Race for the Play Offs

8 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Odds with SkyBet

Derby 1/1

Bristol City 2/1

Boro 11/4

Swansea 22/1

Bizarre odds. We aren’t even favourites to beat Bristol City so surely they should be at least the same as us!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Hated walking out at the end of the b'Ellend Road ground after this season's poor performance and watching their 'fans' waving their scarves in our faces and chanting 'We're going up as champions'. Horrible moment. Watched the last few minutes of their debacle today and their sickening fans began singing 'Que sera, sera...'. They haven't got past us yet. They are likely to face us if we make it into the play offs. I would absolutely love it if we played them and beat them over the two legs. Be sweet revenge for spygate, their arrogant management and their even more arrogant fans. I was listening to Talksport on the way to the Birmingham game before they got turned over by Wigan. The pundits were droning on about how the Premier League needs Leeds and its 'wonderful' fans. Don't make me laugh.

Come on Rams. Get to the play offs, play the dirties and do them over in honour of Brian (RIP).

Could be SPYGATE to CRYGATE

Whatever happens, I think I want whoever’s in 6th to win it. I will laugh so hard when Leeds lose, vuelas leaves and they go back to be mid-table also fans, and when villa lose, get ducked by ffp, run out parachute payments and settle into trying to break ours and forests record as the longest serving championship team. Don’t mind wba too much, but they can balls for sacking Big Dave. 

Boro can duck off too, hope they don’t finish 6th. Bristol aren’t so bad, and they’ve been there or there about like us recently. Kindred close but no cigar spirits. 

It’ll be us though. I’ll be gutted if we don’t win it though. Gutted that we didn’t win, and gutted that, specifically, any one of those other teams did. 

On 22/04/2019 at 20:54, Penelope Pendrex said:

We're not on the verge of anything, we (probably) need to get results against 3 very good teams.

If we do make it, then the odds are against us. They are cup games, though, anything could happen.

Of course we are on the verge. It is is our hands. We are ahead of Boro on goal difference and have a game in hand. We are also one point and have a better goal difference than Bristol City. As long as we don’t lose that game in hand and then match or better their results then we are sixth. I can see that optimism is rampant throughout our fans. Instead of slagging Lampard off like some have why don’t we see the positives in a rookie manager getting us to sixth in the most difficult league.

1 hour ago, harwich ram said:

7 points from 9 with our goal difference  and  we can't be caught 

The goal difference is immaterial, 7 points can't be matched anyway. 

If we were to win the next 2 games, it would most likely be enough. 

1 hour ago, harwich ram said:

7 points from 9 with our goal difference  and  we can't be caught 

FTFY  ;-)

Being pedantic, but the goal difference would be irrelevant... if we get 7 points... as that would leave us on 74 pts.  Boro can only reach 73, and assuming our draw was with Bristol, they too could then only amass 7 more, taking them to 73.

Obviously, if we don't draw with Bristol... but still get those 7 points... then even better... as they could then only reach 72!  LOL!

The goal difference would/could only kick in if we get 6 pts or less, from the remaining 9 available.

... I think!!  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

FTFY  ?

Being pedantic, but the goal difference would be irrelevant... if we get 7 points... as that would leave us on 74 pts.  Boro can only reach 73, and assuming our draw was with Bristol, they too could then only amass 7 more, taking them to 73.

Obviously, if we don't draw with Bristol... but still get those 7 points... then even better... as they could then only reach 72!  LOL!

The goal difference would/could only kick in if we get 6 pts or less, from the remaining 9 available.

... I think!!  

It would be interesting (or possibly the opposite) if we won the next two then. Would effectively make the game against West Brom a dead rubber (save for boros fleeting hope that we might loose it 10-0).

here I was holding out for the hope that we might just get to the last game with something to play for. Now I’m starting to believe we could get to the last game with nothing to play for, but in a good way. 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It would be interesting (or possibly the opposite) if we won the next two then. Would effectively make the game against West Brom a dead rubber (save for boros fleeting hope that we might loose it 10-0).

here I was holding out for the hope that we might just get to the last game with something to play for. Now I’m starting to believe we could get to the last game with nothing to play for, but in a good way. 

I'd settle for winning the next 2 and having a boring game against West brom.

I'm buzzing for the next three games... anything can happen. Everything still within reach and of course DCFC leave it right until the very, very end before we'll know. 

It'll be a tense and wild few weeks coming up and all we can do is stop whinging and get behind the club and the lads on the pitch. I've got my Derbyshire Ram flag hoisted up on the shed 

COYR!

Man City 14 players used last night cost £441 million. Man Utd 14 players used cost £427 million. Looked £400 million difference in quality. What the Man City 14 players could be sold for is mind-boggling. The motivation and work rate of such talented players at City is a joy to behold. Getting the best out of players is difficult. Frank Lampard will have a collection of players that are highly motivated and vedy highly talented. Let us hope that it is at Pride Park. We are getting glimpses of it. Who had heard of Fikayo and thought he would be player of the year? Who would have started and stuck with Bogle?

I can’t stop looking at the table and fixtures, working out conundrums. 

Looking at the remaining fixtures Boro are favourites for 6th to me cos despite us and Bristol having a game in hand, boro’s two remaining games are against Reading at home, who are safe, and then at Rotherham who will very likely have been relegated by the last game either by losing at West Brom or Millwall picking something up against Bristol.

That would mean Boro finish on 73 points, meaning we'd need to pick up at least 6 points - if not 7- from our last three depending on goal difference. Ours and Bristol’s 3 games are very awkward.

I do think if we can make it confidence will be high and I’d put money on us beating Leeds. COYR ?

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures Boro are favourites for 6th to me cos despite us and Bristol having a game in hand, boro’s two remaining games are against Reading at home, who are safe, and then at Rotherham who will very likely have been relegated by the last game either by losing at West Brom or Millwall picking something up against Bristol.

4 years ago Reading safe, us needing a draw at home to get us into the playoffs totally flunked it 3-0.

Would you have predicted that?

I feel that FL will be reasonably happy with the season if we make the play offs considering injuries, financial considerations and that it is his first year as a manager. I feel that he has done well with loans, bringing Bogle in and especially with the fans' support at away games. He has a supervised a clear out and may get a few quid to spend next year. The Rams players want promotion. Have they been offered another year if we get promoted? ??

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

That would mean Boro finish on 73 points, meaning we'd need to pick up at least 6 points - if not 7- from our last three depending on goal difference. Ours and Bristol’s 3 games are very awkward.

I do think if we can make it confidence will be high and I’d put money on us beating Leeds. COYR ?

We hammered Hull and scored 6 goals in two league games. They came here in play offs and won 3 nil then 3-2 on aggregate. Hopefully, Leeds would be a similar scenario. Can pigs fly? If not, why not? Beating Leeds would be nice. ?✈️?

Archived