Well Frank, you got it all wrong today...

DanS1992

I think this is all a bit harsh on Lampard. The notion that the subtleties of football tactics - a subject which is studied in depth, which managers spend hours briefing their players on with white boards, projectors and Powerpoint - can be reduced to "we didn't get into 'em enough" is also stupidly simplistic.

There were probably many intricate tactical details that Bielsa employed against us that we couldn't see or appreciate, and Lampard probably couldn't react to them. That's not meant as a slight against Lampard - it's a compliment to Bielsa. No shame in losing a tactical battle to him.

All I wanted from this season was an improvement on Rowettball (admittedly setting the bar low with that one) whilst remaining competitive. And FL has delivered that. In fact, I'd be satisfied that he had even if we hadn't made the playoffs.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/05/2019 at 19:14, DanS1992 said:

Im sorry frank, but that has to be one of the worst performances of your era, that result was down to you alone. I hope you can turn it around on Wednesday, but somehow, i don’t think you will and based on that performance i think I am right. 0 SHOTS ON TARGET AT HOME. SHOCKING.

Rewrite needed please

Just now, Ram8 said:

But did he (listen to us) ?

Dont know whether anyone noticed, but he DIDN’T START Jack Marriott .. he only brought him on when Holmes was injured !!

Yes we noticed, he went on to score 2 goals and we won. Get in there Frank!!!!

On 12/05/2019 at 13:05, Steve How Hard? said:

Frank got it bang on yesterday. He's suckered Leeds in. They think the job is almost done and we have no answer to their tactics. Cue a cunning masterplan for the 2nd leg which will bamboozle them. Anyway I'm off to book my Wembley accommodation. Catch ya all later........

Don't usually blow my own trumpet but I would if I could. ???

TobyWanKenobi

Jack Marriott saying words like "Credit to the management team" and "best night of my career."

Yep, they are DEFINITELY the words of someone who had fallen out with the gaffer and wants out...

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

This helps demonstrate how much he's got right.

Really I think you have to look a little beyond just the signings.

3 by Mason Bennett, who was basically frozen out before Lampard arrived.
2 by Jayden Bogle, who he promoted from the academy, something that is hard to imagine happening under recent regimes.

So really it's 71 of 87 (82%) ? 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Really I think you have to look a little beyond just the signings.

3 by Mason Bennett, who was basically frozen out before Lampard arrived.
2 by Jayden Bogle, who he promoted from the academy, something that is hard to imagine happening under recent regimes.

So really it's 71 of 87 (82%) ? 

Was Bogle given his debut by Snakey, then? 

11 hours ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Jack Marriott saying words like "Credit to the management team" and "best night of my career."

Yep, they are DEFINITELY the words of someone who had fallen out with the gaffer and wants out...

They might just be the words of someone who has been a bit naughty, had some time out, come back in and responded brilliantly and has just remembered what an awesome club he plays for and how much us Rams fans value him. Frankly, who cares anymore anyway? Jack is back with a bang and all is rosy in the garden. Why even bother debating it further?

COYR

Archived