Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Like I said the other day, it's 48 hours with the option of a 24 hour rolling extension...

In the next 48 hours we should know more about exactly which 48 hour slot we should expect the announcement of the 48 slot in which lampard to Chelsea will be announced 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We need Jack Bauer to get involved...he got everything sorted in 24 hours guaranteed

If it was down to jack bauer, this deal would have been the sub plot sorted in 4 hours before the major baddie behind it all makes himself known 

post match GIF

10 hours ago, GenBr said:

Its a negotiation between Frank and Chelsea. They have to pay the compensation for Frank as long as he is still employed with us - its not a choice. The only way they get round that is uf we sack him. The only things we'd have to negotiate is compensation for anyone else who wants to jump ship if they dont have compensation clauses in their contracts, which i dont believe Jody and co do. To me it sounds like the hold up is between Frank and Chelsea and not Derby and Chelsea.

And i think you will find every single business in the entire world will not want to spend millions if they dont have to.

Exaclty. Chelsea don't want to have to pay the millions.

And we are left with a non working manager, and we are publicly announcing we are stepping up our efforts to replace our currently employed manager.

Going public on national radio is a major risk to our receiving full compensation.

The risk I see is we are effectively announcing the end of an employment contract.....

That said it's a risk, it might not happen.

And it now seems once again he will be joining Chelsea (latest news reports ) 

I will await with great interest how the compensation gets announced and sorted.

2 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Exaclty. Chelsea don't want to have to pay the millions.

And we are left with a non working manager, and we are publicly announcing we are stepping up our efforts to replace our currently employed manager.

Going public on national radio is a major risk to our receiving full compensation.

The risk I see is we are effectively announcing the end of an employment contract.....

That said it's a risk, it might not happen.

And it now seems once again he will be joining Chelsea (latest news reports ) 

I will await with great interest how the compensation gets announced and sorted.

I woudnt  worry about it fella

10 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Just because he hasn't spoken publicly doesn't mean he hasn't broken the implied terms of trust and confidence. We will never be privy to what has been said between Mel and Frank. Mel announcing he had given Frank permission to talk to Chelsea actually strengthens Mel in this matter. Mel is quite within his rights to bring it into the public demain that he has given permission.. There very well have been an agreement that Frank would be gone before preseason training so we could get a replacement manager in place

I realise he COULD have broken the implied terms, it's just you have not a single shred of evidence he has. Lampard could have done anything. Literally anything. But with not the slightest bit of evidence it's odd to suggest he may have broken them.

Hence I avoid speculating that he has, and it would be foolish in the extreme to conclude he has broken the implied terms.

I'm merely pointing out to talk on national radio about an employee in terms that clearly say we are looking to replace the employee then the implied terms are at best very close to being broken. 

If you can't see things that way, that's fine.

12 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I see the first thing Frank Lampard’s Chelsea youth revolution has done is splurge £40m on a back up centre mid.

Poor old Mason Mount.

Bitter? Me? Never. 

The guy played 32 times last season for Chelsea and was part of the engine room in the team which reached the world cup final, he's hardly Jack Rodwell.

9 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

The guy played 32 times last season for Chelsea and was part of the engine room in the team which reached the world cup final, he's hardly Jack Rodwell.

I think his point might have been that that all these experts in the media are getting excited thinking that Lampard is going to play all the youth players but will he really? Chelsea have got a lot of players on their books, many of whom are established players, they won’t take kindly to being dropped for younger players. Let’s take a look at some of the players for example. Will Reece James get in the team ahead of captain Azpilicueta? Will Tomori get in the squad ahead of Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger or Zouma? Will Mount get in the team ahead of Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek and Kovacic? Will Abraham get ahead of World Cup winner Giroud and reliable premier league Belgium international Batshuyai?

It’s all good people in the media saying he’s going to play all these youth players but the reality is it doesn’t work like that, he will most likely resort to using the senior pros especially if Chelsea are going through a bad patch. Many of these players  whom have been known to throw their toys out of the pram and haven’t been afraid to cause tantrums to much superior managers than Lampard. 

Archived