Well Frank, you got it all wrong today...

DanS1992

Well Mr. Lampard, you got it so very wrong today, lucky it was only 1-0. Tactics were dire, why the duck start Nugent?! He is shot, knackered and useless. First half we had none of the possession, the few times we did it all broke down with him. We were at home, no ambition, no guts, we were poo scared of them. Leeds beat us easy without getting ouy of 3rd gear. Can fault the players they tried, but frank’s setup was wrong.

Im sorry frank, but that has to be one of the worst performances of your era, that result was down to you alone. I hope you can turn it around on Wednesday, but somehow, i don’t think you will and based on that performance i think I am right. 0 SHOTS ON TARGET AT HOME. SHOCKING.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard bottled that. Not the team, the team did fine in the circumstances. Lampard bottled it and I Expect him to say as much post match. From 10 minutes in that match was only going one way.

Disappointed, could take a loss if we actually went at them. But we didn’t, we were scared of them, and just stood off them and let them do what they want. Lampard couldn’t have got that more wrong. In fact I’d be willing to say more than half this forum could have set the team up better than Lampard did there.

Only one goal in it. Nothing to lose in the second leg so I expect to see us attack it with intent, and we generally get our best results when we do that. Ain’t over yet but like everyone I’m disappointed that we let them have so much of the game without really worrying them.

Just because you were a good player doesn’t mean your going to be a good manager. Did well to get them into the playoffs in his first season but he’s on a steep learning curve and there are days he’s going to get found out.. today was one of those days . The worrying thing is that’s 3 defeats against Leeds and he’s not learning 

You can read all the posts on this thread and the same conclusion will be made,poor tactics which made the players on edge,the only time we saw Bogle over the half way line is when we may of got the penalty late second half and that is not his game at all

Never happened before when the home leg as been lost that a team as gone on to Wembley this Derby side suggests it wont change

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Lampard bottled that. Not the team, the team did fine in the circumstances. Lampard bottled it and I Expect him to say as much post match. From 10 minutes in that match was only going one way.

Disappointed, could take a loss if we actually went at them. But we didn’t, we were scared of them, and just stood off them and let them do what they want. Lampard couldn’t have got that more wrong. In fact I’d be willing to say more than half this forum could have set the team up better than Lampard did there.

I agree. Very disappointing all round. Bogle was clearly told to stay back today. He's been our best outlet at home. Way too scared of them and we got what we deserved. 

The thing is, he didn't set us up any differently today than he has against any other side this season.

On paper we're playing 4-3-3 possession based attacking football, but watching that game and you see nothing more than what Martin O'Neil offers up with his Forest side. Long, aimless balls up to a striker with no aerial presence. It's just rubbish.

Said it so many times this season: he doesn't know how to do this job competently. Has no game management skills and can't react properly when a team changes its game plan (see Swansea for example).

Nugent instead of Marriott? No change in approach at half time? Huddlestone to do what exactly in 5 flipping minutes?

No surprise to me at all that we have once again been shown up (in our own house) by a team with an actual gameplan and a manager who actually knows how to set a team up.

2 hours ago, Rammed79 said:

Can we play Chris Martin in next leg ? ?

He can’t sadly and that’s the laughable thing here, we have played (successfully) recently with Waggy holding the ball up and players running off him. Hmmm who else can do that probably better who’s still on the payroll?

And before people say CM isn’t the same player, Pearson, Rowett, Jokanovic, Atkins and Frank have never used him in that role. 

All weong is a bit harsh...0 shot on targets, starting with Nuge is wrong, letting Leeds play their passing game is not great either especially when Liverpool showed this week what to do against a very good (the best?) passing side, press them high and press them hard. 

Still, it is half time and we are 1 nil behind, Spurs also showed us what to do this week in the same situation.

2 hours ago, Popular side said:

Just because you were a good player doesn’t mean your going to be a good manager. Did well to get them into the playoffs in his first season but he’s on a steep learning curve and there are days he’s going to get found out.. today was one of those days . The worrying thing is that’s 3 defeats against Leeds and he’s not learning 

On the contrary. First game, lost 4-1; second game, lost 2-0; third game, lost 1-0. He and the team are learning and we are doing better.

Maybe we'll win the fourth game

And maybe not, but it doesn't stop it from being an excellent season.

All weong is a bit harsh...0 shot on targets, starting with Nuge is wrong, letting Leeds play their passing game is not great either especially when Liverpool showed this week what to do against a very good (the best?) passing side, press them high and press them hard. 

Still, it is half time and we are 1 nil behind, Spurs also showed us what to do this week in the same situation.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

The thing is, he didn't set us up any differently today than he has against any other side this season.

On paper we're playing 4-3-3 possession based attacking football, but watching that game and you see nothing more than what Martin O'Neil offers up with his Forest side. Long, aimless balls up to a striker with no aerial presence. It's just rubbish.

Said it so many times this season: he doesn't know how to do this job competently. Has no game management skills and can't react properly when a team changes its game plan (see Swansea for example).

Nugent instead of Marriott? No change in approach at half time? Huddlestone to do what exactly in 5 flipping minutes?

No surprise to me at all that we have once again been shown up (in our own house) by a team with an actual gameplan and a manager who actually knows how to set a team up.

Bet you’ve been itching to say this...we’re you making these comments when stuffing West Brom, Norwich away etc?

Nugent should not have started but don’t make out Leeds showed us up, they were equally poo 

Archived