Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Financially, you're probably right - a no lose situation. However, I suspect he cares about his reputation as a successful manager (especially at his beloved Chelsea) and wouldn't want a major failing/early dismissal on his CV even if he could point to the so called transfer embargo in mitigation.

Get what you’re saying, but the embargo gives him a professional shield from criticism.

If he was concerned about a failure or early dismissal on his CV then he should leave this job alone for the time being and let another patsy take this poisoned chalice for now  

Tied in to that is the Hazard sale, without him last season they’d have finished below halfway, even with the vastly more experienced Sarri at the helm.

What are the expectations placed on this novice manager should he become Chelsea manager?

On shaky ground from the outset IMO

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I 100% agree with you. Unless we’ve been assured the contracts will be signed within the next two days (like the club have suggested), he should be here 

Maybe it was DCFC that told Frank to stay away and get things sorted with Chelsea so we can move on and appoint a Manager ourselves?

Frank being in training instead of thrashing out a deal down south would have just prolonged everything. 

We don’t know what the hold up is.....

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

If Lampard's move to Chelsea falls through now, we should fire him.

That's probably their plan...

Roman:
"Tell 'em we turned you down, Frank.  They'll sack you, then we can hire you as a free agent, and we'll split the £4m between us"!

;-)

15 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Don't want him back now anyway.

Would have little respect from players if he returned now.

Gotta go Frank - so get on with it please, and if you're so keen on Jodie Morris - you pay his wages and our compensation.

bye.

I am by no means a die hard supporter (get to matches when i can due to ill health) but back in the day at the BBG i was so i can understand some die hard fans resentment towards Frank. I am not fussed whether he stays or goes tbh but i agree i think the players would have little respect if he stays and some might like to see him gone. If he does stay it will be interesting to see the fans reactions towards him at the opening match against Huddersfield especially as its shown live on Sky sports

I think that up until today, he had a legitimate excuse to turn up and dismiss the last few weeks as “I don’t get involved in all the speculation, I’m here to do a job for Derby” and irrespective of whether there were unofficial talks or not he would have probably appeased most people and we would have cracked on.

The fact that he’s not here today, irrespective of whether it’s Derby’s or his idea, means that we’ve collectively crossed a line. I don’t see a way that he comes back to us and convinces is that he’s 100% committed to the job.

I took his silence throughout as simply not getting involved in journalistic bed wetting, but now I just feel that he’s tried to fly below the radar whilst he gets this move. Disappointed. 

I also don’t get this putting Frank and Chelsea’s agenda before our own. Keeping a good relationship with them (or rather not burning bridges) in the hope to get preferential treatment on loans doesn’t seem like a good reason, especially given how we’ve been strung along up to now; I wouldn’t put my money on Chelsea honouring any “agreements” or goodwill.

I can only assume that there’s some further mutual benefit here and that a rabbit is about to be pulled from a hat?

2 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

I also don’t get this putting Frank and Chelsea’s agenda before our own. Keeping a good relationship with them (or rather not burning bridges) in the hope to get preferential treatment on loans doesn’t seem like a good reason, especially given how we’ve been strung along up to now; I wouldn’t put my money on Chelsea honouring any “agreements” or goodwill.

I can only assume that there’s some further mutual benefit here and that a rabbit is about to be pulled from a hat?

I think you're right.  Mel is anything but stupid.  I feel confident he is talking to Frank's successor about transfers in and out, whilst sitting by the phone waiting for Frank to confirm the deal is done.  In a week's time, we'll all look back at this saga with a collective sigh of relief and get excited for the weeks ahead (he typed, hopefully!).

22 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

I think that up until today, he had a legitimate excuse to turn up and dismiss the last few weeks as “I don’t get involved in all the speculation, I’m here to do a job for Derby” and irrespective of whether there were unofficial talks or not he would have probably appeased most people and we would have cracked on.

The fact that he’s not here today, irrespective of whether it’s Derby’s or his idea, means that we’ve collectively crossed a line. I don’t see a way that he comes back to us and convinces is that he’s 100% committed to the job.

I took his silence throughout as simply not getting involved in journalistic bed wetting, but now I just feel that he’s tried to fly below the radar whilst he gets this move. Disappointed. 

Agree with you it’s where I am now too, disappointed in the tub thumping but still holding FL in high regard....... until today.

Now left feeling disappointed, sad way for things to end. Could’ve and should’ve been handled so much better. 

People shouldn’t be slagging FL off. He has chosen to go to the club he loves and spent 13 years with, can’t blame him tbh. I’m disappointed he’s going but that’s life poo happens!! I’m just annoyed how long it’s all taking and how it affects our preparations for the coming season. Hopefully by Wednesday he’s gone and we have a new manager in place (Cocu) please Mel. ????

Archived