Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Again, my attempted point to you was that you should not be using this incident for a discussion on how good Bennett and Lawrence are or are not. 

It just doesn't seem appropriate to me, as it has no impact on the severity of the crime or the punishment.

The point I made earlier, relating to not wanting to get rid of them because they are commodities, applies to any player at the club. I don't and can't understand this desire for us to handicap ourselves when this matter can be dealt with internally. 

I think this is a very good point.  The footballing merits of either player are surely irrelevant in the case of how the club manages the situation.

Clearly, if it’s the club’s policy to sack people for such offences then how good, or valuable, they are shouldn’t come in to it really.  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tomonred said:

Can’t be bothered to read through all 18 pages but has anyone mentioned Bennett passed his test a couple of days ago (maybe even the day before). He tweeted about it saying he got three minors and has since deleted it...

You didn't look at the date of the tweet then?

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Not really. He took all set pieces in his first season. A good few last season and he's back on them this season. 

Making an assist or scoring a goal doesn't mean you've played well. 

Ben Davies had stats to rival Yaya Toure. 

I've never seen Mason Bennett taking set pieces

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

They see his 'promise' for a year and then they're gone. 

We get the joy of seeing the promise every year. 

Starting too look like the promise Luke Moore made

Ah of course that’s it, same reason as wales continue to pick him ?

Keogh was in the back seat which means more players are involved. We haven't heard the last of this one.

It's a nightmare for any football club when one player gets done for drink driving but to have two caught and others injured because of it, there's going to be some serious punishments.

Keogh knew they wasnt fit to drive but still decided to get in, I'm sorry but thats his captaincy gone. 

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

keogh's fault, I new someone would get there eventually

I usually staunchly defend Keogh but, as captain, surely he should have been doing everything in his power to dissuade Lawrence and Bennett from getting into their cars when intoxicated? What's worse is he then encouraged it by getting in with Lawrence and has managed to injure himself in the process... it's massively unprofessional especially for the captain who should be leading by example off the pitch as much as on. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mason Bennett's stats are absolutely horrid. Their woeful for a midfieder. But he's an attacker. You only need a pair of eyes to realise that he's brain dead in terms of football. 

When the day comes when he leaves us, he will never ever play at this level again. This will be the highest he plays.

Lawrence was outstanding against Huddersfield. Absolutely outstanding. Since then he's contributed nothing. For a player of his ability it's not good enough. His whole Derby career has been the same.

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just under 14 games in 9 years says it all.

Should have gone ages ago. 

Never ever will he be good enough. 

You seem a bit of a bully to be honest. Bet you're great at nurturing kids. Or has your missus got posters of Mason Bennett on the bedside cabinet instead of pics of you?

Personally, he's not met the hype of when he smashed it for the England U16s and was linked with Man City, but his professional career has been littered with bit-part cameos, injuries, loans and being played out of position.

I will tell you this for free and would like you to argue, he's bloody better, more effective, more of a handful to opposition, more technically gifted and more dedicated than Jozefzoon for starters.

I think you need to realise and accept the level that Derby are at in world football. You seem quite willing to single Bennett out to be judged at a much higher standard than others, and much higher standard than anyone at this level.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Telegraph say Keogh has broke his wrist and suffered a knee injury. Out for Saturday and for the foreseeable future. Internal investigation into what’s happened.

So not only have these utter moronic dicks endangered the lives of residents, but they’ve also put the club in jeopardy by causing the Injury of one of our more important players. Utter fuckwits, don’t want to see them put that shirt on again- they’re not fit to wear it.

This just gets worse and worse!  This post does not contain an anti-Keogh agenda but IF he was in the car and IF there are convictions arising out of this he too had a responsibility (both personally and also as the Captain representing our club) to have stopped them getting in the car. 

25 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Has anything gone right for Cocu since he’s been at the club? Poorly planned pre season, Poor recruitment (obviously not lead by him, no way he knew who Jamie Paterson was even 5 minutes before he signed for us). No luck regarding penalties, refereeing decisions, getting drawn forest in the cup (imo the worst draw he could’ve got), injuries to bogle, Marriott in pre season and now this?

He must be wondering why he even bothered

I think he needs to take some responsibility for the poor team selection and playing square pegs in round holes, tbf.  We have had some decisions go our way too this season.

Archived