• Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Villa 1/5

Bristol City 5/6

Derby 6/4

Boro 4/1

Forest 14/1

Preston 20/1

I have a horrible feeling that us away at Bristol will decide who gets 6th. Bristol City Villa next weekend.. 

We'll beat Bristol no bother. You heard it here first ?

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Villa 1/5

Bristol City 5/6

Derby 6/4

Boro 4/1

Forest 14/1

Preston 20/1

I have a horrible feeling that us away at Bristol will decide who gets 6th. Bristol City Villa next weekend.. 

You would tend to agree with the above as Bristol City just need to avoid defeat and we need to win for us to overhaul them so the mathematical odds are against us. If they beat us then that will be curtains IMHO. 

We might win the remainder of our games though so who knows.. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

You would tend to agree with the above as Bristol City just need to avoid defeat and we need to win for us to overhaul them so the mathematical odds are against us. If they beat us then that will be curtains IMHO. 

We might win the remainder of our games though so who knows.. 

Yep! I remember checking during the international break we were 4’s, so we’re doing something right (and getting a few favours along the way)...

Villa have still got to play Norwich and Leeds, however I do think they will take 5th place. If we are to get 6th we will have to win at least two of our away games, none of them are easy. We need about 15 -18 points to secure 6th, it's a tough ask but exciting nonetheless.

4 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Villa have still got to play Norwich and Leeds, however I do think they will take 5th place. If we are to get 6th we will have to win at least two of our away games, none of them are easy. We need about 15 -18 points to secure 6th, it's a tough ask but exciting nonetheless.

Last 2 games though when high chance Norwich and Leeds will have nothing to play for.

Even if we win all 7 remaining games (which I can’t see) we will only be on 81 pts. The way villa and Bristol are going mid 70s looks likely to be the aim. That means us gaining 15 pts (5 wins from 7?). We haven’t shown that form all season. My prediction is 8th, with Boro 7th, Bristol 6th and Villa 5th. Villa v Leeds final and villa to go up. 

7 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Even if we win all 7 remaining games (which I can’t see) we will only be on 81 pts. The way villa and Bristol are going mid 70s looks likely to be the aim. That means us gaining 15 pts (5 wins from 7?). We haven’t shown that form all season. My prediction is 8th, with Boro 7th, Bristol 6th and Villa 5th. Villa v Leeds final and villa to go up. 

Bristol have 8 points from last 5,  12 from last 10, they aren't exactly pulling up trees.  Streaky team so they could end up on 80 points or fail to make 70.   I reckon we have as much chance as them of making the top 6 - there's a chance someone below will come with a late run but then Villa may collapse again so for me it's 50:50.   I reckon 73 is looking about the cut, anything above that I'd be more confident than not.

They've got a difficult little run so we need to get ahead and then avoid defeat down there.   Millwall away for them could be difficult if Millwall aren't safe.  

I haven’t believed we were good enough for a while for top 6 then again I don’t think there is a better team than us going for 6th place hence we are still in it and importantly we look like scoring goals again and if we were fortunate enough to make it I would take anyone one with confidence in our team

We may well turn up for this now. We've scored 9 goals in 2 games and the goals have come from 6 different players. Every one of our 6 midfield/attacking players are very serious goal threats. It makes the prediction league very difficult so it can't be much fun for opposition managers to plan who to mark. We should've beat Brentford and that's a tough away game. I can honestly see us winning every game now. We'll get there.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

We may well turn up for this now. We've scored 9 goals in 2 games and the goals have come from 6 different players. Every one of our 6 midfield/attacking players are very serious goal threats. It makes the prediction league very difficult so it can't be much fun for opposition managers to plan who to mark. We should've beat Brentford and that's a tough away game. I can honestly see us winning every game now. We'll get there.

I like your optimism! 

(Where's the real Parsnip gone?) ?

Cannot believe WBA have avoided a mention - they are starting to slip too.

It would be amazing if they were not in it at the end but stranger things have happened.

I still believe we will sneak in - figures this mid-week and saturday could see us right back in it with teams playing each other

Bris v WBA

Preston v Leeds

Sheff W v Trees

AV v Bris

WBA v Preston

Leeds v Sheff W

And M'boro losing to anyone

We on paper have two winnable games, shame we cannot play them on paper, anyone got a dice ?

We’ve got to win 2 of our last 4 away games, ideally one of those being Bristol or a draw to minimise impact, and win all 3 home matches to stand any chance.

Things will probably change again and I’ll be made to eat my words but I think the final playoff showdown will be between Villa, Bristol and us. Boro are in free fall and don’t think the other teams have enough

Archived