Well Frank, you got it all wrong today...

DanS1992

2 hours ago, DanS1992 said:

Well Mr. Lampard, you got it so very wrong today, lucky it was only 1-0. Tactics were dire, why the duck start Nugent?! He is shot, knackered and useless. First half we had none of the possession, the few times we did it all broke down with him. We were at home, no ambition, no guts, we were poo scared of them. Leeds beat us easy without getting ouy of 3rd gear. Can fault the players they tried, but frank’s setup was wrong.

Im sorry frank, but that has to be one of the worst performances of your era, that result was down to you alone. I hope you can turn it around on Wednesday, but somehow, i don’t think you will and based on that performance i think I am right. 0 SHOTS ON TARGET AT HOME. SHOCKING.

Firstly Well done for the post and it’s apt title.

You are absolutely right, it was all wrong today and there was never a place for Nugent, to the point I’m asking myself that something is clearly wrong with Marriotts relationship with the Manager.

luckily it’s not quite over yet but taking into account our away form and the lack of initiative today I don’t think we can overturn the score. 

I have said it this season that Lampard shows some tactical naivety and he’s done it again today, if he does it Wednesday it will be over by half time. Sadly he’s not learnt his lesson here. I get it with no Waghorn we have no hold up man but that aspect of play should be basic for any centre forward and Marriotts pace gives you another outlet to get up the park quicker, not sure what Nugent gives us over Marriott or even Bennett for that fact 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Bet you’ve been itching to say this...we’re you making these comments when stuffing West Brom, Norwich away etc?

Nugent should not have started but don’t make out Leeds showed us up, they were equally poo 

Leeds had the lionshare of possession away from home, won the game, could have had one or two more on another day and their keeper never made a save all game.  I'd have been absolutely chuffed with that if we'd just done that at EL. Blinkered to not give credit where it is due IMO.

5 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Leeds had the lionshare of possession away from home, won the game, could have had one or two more on another day and their keeper never made a save all game.  I'd have been absolutely chuffed with that if we'd just done that at EL. Blinkered to not give credit where it is due IMO.

Leeds were poor today. They were not free flowing like the home league  game. That could have been nil nil. Derby were woeful and never looked liked scoring but that was not down to Leeds it was down to Derby freezing on the day

When you play against a Bielsa Leeds team you know they are going to press you at the back. We are only comfortable against teams that stand off us & give us time on the ball. When pressed we get trapped deep - Keogh & Tomori look like rabbits in headlights & this is exacerbated when you have Johnson instead of Huddlestone as it means the only thing they can do is go long. 

Unfortunately we dont have a physical presence to play long too - even if Waghorn had been fit it would have made no difference. For games like this with the shape we play we need a big target man to play long to, hold it up & allow us to get out. This wont change for Weds so we have to do something difference.

Only option we have is to play a really high line & condense the play - Leeds will try to do the same & it will become a case of who loses their nerve first & drops deeper - Leeds have more to lose so expect them to drop off & protect their lead. Given we have Tomori at the back we should be confident we have the pace to cover balls over the top & Roos also needs to be prepared to be on the due of his box & sweep. This will get our full backs much further forward.

If we do this then we need to drop Johnson & have someone better on the ball & can spread the play better to the fullbacks so Huddllestone must start. We should also start Marriott as with full backs further forward I’d expect us to be getting more balls into the box & we need someone to get some goals to get us back into the tie.

We cant go out & do the same as we did today. Doing the same thing & expecting a different result is madness so if we are going to get beat lets do it having a go & do something different. It’s a high risk strategy & we will concede but if we do it right I see us winning 3-2 on the night & nicking it on pens! UTR

Did anyone really think we were going to make this easy? The whole season has been hard work and frustrating to say the least. After 70 mins last Sunday I thought we were done, but Frank and the boys keep being as resilient as Mrs May!

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if on Wednesday night we win 3-0. I gave us no chance v Bristol and look what happened. COYR ?

3 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I agree. Very disappointing all round. Bogle was clearly told to stay back today. He's been our best outlet at home. Way too scared of them and we got what we deserved. 

Yep, my thoughts exactly. You don’t go out to win, you don’t win. Simple as. That was as negative tactics as Rowett last year. Forwards clearly under instruction not to press. 

3 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

You can read all the posts on this thread and the same conclusion will be made,poor tactics which made the players on edge,the only time we saw Bogle over the half way line is when we may of got the penalty late second half and that is not his game at all

Never happened before when the home leg as been lost that a team as gone on to Wembley this Derby side suggests it wont change

In fairness, Bielsa put a player on Bogle when we attacked so there was no room for him to run in.

I don’t like the bloke, but his tactics were spot on. I don’t think Frank necessarily got his wrong either, but we looked a mentally exhausted side to me in comparison to Leeds. We are a young side whos had two good cup runs and I think it’s caught up with us. The important thing for me is with all that considered, Leeds still struggled to break us down aside for the goal. It at least gives some hope for Wednesday’s game.

I thought it was poor from Frank today to not start Marriott and not to play Huddlestone instead of Johnson and overall things weren't great to say the least, it's not all on him though I simply think Leeds are just a better side than us and more of an all round team with few weak links. Us on the hand  are very poor defensively down the wings (especially Malone) who I though was piss poor defensively and in the holding  midfield position Johnson is nowhere near good enough and that is what I think cost us. Huddlestone has to start on Wednesday not like he is going to play any worse, and we should be able to keep the ball better with him in the team.

Bogle was told to stay back?! Really?! I’ve watched Bogle all season and there has been games where he’s been waiting for things to happen, not believing just how good he is, he had one of those games today and didn’t snap out of it until the last 15 mins!! Nothing to do with Lampard, just the mentality  of an 18 year old who will be inconsistent. And that sums up this young team, capable of last weeks performance against the baggies but equally capable of that performance today.

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bogle was told to stay back?! Really?! I’ve watched Bogle all season and there has been games where he’s been waiting for things to happen, not believing just how good he is, he had one of those games today and didn’t snap out of it until the last 15 mins!! Nothing to do with Lampard, just the mentality  of an 18 year old who will be inconsistent. And that sums up this young team, capable of last weeks performance against the baggies but equally capable of that performance today.

Bogle was literally the one brought down for the penalty shout. If that's not going forward I don't know what is. Our best moment in the second half came from Malone getting to the byline and playing the ball across. Don't think we were conservative at all. 

I just can't understand why he didn't do exactly the same tactics and setup as last week against West Brom. That game we just attacked and went for it with nothing to lose and subsequently played better and got the result. You can tell lampard has been overthinking this game because it's a play off against Leeds. A shame really but only 1-0, the tie is far from over...

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

I wouldn’t write us off just yet...we didn’t click today but we might click at the 11th hour. 

Exactly this. 

We could have put the 6th spot in concrete at Swansea but left it to home against WBA, we have given Leeds the advantage, but we CAN come back and fight for this... 

3 hours ago, Popular side said:

Just because you were a good player doesn’t mean your going to be a good manager. Did well to get them into the playoffs in his first season but he’s on a steep learning curve and there are days he’s going to get found out.. today was one of those days . The worrying thing is that’s 3 defeats against Leeds and he’s not learning 

Leeds are better than us. 

I knew this was coming . There's some bloody drivel being spouted about tonight. All the football manager warriors are out in full force. 

To put things into perspective , we weren't great today , didn't do a lot wrong , didn't do a lot right. To be slating Frank though as basically clueless is out of order , he was up against one of the best tactician's ever . We should respect that and hope Frank learns from him and learns to beat him .

Bielsa has massively over acheived with a pretty bang average group of players. Hence why they weren't automatically promoted . There by no means the finished article and if there off there game there more than beatable . 

Archived