Race for the Play Offs

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Today I wanted Forest to win, but win 3-0 was a bonus. Bristol also lost, but I was'nt too surprised at that result. We need to get a result at Bristol and Swansea to keep up this late challange for the 6th spot.

Why do we? Surely we just now have to better or equal Boro and Bristol City's results?

So Derby are on the verge of securing sixth spot meaning we play Leeds (more than likely) who beat us comfortably home and away during the season. We could then play Aston Villa in the final who again beat us comfortably home and away during the season. Anyone else thinking we will win the play offs and get promoted as every ‘pundit’ will right us off.

The Scenario= 27th April, Middlesbrough 0 Reading 0, Bristol 0 Rams 1.

GA       Points

Derby         12+       70                                                                                                                                         

M'Boro          6+        68

Bristol            6+        66

30th April, Millwall 1 Bristol 1

Derby          12+      70

M'Boro          6+       68

Bristol         6+       67

1st May, Swansea 1 Derby 1

Derby          12+      71

M'Boro        6+       68

Bristol         6+       67

5th May, Derby v WBA, Hull v Bristol and Rotherham v M'Boro all dead rubber games because 6th place was secured on the Wednesday night.

37 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

So Derby are on the verge of securing sixth spot meaning we play Leeds (more than likely) who beat us comfortably home and away during the season. We could then play Aston Villa in the final who again beat us comfortably home and away during the season. Anyone else thinking we will win the play offs and get promoted as every ‘pundit’ will right us off.

We're not on the verge of anything, we (probably) need to get results against 3 very good teams.

If we do make it, then the odds are against us. They are cup games, though, anything could happen.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Odds with SkyBet

Derby 1/1

Bristol City 2/1

Boro 11/4

Swansea 22/1

Am sure 1/1 is more commonly called Evens but I may be wrong.....the odds will change again after the Bristol away game I guarantee that much 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Am sure 1/1 is more commonly called Evens but I may be wrong.....the odds will change again after the Bristol away game I guarantee that much 

Rarely referred to as evens via online gambling, ie if you logged onto a betting website. If we were having a conversation I would have said evens. 

Definitely will change. We were 3/1 before today’s game. Don’t lose at Bristol and I think we’ll be in the driving seat. Boro have two very winnable games but lack the game in hand. 

Saturday really is a massive game 

38 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Hated walking out at the end of the b'Ellend Road ground after this season's poor performance and watching their 'fans' waving their scarves in our faces and chanting 'We're going up as champions'. Horrible moment. Watched the last few minutes of their debacle today and their sickening fans began singing 'Que sera, sera...'. They haven't got past us yet. They are likely to face us if we make it into the play offs. I would absolutely love it if we played them and beat them over the two legs. Be sweet revenge for spygate, their arrogant management and their even more arrogant fans. I was listening to Talksport on the way to the Birmingham game before they got turned over by Wigan. The pundits were droning on about how the Premier League needs Leeds and its 'wonderful' fans. Don't make me laugh.

Come on Rams. Get to the play offs, play the dirties and do them over in honour of Brian (RIP).

Archived