Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tcdcfc said:

People shouldn’t be slagging FL off. He has chosen to go to the club he loves and spent 13 years with, can’t blame him tbh. I’m disappointed he’s going but that’s life poo happens!! I’m just annoyed how long it’s all taking and how it affects our preparations for the coming season. Hopefully by Wednesday he’s gone and we have a new manager in place (Cocu) please Mel. ????

People aren't slagging FL off because he is going to Chelsea (or is he). Its the manner in which Chelsea and FL to a degree are conducting themselves in this matter

I personally don't see too much wrong with how Chelsea and Lampard have conducted themselves. It's frustrating from our point of view, but it's just one of those things that we have to take on the chin. 

It sounds like we will be receiving the news very shortly anyway, therefore we can cross our fingers and hope that magic Mel can entice Cocu to Pride Park. It sounds like it may not be a straight forward conversation. 

Not sure how much I trust O’Rourke anymore, I’ve seen him get a few things wrong recently, more so than he used to. That said, I kinda expected that deal to be signed already so it wouldn’t surprise me. Backroom staff now, let’s hope it doesn’t take too long to wrap everything up so we can get official confirmation soon enough.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I personally don't see too much wrong with how Chelsea and Lampard have conducted themselves. It's frustrating from our point of view, but it's just one of those things that we have to take on the chin. 

It sounds like we will be receiving the news very shortly anyway, therefore we can cross our fingers and hope that magic Mel can entice Cocu to Pride Park. It sounds like it may not be a straight forward conversation. 

Until today I'd have agreed, but it was a complete unnecessary nonsense to allow pre-season to start and for the manager to leave later that day. Everyone who works has a deadline... someone (Chelsea, Frank? Who knows.) didn't care enough about us to get it done in time.

I can't quite grasp the angle of Leeds fans replying to the news that Lampard is about to get the Chelsea job with jokes about him crying.

He's spent one season at our level and he's immediately back in the Champions League ? Seems like a pretty good deal.

So we lose Frank, Jody, Chris Jones.

But reports say 6-8 folk are going with him.

So that's Shay Given and who else? That must include a bunch of the fitness staff and/or scouting team?

Archived