Chris Martin to Replace David Nugent?

DazaDunn

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Archied said:

When I say move on I mean those that are so obsessed with Martin that they think any manager or fan that doesn’t build around him to make sure he is first name on team sheet is useless and knows nothing about football , 

ive moved on in that I now view Martin as a player that has done very well for our club ,wish him the best and will be right behind him if the manager wants him and he forces his way into the team but don’t see him as the vital cog and bigger than any manager we have or the club , there was a time when I was gutted if Martin was not in the team but that day has gone

Some folk won't let go. Even when CM is no longer at DCFC.

41 minutes ago, JupiterRam said:

I would be happy having Bennett, Marriott, Waghorn and Martin as our striking options next year. There's a little bit of everything in there 

Imagine CM is on quite a big wage, hence why he has been loaned out. Mel Morris has been looking to cut costs, and offloading highly paid fringe players is part of that financial strategy. 

16 minutes ago, europia said:

Imagine CM is on quite a big wage, hence why he has been loaned out. Mel Morris has been looking to cut costs, and offloading highly paid fringe players is part of that financial strategy. 

Could be a more costly choice in the end. But can't see that Nuge would have been much cheaper this season, so the money is there.

On 10/06/2019 at 20:14, G STAR RAM said:

Don't dispute that but to say he didn't have a system is wrong.

To be fair, I didn’t see much of a system any more intricate than ‘round pegs in round holes’ up until we switched to five at the back and had Bladesesque underlapping centre-halves 

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

To be fair, I didn’t see much of a system any more intricate than ‘round pegs in round holes’ up until we switched to five at the back and had Bladesesque underlapping centre-halves 

We were a sit deep and counter attack team.

Huddlestone was central to everything. 

Might not have been pretty but he had a successful system and played players to their strengths.

Archived