Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

This place has officially collapsed into a deeper level of insanity than during the Mac to Newcastle rumours (and form thereafter). Properly bizarre reading, and I read Lovecraft!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember some fans mentioning how intelligent FL is when we were rumoured to be appointing him. A Level in Latin!

He's obviously a bit more dim than everyone thinks if he can't see how he's inevitably going to fail at Chelsea. All this wringing of hands over a manager who took a team that finished 6th and got them to 6th. Now that's setting the bar low.

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

imagine that this is strictly not true because they have not entered into a contact with DCFC.  Frank has to pay £4m to exit his contract and he is asking Chelsea to pay it on his behalf.  Nothing to stop him buying his contract out now this minute

The choices are Frank pays what is essentially a release clause himself or Chelsea have to pay compensation or we sack him. If Chelsea wants him someone has to pay for him - its not something that is up for negotiation - there is no reason why would accept anything less than the amount in his contract.

"The club who gains the services of the manager will be required to pay a fee to compensate the club who is losing the manager. The amount of compensation is a matter which will be agreed between the two clubs.

When the manager leaves the club to which he was originally contracted he will be deemed to have terminated his contract early (a breach of the contract) meaning that the club will need to be compensated for this loss.

What happens if the clubs cannot agree an adequate amount of compensation?

If the manager moves between clubs and the clubs cannot agree on an adequate amount of compensation then due to the early termination of the contract the original club will be able to bring the following claims:

Breach of contract – by the manager

Inducement to breach the contract – by the club obtaining his services

It is likely that both these claims are to be heard by a disciplinary tribunal which will decide on the adequate amount of compensation to be paid."

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I remember some fans mentioning how intelligent FL is when we were rumoured to be appointing him. A Level in Latin!

He's obviously a bit more dim than everyone thinks if he can't see how he's inevitably going to fail at Chelsea. All this wringing of hands over a manager who took a team that finished 6th and got them to 6th. Now that's setting the bar low.

Disagree, you have to be confident in your ability, maybe a little arrogance to be a footballer, you don’t make it to the top doubting if you’re good enough, questioning your ability.

Same way as we see young players move from first team football in the Championship to the Chelsea academy, history says your chances of breaking into the first team are slim, but they still make the move. Some could possibly be for the money, but I’m sure they will also believe they will make it.

I wrote last night it has disaster written all over it, but it’s not inevitable, I wouldn’t start putting serious money down he will fail or be sacked in a year. Many didn’t expect him to do much at Derby in his first year, but he took us to Wembley. At Chelsea he will have players at his disposal that will be closer to the level he was as a player, might be easier working with these players, then again Chelsea is known to be a difficult dressing room if they don’t take to you.

He has a chance and I don’t think he’s dim for believing he’s the right man for the job. 

10 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Its not inevitable he is going to fail at Chelsea but Derby fans shouldn't be worried about whether he does or doesn't  (another manager who has just moved on). More interesting is who Mel brings in and how Derby do next season

3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Maybe he already has it? Maybe they're already got all that ironed out. Pretty sure sports and entertainment personalities have a special dispensation with visa's and working on them. I wouldn't be worrying about the new manager not getting let into the country!

Unless it's Joey Barton!!

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

A few overreactions on here this morning ?

Depends I suppose on the kind of person you respect or how much you demand respect. 

If he wants 100% off his players then he should be putting 100% in. 

He should be at work. You lead by example in life. 

This baalocks about it just being fitness is irrelevant. It's the first day back at work where everyone puts in the graft for the coming season. Even if today was just a weigh in, he should be there. 

23 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Is he so daft though, £5m per year 3 year deal. 

Sacked by end of the season and in receipt of the remaining £10m for FREEEEEEEEEEEE ???

Hes on a no lose punt with this Chelsea job, he gets paid off if he fails (because of transfer embargo) or is awarded an all new improved contract if he gets a tune out of the young uns. 

He is then lauded by all and sundry until Abramovich inevitably gets an itchy trigger finger and pays him off on a potentially higher longer term deal. 

Cha Ching?????????

17 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Its not inevitable he is going to fail at Chelsea but Derby fans shouldn't be worried about whether he does or doesn't  (another manager who has just moved on). More interesting is who Mel brings in and how Derby do next season

........ and how long the next manager lasts ?

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Is he so daft though, £5m per year 3 year deal. 

Sacked by end of the season and in receipt of the remaining £10m for FREEEEEEEEEEEE ???

Hes on a no lose punt with this Chelsea job, he gets paid off if he fails (because of transfer embargo) or is awarded an all new improved contract if he gets a tune out of the young uns. 

He is then lauded by all and sundry until Abramovich inevitably gets an itchy trigger finger and pays him off on a potentially higher longer term deal. 

Cha Ching?????????

Financially, you're probably right - a no lose situation. However, I suspect he cares about his reputation as a successful manager (especially at his beloved Chelsea) and wouldn't want a major failing/early dismissal on his CV even if he could point to the so called transfer embargo in mitigation.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

...if I was Frank I would think I owed it to her to see the job through, he is a hero to that little girl....but No...

Sorry, I know emotions are running high, we are all frustrated and most of us are sad and disappointed, but this is going way too far.

I actually still believe Frank is a decent, respectful man but, either way, this comment should not be levelled at anyone.

Frank is the past.

Let’s announce King Phillip already.

’We’ve got Cocu. Phillip Cocu.

The best coach in the Netherlands.

Lampard is a Blue.

Jody jumped ship too. 

Who cares?

We’ve got Phillip Cocu.’

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Depends I suppose on the kind of person you respect or how much you demand respect. 

If he wants 100% off his players then he should be putting 100% in. 

He should be at work. You lead by example in life. 

This baalocks about it just being fitness is irrelevant. It's the first day back at work where everyone puts in the graft for the coming season. Even if today was just a weigh in, he should be there. 

I 100% agree with you. Unless we’ve been assured the contracts will be signed within the next two days (like the club have suggested), he should be here 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Financially, you're probably right - a no lose situation. However, I suspect he cares about his reputation as a successful manager (especially at his beloved Chelsea) and wouldn't want a major failing/early dismissal on his CV even if he could point to the so called transfer embargo in mitigation.

Plenty of managers have got a blot on their CVs from major clubs, and quite a few from Chelsea as well.

This isn’t really a major gamble for him, limited expectations on him, under a transfer embargo, in fact I probably say if he stayed he would have harder targets to meet in the short term.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Frank is the past.

Let’s announce King Phillip already.

’We’ve got Cocu. Phillip Cocu.

The best coach in the Netherlands.

Lampard is a Blue.

Jody jumped ship too. 

Who cares?

We’ve got Phillip Cocu.’

Gary Barlow is it you ?

Archived