Chris Martin to Replace David Nugent?

DazaDunn

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Martin would have looked good in our squad last season, with Mount and Wilson supporting him, he'd have had the ball at his feet, not lobbed over his shoulders. 

what you mean is he can run some love affairs are sooooo hard to get over the saying rose tinted glasses spring to mind

15 minutes ago, Davide said:

He scores goals but his record wasn't as good when he was sub or being left out. 

This is exactly why he can’t do that Nugent role, to get something out of Martin he needs to be starting. He isn’t at all suited to an impact sub role (tho neither is Nugent imo). We really need a super sub as a 3rd striker

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is exactly why he can’t do that Nugent role, to get something out of Martin he needs to be starting. He isn’t at all suited to an impact sub role (tho neither is Nugent imo). We really need a super sub as a 3rd striker

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

JACK Marriott/MASON BENNETT JOB DONE

Chris Martin will go down as one of the best (arguably the best) centre forward we’ve had in the past 15-20 years! Class act for this club. 

But I agree with an earlier poster, if Jack Marriott isn’t starting because he’s not able to do the work frank wants/needs him to do off the ball then Martin has absolutely no hope. It’s not he’s a bad player, just we’ve moved on and he no longer fits our system.

His form past two seasons has been crap.  But look at his form during loan spells throughout his career, all crap (apart from  Fulham where he was half decent). Martin thrives when he has stability (Norwich, Derby look at his record), best thing for both parties is if he can somehow get a permanent move away in the summer. He may have to even consider dropping down to league 1 but if he picks the right club, one that will play to his strengths with a decent shout of a league 1 promotion then he might be the difference for that team, and then don’t rule him out having another 15-20 goal season in the championship before he eventually hangs up his boots.

6 hours ago, Igorlegend11 said:

If Marriott training/fitness/workrate isn't deemed to be enough.....then unless Chris wants to serve the sausages in the canteen he won't be a fixture at Moor Farm 

This 

I didn’t think Marriott was lacking in the work rate department but if he is in Frank’s eyes then what the duck is Martin?!

You can imagine the scene in the boardroom;

'We know Frank, the possibility of the Chelsea must clearly be a great attraction, the chance to manage a top 4 premiership team, compete in Europe at a club where you are nothing short of a god!

But we've been thinking Frank, we believe we can offer much much more that here at Derby. We've had team's of top analyst's, crunching the numbers, doing the sums, top men Frank...top men!! And we believe we can make this happen.

No topic has had more earnest debate on the fan's forum, albeit usually in the off season...but we believe the voice of the people.

Yes Frank! We really can!! ......We are bringing Chris Martin BACK!!! 

I know Frank, you're lost for words,  just take a moment to breath it in ..What do you think Frank?

giphy (8).gif

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Except for when you need someone to hold the ball up field - like he did for Snake.

7 hours ago, cannable said:

This 

I didn’t think Marriott was lacking in the work rate department but if he is in Frank’s eyes then what the duck is Martin?!

Work rate in training - has anyone ever accused Martin of that?

36 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I reckon we'll release him on a free, best thing all round...  There's no way anyone will part with a transfer fee along with the wages he'll ask for. 

What are his wages by the way? Or are we just going on rumours? Are we sure he’ll ask for that?

I’m sure he’s on a decent wedge, but let’s not get into Tod territory either.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

What are his wages by the way? Or are we just going on rumours? Are we sure he’ll ask for that?

I’m sure he’s on a decent wedge, but let’s not get into Tod territory either.

When Mac2 gave him his new deal whilst still at Fulham, the rumour was around £30k.  I'd err on the side of caution and say it's easily £20k and up

Archived