Race for the Play Offs

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's all laugh at dirty Leeds. Sorry, but there's been massively enjoyable schadenfreude in watching their auto challenge come hopelessly unstuck in recent weeks. If we make it to the play-offs they may well still end our season, but there's no sign of that plank @vidukasbox trolling us right now, is there? 

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Let's all laugh at dirty Leeds. Sorry, but there's been massively enjoyable schadenfreude in watching their auto challenge come hopelessly unstuck in recent weeks. If we make it to the play-offs they may well still end our season, but there's no sign of that plank @vidukasbox trolling us right now, is there? 

I don’t care who wins it as long as leeds don’t.

... or Villa. 

... or West Brom.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

After what happened earlier in the season and what ever happens if we meet in the play offs, I just love that if they go up they had to do it the hard way and didn't walk it.

If it's not us, I'll be fully behind whoever they play. Mathematically impossible, but I would prefer to watch Forest go up than Leeds now.

7 minutes ago, David said:

After what happened earlier in the season and what ever happens if we meet in the play offs, I just love that if they go up they had to do it the hard way and didn't walk it.

If it's not us, I'll be fully behind whoever they play. Mathematically impossible, but I would prefer to watch Forest go up than Leeds now.

To be honest, I've always hated Leeds more than Forest though I get I'm in the minority there. For me it's always been...

Anyone but leeds.jpg

Just now, 86 points said:

To be honest, I've always hated Leeds more than Forest though I get I'm in the minority there. For me it's always been...

Before this season they never really bothered me to be honest, all the Clough and Dirty Leeds stuff was years before my time and was never drilled into me. 

The "Spygate" thing and their fans reaction to it online really has got to me, probably too much, no probably about it. Weird as some still brush it off as nothing, yet I'm still here raging inside, genuinely stunned they stooped so low.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking it wasn't the norm, this kind of thing does happen all over, I don't know. Still don't like it. Still would absolutely love it if we beat them.

Their record since is probably just a coincidence as the high tempo football takes it toll, but I like to believe it's because they are not able to cheat anymore, helps me sleep at night.

57 minutes ago, David said:

Before this season they never really bothered me to be honest, all the Clough and Dirty Leeds stuff was years before my time and was never drilled into me. 

The "Spygate" thing and their fans reaction to it online really has got to me, probably too much, no probably about it. Weird as some still brush it off as nothing, yet I'm still here raging inside, genuinely stunned they stooped so low.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking it wasn't the norm, this kind of thing does happen all over, I don't know. Still don't like it. Still would absolutely love it if we beat them.

Their record since is probably just a coincidence as the high tempo football takes it toll, but I like to believe it's because they are not able to cheat anymore, helps me sleep at night.

If its Us v Them in the play-offs next month and we beat them, it would be SPYGATE to CRYGATE

1 hour ago, David said:

Well this should make you smile then. It's not that fact that he can't send spies to watch opposition teams preparing anymore, it was God's will! Made me chuckle anyway.

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa says he does not think his squad could repeat the level of consistency they have shown this season.

The Whites have lost their past two games to slip to third in the Championship, three points behind Sheffield United with two games to go.

"Not one single player on our team would reproduce the performances this constant in another season," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

"They've given everything."

Leeds can still finish in the top two, but their inferior goal difference means that if the Blades beat Ipswich on Saturday their automatic promotion hopes will be all-but over.

The Argentine believes the side's "fate was decided" by the 2-1 home defeat by Wigan on 19 April.

"In that game we had 15 chances to score and more than 70% of possession. The final result was a decision of God," he said.

Full article at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48072547

21 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Well this should make you smile then. It's not that fact that he can't send spies to watch opposition teams preparing anymore, it was God's will! Made me chuckle anyway.

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa says he does not think his squad could repeat the level of consistency they have shown this season.

The Whites have lost their past two games to slip to third in the Championship, three points behind Sheffield United with two games to go.

"Not one single player on our team would reproduce the performances this constant in another season," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

"They've given everything."

Leeds can still finish in the top two, but their inferior goal difference means that if the Blades beat Ipswich on Saturday their automatic promotion hopes will be all-but over.

The Argentine believes the side's "fate was decided" by the 2-1 home defeat by Wigan on 19 April.

"In that game we had 15 chances to score and more than 70% of possession. The final result was a decision of God," he said.

Full article at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48072547

Sounds very much like a now or never, not sure how the players would react to that, being told you will never be this good again.

Already thought he would walk if they don’t go up, this strengthens that view.

45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

If Villa beat Leeds and we beat Swansea, then come Saturday, Leeds aren't winning and Boro haven't scored many, should we let WBA win so we let them go third?

Probably asking for trouble!

Let's hope Villa lose today and we can get 5th.

Sunday.

We can certainly beat an out of form and demoralised Leeds.

Villa v West Brom playoffs are going to be tasty and anything could happen in 2 Derby games.

Derby v West Brom final would be the best outcome of course. 

Archived