Race for the Play Offs

9 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Bookings are offering 22/1 for Swansea to make the playoffs. There is a scenario were we beat Bristol lose to Swansea and West Brom and the Swans get in the POs with 71pts from nowhere.

I should stop looking at conundrums and say what will be will be ?‍♂️

Bottom line is its in our hands and if we screw it up there will be no one else but Lampard and his team to blame.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Bottom line is its in our hands and if we screw it up there will be no one else but Lampard and his team to blame.

Yes it’s in our own hands but here is the rub , it’s very far from a great position that we screw up ,we have three very tough games against good sides that are competing for promotion with two of them away from home and personaly I’m taking the view that if we make the play offs from here we have done very well ,not the position that we have thrown it away and we need to blame the manager and players.

some people need to get a grip and look at the position we are in with some balance 

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yes it’s in our own hands but here is the rub , it’s very far from a great position that we screw up ,we have three very tough games against good sides that are competing for promotion with two of them away from home and personaly I’m taking the view that if we make the play offs from here we have done very well ,not the position that we have thrown it away and we need to blame the manager and players.

some people need to get a grip and look at the position we are in with some balance 

Yep good point. We are here with this tough chance because we have failed to exploit earlier chances to gather points ?

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

I think most would have taken top 10 at the start of this season, considering all the factors. 

At this stage, I’ll be chuffed to bits if we go into the last day of the season with something to play for. Which is starting to look likely (I suspect it’ll be a case of us needing to win and everyone else loose, which would make the play offs unlikely, but it’s still nice to have the chance on the last day). 

Take it one goal at a time. Top ten - , season alive til the last day - maybe , qualify for play offs - maybe , promotion - maybe .

its all very exciting. Better than being a forest fan. 

17 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yep good point. We are here with this tough chance because we have failed to exploit earlier chances to gather points ?

Exactly the same as the teams around us who have failed to gather earlier points or faltered recently under the pressure with a top 6 spot in sight ,just ask borough,Bristol ,Leeds fans 

40 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Take it one goal at a time.

avoid relegation - , season over before the last day -  , limit managerial changes to a max of 2 - maybe ,  get the big trophy (the BC cup) - , hope that Derby don't get to the play offs - maybe

its all very exciting being a forest fan

FTFY

Wouldn't it be so in line with our season to leave it late to secure playoffs in the last few games, as we have scored so many last minute winners this season, more so than in previous years. 

Saturday is the defining point because we can actually go toe to toe with any team in this league but we are so inconsistent, if we play as we did against WBA Sheff utd or Norwich we have a great chance, however I can easily see us going there and not getting out of the starting blocks.

I've always thought top 6 should always be the minimum for us ever since Mac 1, so I'll be dissappointed if we don't make playoffs but I do trust that Frank could get us challenging near the top next year if he's able to recruit and get his style embedded. 

5 hours ago, Archied said:

I hear you but I disagree... everyone has played the same teams over the season, there is far too much emphasis put on when you get the points...if we have 3 hard games left then that means we have played 3 easy games already and not got the points. 

Mid we don’t make the play offs It is ANOTHER massive missed opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I hear you but I disagree... everyone has played the same teams over the season, there is far too much emphasis put on when you get the points...if we have 3 hard games left then that means we have played 3 easy games already and not got the points. 

There's no easy game in the Championship - just ask Leeds over the last two games or ask Norwich who are still top after drawing the last 4 games. 

Every team has been inconsistent at some point, some more than others. We should just be grateful that we still have a chance to go for the play-offs. But I suppose even if we do make the play-offs, our chances will be written off before kicking a ball in the first leg of the semi-final let alone reaching the final and winning it. 

21 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I'm really surprised that you're not more positive about this season Muespach.....

Said no DCFC Fans poster, ever

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

I'm really surprised that you're not more positive about this season Muespach.....

4 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

There's no easy game in the Championship - just ask Leeds over the last two games or ask Norwich who are still top after drawing the last 4 games. 

Every team has been inconsistent at some point, some more than others. We should just be grateful that we still have a chance to go for the play-offs. But I suppose even if we do make the play-offs, our chances will be written off before kicking a ball in the first leg of the semi-final let alone reaching the final and winning it. 

Of course there are easy games in the championship, that's why Norwich are top and Ipswich are bottom.....whats your other favorite football cliché "form goes out the window in a derby game"

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

For what it is worth, I think that IF we made the play offs then we would at least get to the final.

and...change your profile picture thing....no one thinks the joker is cool or clever...no one.

Archived