Race for the Play Offs

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Policing issues will be the major concern and will be the major factor in determining who plays when. Can't see the police being happy with a 5:15 kickoff between us and Leeds so my money will be on 12:30

They also won't want a 5.15 kick off between villa and baggies...local derby and all that! 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You’d expect Villa fans to be drinking away from the West Brom area then catch a train close to kickoff

Having lived a couple of years in that part of the world, they don't seem to have areas - there are fans of all 3 colours spread throughout the whole area, like viruses.......

If we make it I’m happy to play either Leeds or West Brom in the Semis. I am 100 more times confident than last season when we limped over the line then out under Rowett. 

My mindset is tunnelled towards Sunday not being our final game this season. Whether this is wishful thinking or not I don’t know? but I remember the Reading game 4 years all to well (Will’s back pass / Bents penalty missed ?) and the feeling afterwards. I dont want to feel like that again. COYR ?

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Your resident weirdo "plastic" football fan has some thoughts.

First of all, I still don't know if anyone believes this but I really hope you make it, first of all for Mel, secondly for Frank, to make the play offs in his first full season is a very solid job. Thirdly I want you to make it 'cos of the the friends I've made on here and even though there have some total **** ****, I can't separate those who I like and want success for them but not the others. If I could I would though!!

Just go and do what you did to West Brom last time you played them, probably one of the best performances I've seen from you this season.

Try to enjoy the day and remember whatever happens, you're back next season to have a crack at whatever league you're in.

I won't be watching as I'll be glued to Peterboro v Burton, but it'll be the first result I look for.

All the best ladies and gents.

We’re playing Sunday lunchtime. Burton play Saturday evening.

6 hours ago, HertsRam said:

I might sound stupid but I can’t remember. Is game A of the play offs 3rd vs 6th? I’m just seeing what day I need to get off for the second leg should we get there! Cheers 

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

"The EFL will confirm which ties are A and B for each division after consulting with police at the end of the regular season."

Apparently

Leg 1 - 11th May 

Game A - 5th V 4th 12.30

Game B - 6th V 3rd 17.15 

Leg 2 -

Game A - 4th v 5th ... 14th may 7.45 *

Game B - 3rd v 6th ... 15th May 7.45 *

*In leg 2 the game involving WBA will KO at 8pm but whether this is A or B depends on where they finish. 

13 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

Leg 1 - 11th May 

Game A - 5th V 4th 12.30

Game B - 6th V 3rd 17.15 

Leg 2 -

Game A - 4th v 5th ... 14th may 7.45 *

Game B - 3rd v 6th ... 15th May 7.45 *

*In leg 2 the game involving WBA will KO at 8pm but whether this is A or B depends on where they finish. 

If West Brom finish third, it means they’ve beaten us. If they’ve besen us, this is inky really relevant if you’ve got a particular hard on for watching boro vs wba. 

So I can guarantee that wba will be finishing 4th, cos we’re gonna thrash them. 

Archived