Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

So we lose Frank, Jody, Chris Jones.

But reports say 6-8 folk are going with him.

So that's Shay Given and who else? That must include a bunch of the fitness staff and/or scouting team?

Keogh, Mel Morris, Stephen Pearce

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that's Shay Given and who else? That must include a bunch of the fitness staff and/or scouting team?

So long as it's not Wassall and the rest of the academy staff.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I can't quite grasp the angle of Leeds fans replying to the news that Lampard is about to get the Chelsea job with jokes about him crying.

He's spent one season at our level and he's immediately back in the Champions League ? Seems like a pretty good deal.

I think you're crediting the average Leeds fan with way more intelligence than they deserve.....

Steve Rands - head of performance analysis. He joined after Frank from Man City.

And the only other I can think of would be Robin Sadler who's a physiotherapist. He's been here since 2016 but was at Man City during Frank's short spell there

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I can't quite grasp the angle of Leeds fans replying to the news that Lampard is about to get the Chelsea job with jokes about him crying.

He's spent one season at our level and he's immediately back in the Champions League ? Seems like a pretty good deal.

That’s because Leeds fans are morons...

TBH, I wasn't bothered at all last week and had no animosity toward Frank wanting his dream job.

But now it's dragged into our pre-season and all the talk in the media is about Chelsea not wanting to interfere with theirs, then now I'm pizzed off completely.

I'm struggling to understand why we'd be paying his wages to take time off work to talk to another employer

Until today I was hoping he'd change his mind. Now however, give me Cocu and let's get on with it. COYR!

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I saw somewhere (maybe Steve Nicholson) that Given was the only one out of the 4 (Lampard, Morris, Jones and Given) in today?

9 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I think you're crediting the average Leeds fan with way more intelligence than they deserve.....

In fairness this is a bunch that sing Champions of Europe on a weekly basis even though they have never been champions of Europe.

When they played Bayern in the final every other supporter in the country was pulling for a German club - they were despised that much.

Hark how we laughed when they got turned over 2-0

1/
Frank shouldn't stay, just to avoid breaking Audrina's heart!  That is just about the most ridiculous comment on this thread!

2/
"Derby County Football Club has excused Frank Lampard from reporting back for pre-season training on Monday and Tuesday to allow his discussions regarding a potential move to Chelsea to be concluded as soon as possible".

There is no implication there that suggests that Mel and/or DCFC have "...ask(ed) employees to stay away from work"!  More that DCFC have granted a request (from Frank) to do so... unless I'm missing something?

3/
"On the assumption that Frank will reach an agreement with Chelsea to become their new manager, the club shall step up its efforts to find a replacement manager."

I really don't see a problem with that.  It doesn't hint at any "absence of trust and confidence" imo, but merely states that we are making in-roads into moving on, should the "inevitable occur". 
For all we know, Frank could already have told Mel he is "definitely going, just need to sort out the finer points, and thanks for your patience and understanding".  I'd imagine there's a heap of conversations that we, the general public, are not privy to!  

4/
I'm a tad peeved that Frank cannot be expected to continue these talks with Chelsea whilst on holiday (Mel's defence of Frank in this latest situation), but it's acceptable to do so instead of turning up for work at his current employer.  In this instance (and only this instance), I'm a little disappointed in Mel granting this absence.  Else-wise, his handling of this whole farce appears to be something we should all be proud of, imo.

5/
Ho Hum...

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

In fairness this is a bunch that sing Champions of Europe on a weekly basis even though they have never been champions of Europe.

When they played Bayern in the final every other supporter in the country was pulling for a German club - they were despised that much.

Hark how we laughed when they got turned over 2-0

Totally off topic but that was the first European Cup final I ever watched.

Watched it on a tiny black and white (yes, kids, black and white) portable, powered by a car battery.

In a caravan in Skeggy.

Happy days.

31 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There was a story in the express saying that Leeds were worried that Frank might stop them taking Clarke-Salter on loan if he became Chelsea manager, because of the events of last season and all the crying nonsense. Every cloud and all that.

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Outside of Frank and Jody I can't really say i'd be that upset about losing anyone (and even then i'm not that bothered if they go either). Can't really say anyone else seems irreplaceable - wouldn't say we for example are streets ahead in fitness, scouting ,etc to the extent where we wouldn't be able to find anyone to fill the roles. We will just have to fill the roles with people from the Netherlands.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

There was a story in the express saying that Leeds were worried that Frank might stop them taking Clarke-Salter on loan if he became Chelsea manager, because of the events of last season and all the crying nonsense. Every cloud and all that.

Outside of Frank and Jody I can't really say i'd be that upset about losing anyone (and even then i'm not that bothered if they go either). Can't really say anyone else seems irreplaceable - wouldn't say we for example are streets ahead in fitness, scouting ,etc to the extent where we wouldn't be able to find anyone to fill the roles. We will just have to fill the roles with people from the Netherlands.

Just like the Glorious Revolution.

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

On the face of it looks like we've been too accomodating ,interesting to see what transpires .Better be some good loans off the back of this .

Yeah- I think that’s the hope right? If Lampards deal to Chelsea gets finalized; we won’t have all the details of how this all transpired...although I am far less conspiratorial then some folks have been. 

For me:

We had a fun/good season. 

The team profile took a jump- ability to attract some talent(player/manager alike)

We will have more then likely cemented a solid relationship with the Manager in charge of the most talented youth setup in the country.(In charge- as in final say). That doesn’t just mean loans- could be some perm deals to be had, in the near future.

It will be unfortunate to have to start with a new face in management again...but I feel really good about the strides taken this year.  I think when we look back in a couple years, this will have been a massive amount of (needed) change to help propel the Rams forward  

coyr!

27 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Something something Brexit

Archived