Well Frank, you got it all wrong today...

DanS1992

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

And Norwich are better than Leeds by some margin, it didn’t stop us taking 4 points off them and putting 4 passed them at Carrow Road did it ?

I’m not buying this Leeds are a better team than us tripe, we’ve never competed against them all season for some reason.

Exactly, don’t get this defeatist attitude. Trouble is the team went in with the same attitude as the fans. Leeds were far from that Great yesterday, we could have beaten them without doubt if we had a little Belief

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Not saying leeds aren’t a decent side, nor am I saying bogle was told not get forward. I’m saying the reason why leeds didn’t give us a chance to get forward is because we allowed them to box us in. Nothing about individual instructions, it was about the team tactic not to push up and press and to sit back and try and counter. You absolutely CANNOT do that against Leeds, you can’t go out there scared of them because exactly what happened will happen, you’ll end up boxed in and not able to get out, like you say. I don’t think I’ve ever said Marriott would have made any difference cause I don’t think he would have, since all we did all game was launch it to the frontman which leeds dealt with with ease and just came on to us again. That’s how we ended up trapped, because we were too scared to play our actual football and play it out, which just kept giving it away so they kept coming again and again and again.

Leeds looked tidy but hardly unbeatable yesterday, I’ve seen us beat better sides when we haven’t come out set up so scared of them. Wouldn’t have been rocket science, I honestly think had we kept up the pressing from the first 10 minutes we’d have won that match. And we had PLENTY of chances to press, we just looked under instruction not to, and so no one did. As I say you HAVE to press and close leeds down if you’ve any chance of beating them, when we actually did it they looked wobbly! If we’d have just exposed their makeshift defence more we had a great chance! We’ve done it to similar teams like West Brom and beaten them, so why the hell did we go out so scared yesterday, and go against everything that’s made us play so well! I

As I said earlier I just don’t get the thinking behind the tactics, I’m sorry but Lampard bottled that match. He was scared of leeds after what they did to us before so sent us out to not get battered. That was suicide against Leeds and so it proved, could see that result coming from 15 minutes in. I don’t blame the players at all, I blame Lampard entirely for that result yesterday. I don’t think any of the players really did much stupid like giving the ball away, making the wrong decisions etc. That result was simply down to an appalling show of managerial nous by our manager. That’s not me calling Lampard out cause he’s won the summer window and to start next season in my eyes with what he’s done this season. But that’s what happened yesterday.

All about opinions but I disagree with a lot of this. We did try to play it out. Constantly.  The passes just didn't come off and we lost possession. That's why we were boxed in. We weren't launching the ball to the front man at all. 

The idea us armchair fans know more than Lampard is not one I agree with.  Particularly armchair fans with hindsight.  The idea he 'bottled' it is, in my view, totally ludicrous.

Doesnt help when you've got "fans" sitting there shouting at the players calling them stupid lazy c** ts and bankers.... need to get behind the boys and the stewards need to be a bit more proactive when it comes to managing the language, especially in the family area or nearby....

Lost to the better side, shame they're such a bunch of utter wazzocks.

Still, the margins of defeat to them are narrowing. Nick the first goal midweek and the miracle is back on. Won't be putting money on though.

Frank got it bang on yesterday. He's suckered Leeds in. They think the job is almost done and we have no answer to their tactics. Cue a cunning masterplan for the 2nd leg which will bamboozle them. Anyway I'm off to book my Wembley accommodation. Catch ya all later........

I've actually got an appointment with my shrink. Bloody damn hard to post with this straight jacket on.

27 minutes ago, Gritty said:

All about opinions but I disagree with a lot of this. We did try to play it out. Constantly.  The passes just didn't come off and we lost possession. That's why we were boxed in. We weren't launching the ball to the front man at all. 

The idea us armchair fans know more than Lampard is not one I agree with.  Particularly armchair fans with hindsight.  The idea he 'bottled' it is, in my view, totally ludicrous.

We tried to play it out for about two passes before either Tomori or Malone launched to Nugent. Just cause it wasn’t straight from the goalkick doesn’t mean we tried to play it out from the back. I’m fairly sure the stats would back me up in that the majority of balls into Nugent were long balls in the air, not worked balls into him through midfield. And since he’s not peter crouch, he didn’t win many of them, so leeds kept coming. FWIW I don’t blame Tomori or Malone for this, there wasn’t enough movement in the team to create options to play it out.

You’re welcome to that view but I think, while obviously a fan can never be a better manager overall, otherwise they’d be in charge, there are certain decisions that someone else may have made that would have worked better. 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We tried to play it out for about two passes before either Tomori or Malone launched to Nugent. Just cause it wasn’t straight from the goalkick doesn’t mean we tried to play it out from the back. I’m fairly sure the stats would back me up in that the majority of balls into Nugent were long balls in the air, not worked balls into him through midfield. And since he’s not peter crouch, he didn’t win many of them, so leeds kept coming. FWIW I don’t blame Tomori or Malone for this, there wasn’t enough movement in the team to create options to play it out.

You’re welcome to that view but I think, while obviously a fan can never be a better manager overall, otherwise they’d be in charge, there are certain decisions that someone else may have made that would have worked better. 

I think what your missing a little bit is that going long was mostly a forced thing. We were trying to playing out from the back and through the midfield most of the game, like we have been trying for most of the season. Unfortunately for us Leeds were very effective in shutting that down and we lacked the ability to play our way out of it for the most part, forcing us to go long. 

15 hours ago, Cool As Custard said:

When you play against a Bielsa Leeds team you know they are going to press you at the back. We are only comfortable against teams that stand off us & give us time on the ball. When pressed we get trapped deep - Keogh & Tomori look like rabbits in headlights & this is exacerbated when you have Johnson instead of Huddlestone as it means the only thing they can do is go long. 

Unfortunately we dont have a physical presence to play long too - even if Waghorn had been fit it would have made no difference. For games like this with the shape we play we need a big target man to play long to, hold it up & allow us to get out. This wont change for Weds so we have to do something difference.

Only option we have is to play a really high line & condense the play - Leeds will try to do the same & it will become a case of who loses their nerve first & drops deeper - Leeds have more to lose so expect them to drop off & protect their lead. Given we have Tomori at the back we should be confident we have the pace to cover balls over the top & Roos also needs to be prepared to be on the due of his box & sweep. This will get our full backs much further forward.

If we do this then we need to drop Johnson & have someone better on the ball & can spread the play better to the fullbacks so Huddllestone must start. We should also start Marriott as with full backs further forward I’d expect us to be getting more balls into the box & we need someone to get some goals to get us back into the tie.

We cant go out & do the same as we did today. Doing the same thing & expecting a different result is madness so if we are going to get beat lets do it having a go & do something different. It’s a high risk strategy & we will concede but if we do it right I see us winning 3-2 on the night & nicking it on pens! UTR

Loving the sense in this post. Totally agree. We need to change things as the amount of aimless long balls that were just coming straight back was driving me insane. Huddlestone has to play for me. And Nugent doesn't hold the ball up well enough and if we get only 1 or 2 chances, he isn't the man I would be betting my house on to score.

Malone had a poor game and lost his man for the goal, but if we need goals then he is the man for me.

Definitely need to condense the play as we just couldn't get forward enough.  Holmes has to play for me, looked most likely to create something. Mount, Wilson and Lawrence can't play as badly ...but Bennett is there as super sub after 30mins if needs be. I feel no less confident than if the tie were level. I felt wealways needed to get at them...now we know we have to do it.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I honestly can't recall us launching it unless you are including the odd 'clearance' which is a bit different and not part of our offensive game.  I simply don't think that happened.

We constantly played it both through midfield and out to wings.  I think we saw the game very differently. I didn't think we played long ball at all

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I think what your missing a little bit is that going long was mostly a forced thing. We were trying to playing out from the back and through the midfield most of the game, like we have been trying for most of the season. Unfortunately for us Leeds were very effective in shutting that down and we lacked the ability to play our way out of it for the most part, forcing us to go long. 

I don’t think I’m missing that? I agree entirely it was forced and not tactical that we were forced long, that’s why I said I don’t blame Tomori or Malone. There’s no way frank sent us out to be play hoofball I agree. It was forced upon by leeds pressing. But the thing is we allowed ourselves to be forced into it by sitting so deep meaning leeds had little to worry about and could step so far up on us, to which they did a good job. But we had chances to do the same to them, but we didn’t, we just stood off them. We could have fought fire with fire but we didn’t get close to them and just let them play. Very frustrating 

20 hours ago, Rammed79 said:

Can we play Chris Martin in next leg ? ?

Curious that. It isn’t that Chris would have had any more luck than Nugent with the lack of service and Leeds pressing high on our CB’s ... but Chris might have won a few more free kicks by falling over when receiving long balls. But maybe not as the ref decisions went the defenders way every time. 

And before anyone says I’m anti Martin, I’m not. He was a good player on his day but he needed support and runners and that didn’t happen yesterday regardless of whether Nugent’s legs have gone or not.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

They worked harder and more effectively than we did

their movement both on and off the ball sadly was another level to us 

but hey, who says that can’t be us next season 

Lampard will have another window to get more of his type of player in to implement his style 

im confident ... just not for Wednesday lol

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

I’ve already texted him “morning beautiful” I’m not texting again as I don’t want to come across as needy.

Keep him guessing @Boycie until Monday afternoon then just get out of your car and walk straight up to his front door and shout “morning beautiful” through his letterbox until he opens the front door. He’s bound to come out not least to tell you it’s now the afternoon. 

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not saying leeds aren’t a decent side, nor am I saying bogle was told not get forward. I’m saying the reason why leeds didn’t give us a chance to get forward is because we allowed them to box us in. Nothing about individual instructions, it was about the team tactic not to push up and press and to sit back and try and counter. You absolutely CANNOT do that against Leeds, you can’t go out there scared of them because exactly what happened will happen, you’ll end up boxed in and not able to get out, like you say. I don’t think I’ve ever said Marriott would have made any difference cause I don’t think he would have, since all we did all game was launch it to the frontman which leeds dealt with with ease and just came on to us again. That’s how we ended up trapped, because we were too scared to play our actual football and play it out, which just kept giving it away so they kept coming again and again and again.

Leeds looked tidy but hardly unbeatable yesterday, I’ve seen us beat better sides when we haven’t come out set up so scared of them. Wouldn’t have been rocket science, I honestly think had we kept up the pressing from the first 10 minutes we’d have won that match. And we had PLENTY of chances to press, we just looked under instruction not to, and so no one did. As I say you HAVE to press and close leeds down if you’ve any chance of beating them, when we actually did it they looked wobbly! If we’d have just exposed their makeshift defence more we had a great chance! We’ve done it to similar teams like West Brom and beaten them, so why the hell did we go out so scared yesterday, and go against everything that’s made us play so well! I

As I said earlier I just don’t get the thinking behind the tactics, I’m sorry but Lampard bottled that match. He was scared of leeds after what they did to us before so sent us out to not get battered. That was suicide against Leeds and so it proved, could see that result coming from 15 minutes in. I don’t blame the players at all, I blame Lampard entirely for that result yesterday. I don’t think any of the players really did much stupid like giving the ball away, making the wrong decisions etc. That result was simply down to an appalling show of managerial nous by our manager. That’s not me calling Lampard out cause he’s won the summer window and to start next season in my eyes with what he’s done this season. But that’s what happened yesterday.

Never heard such twaddle in my life , we came out the blocks fast trying to get into them ,not sitting deep looking to break on them ,Leeds fought hard then imposed their game on us by winning their personal battles all over the park and slowly hemmed us in , their passing and movement was better than ours and they were a yard quicker and because of this the ball tended to break to and for them ,our passing and movement was right off the pace today in the way we have seen plenty times over the season ,when our passing and movement is on we look fantastic and when it’s not we look and have looked like we did yesterday but hey let’s just blame somebody let’s just say lampard is scared and the new Gary rowett ,,, hey I know ,let’s sack him ,,,, no let’s batter him but put a tag line on the end to say we don’t want to sack him ,give him the summer window ,why when he shows such a lack of manegerial nous ? 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t think I’m missing that? I agree entirely it was forced and not tactical that we were forced long, that’s why I said I don’t blame Tomori or Malone. There’s no way frank sent us out to be play hoofball I agree. It was forced upon by leeds pressing. But the thing is we allowed ourselves to be forced into it by sitting so deep meaning leeds had little to worry about and could step so far up on us, to which they did a good job. But we had chances to do the same to them, but we didn’t, we just stood off them. We could have fought fire with fire but we didn’t get close to them and just let them play. Very frustrating 

So by that frank sent us out to sit deep but then play through them ?, team sit deep in the main for two reasons ,either they are being pushed deep or they are sitting deep to draw teams on the hit balls long over the top , sorry mate but you really need to check over your posts because one minute it’s lack of managerial nous , not the players fault at all , tactics ,not tactics ,, there does not always have to be a scape goat who shoulders it all , sometimes other teams just play better than us 

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t think you grasp this is a 2 leg affair so set up and approach is slightly different to a straight one off game. It’s still all to play for for.Yes Frank would have liked a win but also we didn’t want to lose by too many goals once we went a goal down.We will go all out attack from the off Wednesday and have a fantastic win.

in Frank we trust,shame you don’t have the faith

Archived