Chris Martin to Replace David Nugent?

DazaDunn

Before anyone jumps down my throat, it’s just a suggestion. Nuge has been used for his holdup play not his goals. I know Chrissy hasn’t been scoring for a while but his holdup play is still there. 

Instead of loaning Martin out again, why not use him for the Nugent role? In our system I would expect him to bag 7-10 for us as opposed to Nuges 2-5?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Before anyone jumps down my throat, it’s just a suggestion. Nuge has been used for his holdup play not his goals. I know Chrissy hasn’t been scoring for a while but his holdup play is still there. 

Instead of loaning Martin out again, why not use him for the Nugent role? In our system I would expect him to bag 7-10 for us as opposed to Nuges 2-5?

0-1 to be more precise ......

Oh no not another bring back Chris Martin thread ??? it’s all gonna kick off now .... I’m going on a sabbatical for the summer ...... I’ll check back in on the weekend of August 2nd ??? ??

I really can’t believe he’s still with us. He first joined - on loan - in my first year of university. I graduated four years ago now and still we’re debating his place in the side.

Not long until we add him to the club song along with Steve Bloomer. He’s almost been watching from the side-lines as long.

3 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Oh no not another bring back Chris Martin thread ??? it’s all gonna kick off now .... I’m going on a sabbatical for the summer ...... I’ll check back in on the weekend of August 2nd ??? ??

See you next summer for the next Chris Martin thread mate.

25 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

die family guy GIF

A completely reasonable thread that will result in the above by most of the forum.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Replace one bloke who couldn’t score in a brothel with another.... no thanks. Need a younger replacement for both.

Martin would have looked good in our squad last season, with Mount and Wilson supporting him, he'd have had the ball at his feet, not lobbed over his shoulders. 

38 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Great idea??

43 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

If this doesn’t work for you try underpants on your head with a pencil up each nostril ,, beyond that I don’t know how to help you

Maybe an option if we get the wage bill down. 

Don't think he is a likeness to Nuge in any way, shape or form. Nuge is much harder working and nowhere near as effective at hold up play.

Not sure Martin would have had much more of an effect this season, our problems came when the midfield were not getting close to our forwards. 

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Martin would have looked good in our squad last season, with Mount and Wilson supporting him, he'd have had the ball at his feet, not lobbed over his shoulders. 

I’m not convinced, a lot of play into Waghorn was in the air from fullbacks/wingers. We didn’t play through the middle enough last season for Martin to have been any use at all. Towards the end we Mount came back we did a bit more in the games where, surprisingly, we actually played well, but in the main there was a lot of lobbing it to the striker last season. Which Waghorn is best at dealing with, tho going forward I’d rather we did play into feet and built a proper midfield. My main criticism of Lampard was not sorting that last summer, but we’ll see what happens this time

Archived