ever happened

Or just not accept the ruling in the first place and campaign for a re-trial and say the judge didnt know what he was ruling on!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No not at all. You were the one bringing up about not sacking a player because we've spent money on them, they've got potential or they play with a bit of pride or passion. I was responding to that. They're both not very good and don't offer anything and wouldn't be a miss. That's just their footballing ability.

Any player in this team did this, they should be gone. I don't care who it is.

Drinking and driving is disgusting. Sheer luck they didn't kill someone. Plus not to mention how fast they must have been going judging by the state of Lawrence's car.

so I presume you don't want Rooney then?

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well then a lot of our fans don't.

Mason Bennett is a terrible footballer. He's got more bookings than he has goals and assists in his Derby career. 

Lawrence turns up 1 in every 7/8 games. 

If think these 2 bring anything to this team then it's you that don't understand the game.

Then why is Lawerence an automatic pick for any of the previous managers he has played for, when at Derby ? Do they not understand the game either ?

14 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No not at all. You were the one bringing up about not sacking a player because we've spent money on them, they've got potential or they play with a bit of pride or passion. I was responding to that. They're both not very good and don't offer anything and wouldn't be a miss. That's just their footballing ability.

Any player in this team did this, they should be gone. I don't care who it is.

Drinking and driving is disgusting. Sheer luck they didn't kill someone. Plus not to mention how fast they must have been going judging by the state of Lawrence's car.

Ok with Rooney being here then? Or Jody Morris last season? 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Bad mistake by both but come on, the reaction is seriously over the top.

Nobody was hurt, Lawrence is probably still grieving and it’ll hopefully be a kick up there arses.

Its happened to Rooney recently, yet fans can’t wait for him to arrive. Very hypocritical 

The difference is bennett and Lawrence are both representing the club where when rooney did it it was a different club! At the end of the day what ever job you do its a sackable offence

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Then why is Lawerence an automatic pick for any of the previous managers he has played for, when at Derby ? Do they not understand the game either ?

They see his 'promise' for a year and then they're gone. 

We get the joy of seeing the promise every year. 

Starting too look like the promise Luke Moore made

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well then a lot of our fans don't.

Mason Bennett is a terrible footballer. He's got more bookings than he has goals and assists in his Derby career. 

League only... 9 goals/assists, 8 cards

image.png.ded00c7fc567bf1e7d1a5ea0f5b7f463.png

Career... 16 goals/assists, 11 cards (excluding youth games)

image.png.e4ca672cafb0d9c2a3bb6487f34ac218.png

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Lawrence turns up 1 in every 7/8 games. 

If think these 2 bring anything to this team then it's you that don't understand the game.

23 goals/assists in 84 games since joining us isn't a bad total and suggests he turns up more often than just 1 in 7/8 games.

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

The difference is bennett and Lawrence are both representing the club where when rooney did it it was a different club! At the end of the day what ever job you do its a sackable offence

not sure why that makes a difference, if you are suggesting sacking the 2 and keeping WR all that is happening is that the club is being punished.  The 2 of them will get jobs elsewhere and the club get nothing.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Ok with Rooney being here then? Or Jody Morris last season? 

If I got caught drink driving, I'd expect to get sacked. I wouldn't expect to never get another job - and I don't necessarily agree with how those situations were addressed by their parent clubs at the time.

Not saying the only option is for them to be sacked, but their profession is public facing. People look up to them. And the people who are expected to support them include people who live in the area they were putting at risk; others who've been directly affected by drunk drivers - that's a poo position to put those people in.

I don't think they should never play football again; but I don't think they should play for Derby again. 

There might be some form of consequence I'm not seeing that would make me comfortable cheering them on; and if that happens I'll say so - but I don't see it.

Just now, SaintRam said:

If I got caught drink driving, I'd expect to get sacked. I wouldn't expect to never get another job - and I don't necessarily agree with how those situations were addressed by their parent clubs at the time.

Not saying the only option is for them to be sacked, but their profession is public facing. People look up to them. And the people who are expected to support them include people who live in the area they were putting at risk; others who've been directly affected by drunk drivers - that's a poo position to put those people in.

I don't think they should never play football again; but I don't think they should play for Derby again. 

There might be some form of consequence I'm not seeing that would make me comfortable cheering them on; and if that happens I'll say so - but I don't see it.

Was just about to say the same thing. The Rooney thing is entirely different because he didn’t do it here. No problem people getting second chances, but when they do it while employed by us, they have to be punished by us. If Rooney does it again while under our employment, I’d expect him to be sacked as well.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Was just about to say the same thing. The Rooney thing is entirely different because he didn’t do it here. No problem people getting second chances, but when they do it while employed by us, they have to be punished by us. If Rooney does it again while under our employment, I’d expect him to be sacked as well.

but they aren't being punished by us, they will go elsewhere and slot in as if nothing had happened.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

League only... 9 goals/assists, 8 cards

image.png.ded00c7fc567bf1e7d1a5ea0f5b7f463.png

Career... 16 goals/assists, 11 cards (excluding youth games)

image.png.e4ca672cafb0d9c2a3bb6487f34ac218.png

23 goals/assists in 84 games since joining us isn't a bad total and suggests he turns up more often than just 1 in 7/8 games.

Not really. He took all set pieces in his first season. A good few last season and he's back on them this season. 

Making an assist or scoring a goal doesn't mean you've played well. 

Ben Davies had stats to rival Yaya Toure. 

38 minutes ago, Spanish said:

so I presume you don't want Rooney then?

Literally sick of this. 

I'm absolutely fine with Rooney being here. 

He was caught 2 years ago and it had nothing to do with us. Absolutely nothing.

If he signs for us and gets caught drink driving I would want him sacked just the same.

Rooney hasn't dragged our club through the mud. 

27 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Hands up who think they could have drove slightly over the limit before. 

When I was younger I would go out all night, get back in at 3am and then drive around midday. I felt OK, not 100% but I'm telling you now, I was over the limit. 

Anybody that says they haven't 'risked' it before are lying. 

Can just imagine in a court of law.

Judge: Do you have anything to say for yourself?

Tom: Erm yeah, let me off cause everyone does it.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I keep seeing bits about there'd been a team bonding 'event' at Hollywood Bowl earlier in the afternoon?

Its one of the cocktail masterclass sessions

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Literally sick of this. 

I'm absolutely fine with Rooney being here. 

He was caught 2 years ago and it had nothing to do with us. Absolutely nothing.

If he signs for us and gets caught drink driving I would want him sacked just the same.

Rooney hasn't dragged our club through the mud. 

can't you see how that looks like double standards?  They should be punished by the club rather than passed on to someone else

Archived