Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

9 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Keogh knew they wasnt fit to drive but still decided to get in

How do you know? Were you there?

Police said ‘drunk’ in the tweet but they could’ve been a pint over. I’m not defending them in the slightest but there’s so many people here using their own opinions on how drunk or over the limit they were as fact. 

What’s happened is clearly a stain on the club but I’m waiting for the full facts to come out. Careless driving in wet conditions after two pints is very different to getting behind the wheel after 8 pints. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Club Captain allowing his younger team mates go drinking, get back in the car and then joins them?

Doesn't detract from your point at all as he should still be in a position to know better, but Curtis Davies is actually the club captain.

Absolutely unacceptable that we'll be missing star players like Keogh at the weekend because of their idiocy. I wouldn't mind if we sold all those involved in January, including Keogh, who is one of my favourite players, because this is unacceptably poor judgement from all of them. 

43 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sure there are many who could put their hands up to that last scenario, but these two didn't hold off until the following day, it was later the same evening.

And anyway... the critical thing here is, none of us are currently aware of just how much... or how little... over the limit they were, so I'd say for now at least, that Grace of God line is far too premature, as is the assumption that many of us "have been in a similar position"!  We don't yet know what that position was!  

#waitforthedetails

If you re-read my post you will see that I did say that drinking and jumping straight into a car was stupid.

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

How do you know? Were you there?

Police said ‘drunk’ in the tweet but they could’ve been a pint over. I’m not defending them in the slightest but there’s so many people here using their own opinions on how drunk or over the limit they were as fact. 

What’s happened is clearly a stain on the club but I’m waiting for the full facts to come out. Careless driving in wet conditions after two pints is very different to getting behind the wheel after 8 pints. 

What a load of tosh.

Over the limit however much IS TOO MUCH.

I pint or 10 it doesn't matter

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I think he needs to take some responsibility for the poor team selection and playing square pegs in round holes, tbf.  We have had some decisions go our way too this season.

More decisions have gone against us then for us I’d say, but I understand the rest completely. I was just saying the hand he’s been dealt is far from favourable. So much stuff that he doesn’t  have control over  Has gone wrong.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

You seem a bit of a bully to be honest. Bet you're great at nurturing kids. Or has your missus got posters of Mason Bennett on the bedside cabinet instead of pics of you?

Personally, he's not met the hype of when he smashed it for the England U16s and was linked with Man City, but his professional career has been littered with bit-part cameos, injuries, loans and being played out of position.

I will tell you this for free and would like you to argue, he's bloody better, more effective, more of a handful to opposition, more technically gifted and more dedicated than Jozefzoon for starters.

I think you need to realise and accept the level that Derby are at in world football. You seem quite willing to single Bennett out to be judged at a much higher standard than others, and much higher standard than anyone at this level.

Kids? The lad is 24?

I'm judging Bennett at this level because that is the level he is playing at.

How am I singling out Bennett? The thread is about Bennett. Not Jozefzoon. 

Jozefzoon is awful. Everyone knows this. It's not about him. 

I fully accept where we are. A bog standard mid table Championship team. Of which Mason Bennett is nowhere near good enough to be it. He never has been and never will be.

Don't you ducking dare sit their and call me a bully. This thread is about Bennett that's why I'm mentioning him. I also said Lawrence turns up once every 7/8 games and brings nothing?

Am I a bully about that to? For stating the obvious about a player.

The thread is about Lawrence and Bennett. I've stated my opinions on both as footballers.

18 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Why though.  Both actions involve a large metal objects being driven erratically, and in turn giving said metal object the potential to cause harm.  You're equally likely to cause harm in either circumstance, so why aren't up in arms about young Jayden? 

I'm not trying to have Bogle nicked/fined/shot, just playing devil's advocate.  You can't be more outraged with one... 

Probably because driving at 35 in a user still has more element of control than if your drunk. I would say if you drive at 35 mph 100 times you probably won’t have an accident but if you drove drunk 100 times you probably will multiple times.

Of course if you drive at 50 plus in a 30mph zone my statement changes.

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

More decisions have gone against us then for us I’d say, but I understand the rest completely. I was just saying the hand he’s been dealt is far from favourable. So much stuff that he doesn’t  have control over  Has gone wrong.

Yes, I just hope his relaxed appearance isnt resulting in the players pushing things to far and not having respect.  

Archived