Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

League only... 9 goals/assists, 8 cards

image.png.ded00c7fc567bf1e7d1a5ea0f5b7f463.png

Career... 16 goals/assists, 11 cards (excluding youth games)

image.png.e4ca672cafb0d9c2a3bb6487f34ac218.png

23 goals/assists in 84 games since joining us isn't a bad total and suggests he turns up more often than just 1 in 7/8 games.

Mason Bennett's stats are absolutely horrid. Their woeful for a midfieder. But he's an attacker. You only need a pair of eyes to realise that he's brain dead in terms of football. 

When the day comes when he leaves us, he will never ever play at this level again. This will be the highest he plays.

Lawrence was outstanding against Huddersfield. Absolutely outstanding. Since then he's contributed nothing. For a player of his ability it's not good enough. His whole Derby career has been the same.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

The difference is bennett and Lawrence are both representing the club where when rooney did it it was a different club! At the end of the day what ever job you do its a sackable offence

No it’s not, not unless this is the policy of the company 

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

No it’s not, not unless this is the policy of the company 

the others are behaviour not compatible with role or a custody sentence which if not expressly mentioned gets caught under competency.  Maybe others but those are the ones I have used in the past to dismiss people.  Even so, I've had my fair share of unfair dismissal hearings some of which I have lost

15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mason Bennett's stats are absolutely horrid. Their woeful for a midfieder. But he's an attacker. You only need a pair of eyes to realise that he's brain dead in terms of football. 

When the day comes when he leaves us, he will never ever play at this level again. This will be the highest he plays.

Lawrence was outstanding against Huddersfield. Absolutely outstanding. Since then he's contributed nothing. For a player of his ability it's not good enough. His whole Derby career has been the same.

7 goals/assists in 1258 mins in the league... 1 every 180 mins on the field. Is that "absolutely horrid" for a squad player?

37 minutes ago, Spanish said:

but they aren't being punished by us, they will go elsewhere and slot in as if nothing had happened.

Will they though? I’m not convinced too many clubs will be after a player straight after a drink driving conviction, certainly not without a pay cut to make them feel its worth the risk.

Regardless, they can’t continue to represent our club after doing that while under our employment anyway imo. It’s within the season, they should be focusing on turning our form around, not doing stupid poo like that. I don’t want to see those Idiots playing for us again quite frankly- and were they to feature on Saturday, I’d argue it’s one of the rare cases where a round of boos would be justified for their names being called out.

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

There but for the grace of God!!!! eh?

I am sure if you look back somewhere in your history that you might have been in a similar position. I am not saying going out and drinking then jumping in your car which is quite frankly stupid. But hands up who has had a few then driven to work the next day?

I'm sure there are many who could put their hands up to that last scenario, but these two didn't hold off until the following day, it was later the same evening.

And anyway... the critical thing here is, none of us are currently aware of just how much... or how little... over the limit they were, so I'd say for now at least, that Grace of God line is far too premature, as is the assumption that many of us "have been in a similar position"!  We don't yet know what that position was!  

#waitforthedetails

3 minutes ago, td_evans said:
Sounds like Keogh also involved and will miss games with his injuries as a result of the accident.

So this happens before 3 winnable games. Feel sorry for Cocu bad start which could get worse due to Lawrence and Bennett being morons.

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just under 14 games in 9 years says it all.

Should have gone ages ago. 

Never ever will he be good enough. 

So you're now judging him on his end product as a 15 year old rather than on his recent performances (last season)?
I'm not even sure which 9 years you're referring to:
11/12 - 9
12/13 - 6
13/14 - 13
14/15 - 2
15/16 - 0
16/17 - 2
17/18 - 3
18/19 - 33
19/20 - 4

Has anything gone right for Cocu since he’s been at the club? Poorly planned pre season, Poor recruitment (obviously not lead by him, no way he knew who Jamie Paterson was even 5 minutes before he signed for us). No luck regarding penalties, refereeing decisions, getting drawn forest in the cup (imo the worst draw he could’ve got), injuries to bogle, Marriott in pre season and now this?

He must be wondering why he even bothered

14 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just under 14 games in 9 years says it all.

Should have gone ages ago. 

Never ever will he be good enough. 

Again, my attempted point to you was that you should not be using this incident for a discussion on how good Bennett and Lawrence are or are not. 

It just doesn't seem appropriate to me, as it has no impact on the severity of the crime or the punishment.

The point I made earlier, relating to not wanting to get rid of them because they are commodities, applies to any player at the club. I don't and can't understand this desire for us to handicap ourselves when this matter can be dealt with internally. 

Archived