Well Frank, you got it all wrong today...

DanS1992

29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Never heard such twaddle in my life , we came out the blocks fast trying to get into them ,not sitting deep looking to break on them ,Leeds fought hard then imposed their game on us by winning their personal battles all over the park and slowly hemmed us in , their passing and movement was better than ours and they were a yard quicker and because of this the ball tended to break to and for them ,our passing and movement was right off the pace today in the way we have seen plenty times over the season ,when our passing and movement is on we look fantastic and when it’s not we look and have looked like we did yesterday but hey let’s just blame somebody let’s just say lampard is scared and the new Gary rowett ,,, hey I know ,let’s sack him ,,,, no let’s batter him but put a tag line on the end to say we don’t want to sack him ,give him the summer window ,why when he shows such a lack of manegerial nous ? 

Yes we did come out the blocks at them and it was working, this is exactly the point, why did we stop?! Because it wasn’t because Leeds “imposed their game on us” or any other balls like that, we consciously sat deeper and deeper and refused to press when we had the opportunity to do so, under instruction from the coaching staff who clearly thought we were better served playing on the counter. I really could not understand the logic behind the tactics, we didn’t go out to play our game, we were scared of them because of what they did to us before, when yes they were a lot better than us.

But yesterday? I wasn’t at all particularly impressed by Leeds, they were shaky in distribution, their movement up front was hardly Liverpool, they were just quite tidy. Nothing to be afraid of but we played like they were Barca and we were Accrington. It’s not even like we played that badly in terms of quality on the ball, we weren’t outplayed imo, we just didn’t show enough ambition to ever beat a team like Leeds, we played right into their hands.

Im blaming someone because yesterday WAS Lampards fault. I’m not saying he’s the new Gary rowett or that we should sack him, this season has proved against that. All I’m saying is yesterday, he acted like rowett did against Fulham and it’s his fault that the game went the way it did. Because Leeds are not that much better than us, we just made them look that way.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes we did come out the blocks at them and it was working, this is exactly the point, why did we stop?! Because it wasn’t because Leeds “imposed their game on us” or any other balls like that, we consciously sat deeper and deeper and refused to press when we had the opportunity to do so, under instruction from the coaching staff who clearly thought we were better served playing on the counter. I really could not understand the logic behind the tactics, we didn’t go out to play our game, we were scared of them because of what they did to us before, when yes they were a lot better than us.

But yesterday? I wasn’t at all particularly impressed by Leeds, they were shaky in distribution, their movement up front was hardly Liverpool, they were just quite tidy. Nothing to be afraid of but we played like they were Barca and we were Accrington. It’s not even like we played that badly in terms of quality on the ball, we weren’t outplayed imo, we just didn’t show enough ambition to ever beat a team like Leeds, we played right into their hands.

Im blaming someone because yesterday WAS Lampards fault. I’m not saying he’s the new Gary rowett or that we should sack him, this season has proved against that. All I’m saying is yesterday, he acted like rowett did against Fulham and it’s his fault that the game went the way it did. Because Leeds are not that much better than us, we just made them look that way.

Sorry ,didn’t realise you were at training all week and the team talk before kick off if I had known you knew the managers and coaches instructions to the team I would have accepted what you say without question ,silly me All lampard s fault

(Saint) Frank certainly did get it wrong, everyone seems to agree he should never start Nugent again, Marriott not the perfect answer either,  but the best we’ve got ..

The REALLY big mistake was not giving Chris Martin a chance when he first came in, surely SOMEONE must have told him how good he was. Just because his two predecessors didn’t possess a brain call between them shouldn’t have swayed his decision. Having CM throughout the season would probably have secured us automatic. 

But that’s not all, WHY hasn’t he been playing Huddlestone in EVERY match, but particularly this one, when his skill and experience would have been invaluable.

Frank, you have a LOT to learn, and possibly the praise lavished upon you by the majority of fans has not helped your decision making process .. 

2 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

(Saint) Frank certainly did get it wrong, everyone seems to agree he should never start Nugent again, Marriott not the perfect answer either,  but the best we’ve got ..

The REALLY big mistake was not giving Chris Martin a chance when he first came in, surely SOMEONE must have told him how good he was. Just because his two predecessors didn’t possess a brain call between them shouldn’t have swayed his decision. Having CM throughout the season would probably have secured us automatic. 

But that’s not all, WHY hasn’t he been playing Huddlestone in EVERY match, but particularly this one, when his skill and experience would have been invaluable.

Frank, you have a LOT to learn, and possibly the praise lavished upon you by the majority of fans has not helped your decision making process .. 

You couldn’t get him Kevin hectors address too could you?

5 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

And the winner for....most laughable post of the year

Over the course of the season Leeds have been better than us as they have achieved 9 more points than us. Which is fact.

However the playoffs are a one off head to head scenario. And we didn't manage our game plan effectively enough yesterday to overcome them. Which is nothing to do with Leeds being better than us.

8 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

If people think that's a terrible performance then you can't have been to more than 3 games before. Let the sun and beers wear off then re-evaluate your ridiculous position.

COULDNT agree more.

Wasnt good, we had 0 shots on target.

But wasnt bad either, we competed against a Leeds team who gave 100% particularly when off the ball.

If brighton had the same energy and comittment against man city today, they might have given them a game.

Leeds - Derby showed me why you rarely get lots of goals in play off semi final games, because theres so much at stake, its plays out nothing like a league game, where you can not turn up for the odd game knowin you have next week to put it right.

13 minutes ago, Popular side said:

Exactly.. adopting poor tactics does make Leeds the better side 

it wasnt tactics that was the problem just as its not lampards fault that the game played out the way it did.

Derby werent good enough on the ball and as a result sat deeper and deeper, and leeds had our midfield under control, this is precisely why it looked like we needed a target man. Its not lampard way to play with a target man, certainly not with this team, its credit to leeds that the ball up to Nugent / Marriott was our only out ball. But this wasnt a tactical decision by Derby, it was cos leeds were more successful in pressing us than we were at working our way out of that press. - I know its probably a bad turn of phrase, given we all want to win and play well - But ill say it anyway, in terms of work rate - Leeds just wanted it more than us !

7 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

it wasnt tactics that was the problem just as its not lampards fault that the game played out the way it did.

Derby werent good enough on the ball and as a result sat deeper and deeper, and leeds had our midfield under control, this is precisely why it looked like we needed a target man. Its not lampard way to play with a target man, certainly not with this team, its credit to leeds that the ball up to Nugent / Marriott was our only out ball. But this wasnt a tactical decision by Derby, it was cos leeds were more successful in pressing us than we were at working our way out of that press. - I know its probably a bad turn of phrase, given we all want to win and play well - But ill say it anyway, in terms of work rate - Leeds just wanted it more than us !

3 fixtures now then that Leeds have wanted it more and Derby have been tactically sound.??..they didn’t  want it more, they just had  more belief in their game plan  

I just hope we don't rue this as a missed opportunity. Leeds will probably believe that they may be stronger on Wednesday. Bamford will presumably be back and they might also have that big oaf Janssen instead of the guy who's only started 3 games this season. 

Apart from hoping waghorn makes it we really don't have material changes to make. Sure we could fiddle about with hudds instead of Bradley and maybe giving Ashley Cole a go but we haven't looked consistently stronger with those guys in so far so may as well stick.

19 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I think you need to understand that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit before we discuss anything else.

You're absolutely correct sir. It's also the most self amusing. Afraid I am unable to help myself.

On 11/05/2019 at 20:14, DanS1992 said:

Well Mr. Lampard, you got it so very wrong today, lucky it was only 1-0. Tactics were dire, why the duck start Nugent?! He is shot, knackered and useless. First half we had none of the possession, the few times we did it all broke down with him. We were at home, no ambition, no guts, we were poo scared of them. Leeds beat us easy without getting ouy of 3rd gear. Can fault the players they tried, but frank’s setup was wrong.

Im sorry frank, but that has to be one of the worst performances of your era, that result was down to you alone. I hope you can turn it around on Wednesday, but somehow, i don’t think you will and based on that performance i think I am right. 0 SHOTS ON TARGET AT HOME. SHOCKING.

I can understand some fans being upset by the result and having a go at the manager, but it should be acknowledged that Leeds are a very good side, who only missed out on automatic promotion due to a bit of a wobble at the wrong time of the season. By contrast Derby only scraped into the play offs and could just as easily finished in 8th position, which is perhaps our true standing with a developing / transitional team. 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Sorry ,didn’t realise you were at training all week and the team talk before kick off if I had known you knew the managers and coaches instructions to the team I would have accepted what you say without question ,silly me All lampard s fault

I didn’t need to be at training to see the instructions being issue in game.

Also, how do you know I wasn’t at training? Piece of piss to get in, all you need is some pliers and a car owned by leeds utd

Some massive overreactions on here and ridiculous criticism of the manager. Lampard wants to play like Leeds, but right now doesn’t have the personnel. This is his first season at trying to evolve an aging, slow and ponderous squad of overpaid players many of whom’s best years were behind them.

Bielsa had none of that baggage, he had a young talented squad who had underperformed and needed direction backed by a Leeds academy that has always been one of the best in football. They just needed coaching and direction, similar to what McClaren inherited with Clough. Not decrying the job Bielsa has done which has been incredible but you would expect that from a coach of his pedigree, but just pointing out what Lampard has had to deal with and without boat loads of cash and spare wage bill to fix it.

The match yesterday, yes we underperformed but the performance epitomised where this squad is at currently - in transition!!!

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I didn’t need to be at training to see the instructions being issue in game.

Also, how do you know I wasn’t at training? Piece of piss to get in, all you need is some pliers and a car owned by leeds utd

Fair enough , you know best

Lampard was the biggest disappointment on Saturday.

He's had 2 thrashings by Leeds this year and they've played the same way in both those games, plus every game they've played this season. They pressure high and sit tight deeper to stop anything to feet. All the space in the world in the channels... so he plays a striker who's completely shot at this level - i'd be shocked if he's still in this league next year. Not figuring out a better plan than our usual method of playing, which has got us battered twice previously, and expecting an entirely different outcome is crazy. The only saving grace to it all is that it's only 1-0, despite the referee's best efforts. Just don't have a lot of confidence we will turn up Wednesday with any difference in plan.

These are the pitfalls of rookie management, I guess, and you can only hope he learns for the future. I believe he can, he's a smart bloke and some more squad surgery should give us better flexibility in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Lampard was the biggest disappointment on Saturday.

He's had 2 thrashings by Leeds this year and they've played the same way in both those games, plus every game they've played this season. They pressure high and sit tight deeper to stop anything to feet. All the space in the world in the channels... so he plays a striker who's completely shot at this level - i'd be shocked if he's still in this league next year. Not figuring out a better plan than our usual method of playing, which has got us battered twice previously, and expecting an entirely different outcome is crazy. The only saving grace to it all is that it's only 1-0, despite the referee's best efforts. Just don't have a lot of confidence we will turn up Wednesday with any difference in plan.

These are the pitfalls of rookie management, I guess, and you can only hope he learns for the future. I believe he can, he's a smart bloke and some more squad surgery should give us better flexibility in the summer.

this is key - it looked to me as though Jody was in Franks ear at times on Saturday, probably identifying things that weren't going well and what sorts of changes were needed. My optimistic side is saying that Frank is thinking continually about how he can improve this team.

I think its a bit of a stretch to expect too much difference on wednesday but you just never know. Lets maybe bring in 'zoon to run the wide channels and he plays a blinder......?

Archived