Chris Martin to Replace David Nugent?

DazaDunn

5 hours ago, Ram8 said:

This thread will separate those who know ANYTHING about football from those who know NOTHING .,

Playing Martin would be the best decision Frank Lampard has made whilst manager at this club .. 

The only thing we can set our watches by is that of the close season bring back Martin brigade.

Statements like above at least endorse one thing, if that’s knowing football I am seriously pleased that I don’t.

Hope he gets moved on which in turn means DCFC can do likewise.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

The only thing we can set our watches by is that of the close season bring back Martin brigade.

Statements like above at least endorse one thing, if that’s knowing football I am seriously pleased that I don’t.

Hope he gets moved on which in turn means DCFC can do likewise.

All the highlights of Hull I have seen show Martin lumbering along about 40 yards out when Hull have the ball in their box.

His passing would definitely be an asset but his lack of mobility means he won't be where his quicker teammates are.

Sad because I was a big fan.

On 31/05/2019 at 12:01, Ram8 said:

This thread will separate those who know ANYTHING about football from those who know NOTHING .,

Playing Martin would be the best decision Frank Lampard has made whilst manager at this club .. 

Are you the former or the latter? Based on the second sentence, it seems pretty clear to me.

On 30/05/2019 at 16:52, minesahartington said:

I like Chris. He was excellent once. Last season playing 30 games for Hull he got more yellow cards than goals. 

Sorry but surely he is not the answer. As much as I would like him to be

A bit like George Thorne, could they both find their mojo and get back to what they were like under Mac 1 season. If they could it would be like two new signings.

On 05/06/2019 at 18:13, minesahartington said:

Would be great, we can dream 

Martin didn't seem to have much impact at Hull. It's a lot to expect he will suddenly increase performance levels on his return to DCFC.  Thorne has unfortunately lost the edge to his game as a result of consecutive nasty injuries.  

16 hours ago, europia said:

Martin didn't seem to have much impact at Hull. It's a lot to expect he will suddenly increase performance levels on his return to DCFC.  Thorne has unfortunately lost the edge to his game as a result of consecutive nasty injuries.  

Neither has vydra at his new club ,in fact they scored the same number of goals ii believe despite his excellent previous year....now I know that vydra has stepped up to the prem but it just shows what can happen when the team set up isn't to a strikers taste.

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Neither has vydra at his new club ,in fact they scored the same number of goals ii believe despite his excellent previous year....now I know that vydra has stepped up to the prem but it just shows what can happen when the team set up isn't to a strikers taste.

Vydra has played just 313 minutes in the Premier League, 1 goal. His other goal came in a sub appearance in the Europa League.

Martin has played 1403 minutes in the Championship, 2 goals 

23 minutes ago, David said:

Vydra has played just 313 minutes in the Premier League, 1 goal. His other goal came in a sub appearance in the Europa League.

Martin has played 1403 minutes in the Championship, 2 goals 

Did they try to give him the ball? I have no idea but did others score any goals while he was playing ? Also out of interest how many minutes did Nugent play for his for his 2 goals ? 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Did they try to give him the ball? I have no idea but did others score any goals while he was playing ? Also out of interest how many minutes did Nugent play for his for his 2 goals ? 

Never watched Hull play other than against us, busy washing my hair.

Nugent played 1198 minutes in the Championship for his 2 goals.

On 5 June 2019 at 08:02, plymouthram said:

A bit like George Thorne, could they both find their mojo and get back to what they were like under Mac 1 season. If they could it would be like two new signings.

Don't think you can compare the two really as Coldplay hasn't had the catalogue of really bad injuries that Thorne has. I think Coldplay has more chance of getting back to somewhere near the level we would need him to be....

2 minutes ago, David said:

Never watched Hull play other than against us, busy washing my hair.

Nugent played 1198 minutes in the Championship for his 2 goals.

Well that helps in that we would be no worse off with Martin than Nugent but I suppose Martin has scored 60 goals for us when we actually selected and backed him. I didn’t watch hull either apart from the 2 games against us - I notice their manager is walking away at the end of the month. 

24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well that helps in that we would be no worse off with Martin than Nugent but I suppose Martin has scored 60 goals for us when we actually selected and backed him. I didn’t watch hull either apart from the 2 games against us - I notice their manager is walking away at the end of the month. 

Nugent scored a fair few for his teams when he was at his best too

Archived