Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well it definitely appears that what I was told about Moore is not true.

I wasn't gonna share as I wasn't 100% confident in the source. But did anyway.

My apologies.

Unfriend him! He’s trashed your #itk reputation on here.

Or she, of course. ?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know you can't pick anyone 1 fan out, but I think of little Audrina...if I was Frank I would think I owed it to her to see the job through, he is a hero to that little girl....but No, it's all about him, he doesn't care about Derby or it's fans.

Sorry, but what?

Are you seriously suggesting Frank should turn round and say to Chelsea where he spent 13 years at, lives round the corner, their record goalscorer, competing in the Champions League no, I’m staying at Derby because of Audrina?

He owes her nothing and should not be making a career decision over any one fan. 

Of course this is about him, same way when we sign and sell players it’s what is right for us. If Frank believes this is the right move for him and his family he should take it. This isn’t about us, any of us. This is a career decision. 

12 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

Has this been edited to add Frank, his mrs and the Chelsea badge or is it a genuine photo?

Clearly that's a fake. I read earlier in the thread that he was using a Marina for his move and that's obviously an Avenger.

1 minute ago, David said:

Sorry, but what?

Are you seriously suggesting Frank should turn round and say to Chelsea where he spent 13 years at, lives round the corner, their record goalscorer, competing in the Champions League should so no, I’m staying at Derby because of Audrina?

He owes her nothing and should not be making a career decision over any one fan. 

Of course this is about him, same way when we sign and sell players it’s what is right for us. If Frank believes this is the right move for him and his family he should take it. This isn’t about us, any of us. This is a career decision. 

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Probably just means I'm a better person.

2 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

I've not heard Frank talk publicly about his employment so he certainly hasn't broken the implied terms of trust and confidence.

Frank returned from his holiday and then we announced we had given Chelsea permission for him to talk to Chelsea 

Today, we announce on national radio we are stepping up a replacement for Frank 

I'm not sticking up for Lampard, far from it.  I am observing a very difficult situation and going public is not ideal at all.  At its not ideal it's got to this stage 

Just because he hasn't spoken publicly doesn't mean he hasn't broken the implied terms of trust and confidence. We will never be privy to what has been said between Mel and Frank. Mel announcing he had given Frank permission to talk to Chelsea actually strengthens Mel in this matter. Mel is quite within his rights to bring it into the public demain that he has given permission.. There very well have been an agreement that Frank would be gone before preseason training so we could get a replacement manager in place

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Probably just means I'm a better person.

I wouldn’t say it makes you a better person. I’m sure your family would question your decision if you chose to turn down a promotion because of one customer you touched their heart with incredible service.

If you didn’t feel ready for the promotion, prefer to gain more experience where you was, that would be more understandable. 

It’s not any different because this is football. He is an employee of Derby County, this is/was his job. 

If Derby County offered me the job, I'd drop all my work and made sure my pen was ready for the contract signing. Frank's entitled to do the same with the Chelsea job. It's his club, he should go with our fans best wishes. If it was any other team then fans are entitled to be angry but it's Chelsea, Frank is the biggest legend in their 20 year history. Good luck to him.  

22 minutes ago, Igorlegend11 said:

I'm not so sure. Awkward position to be placed in.  However, this is a negotiation between us and Chelsea.   

Best negotiators present their hand/position and stay quiet and listen to response.

We've been going to media, on radio, releasing statements.  Chelsea as far as I am aware have said nothing publicly. 

This is getting messy and in employment law it's a brave call to ask employees to stay away from work ( especially as fans are concluding it's best Frank does nt affect the players whom he manages adversely ) 

It's close to being a frustration of contract, and could be argued the contract has ended due to the implied term of trust and confidence being absent.   

It's not normal to go on national radio and talk about your manager in such as way as Mel has today.   

We are now saying we are accelerating our moves to get a new manager. 

We should be

We should certainly not be announcing such a thing on national radio if we think we are going to get maximum compensation from Chelsea.   

London business etiquette is totally different.   They won't want to b paying millions for Frank and his backroom team unless they really have to 

Its a negotiation between Frank and Chelsea. They have to pay the compensation for Frank as long as he is still employed with us - its not a choice. The only way they get round that is uf we sack him. The only things we'd have to negotiate is compensation for anyone else who wants to jump ship if they dont have compensation clauses in their contracts, which i dont believe Jody and co do. To me it sounds like the hold up is between Frank and Chelsea and not Derby and Chelsea.

And i think you will find every single business in the entire world will not want to spend millions if they dont have to.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Its a negotiation between Frank and Chelsea. They have to pay the compensation for Frank as long as he is still employed with us - its not a choice. The only way they get round that is uf we sack him. The only things we'd have to negotiate is compensation for anyone else who wants to jump ship if they dont have compensation clauses in their contracts, which i dont believe Jody and co do. To me it sounds like the hold up is between Frank and Chelsea and not Derby and Chelsea.

And i think you will find every single business in the entire world will not want to spend millions if they dont have to.

I'm sure we could agree to accept a lower figure - just why would we, especially as we're dealing with one of thd premier league moneybags clubs.

24 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Its not the same . The difference with Will was that Rowett had already told him he wasn't his type of player and that he had no future at Derby.

It is exactly the same this is hardly any different to any transfer situation both had choices I do not blame Will for leaving but he could have stayed if he desired to do so.

In my fifty plus years of watching Derby and football on general hundreds of managers and players have come and gone at all clubs and supporters still spout the same nonsense.

46 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Watching some of the things said on here makes you smile.....all this  about committment,having Derby in his heart nonsense.He is a employee of the club the same has the players unless you are a borne and bred Derby fan you will have non of the above.

You could apply the same statements to Will Hughes he could have turned move to Watford but he didn't because he saw it has career progression.

who would have thought a few years ago that a move ta watford was a career progression.

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

imagine that this is strictly not true because they have not entered into a contact with DCFC.  Frank has to pay £4m to exit his contract and he is asking Chelsea to pay it on his behalf.  Nothing to stop him buying his contract out now this minute

Morally FL has messed his own reputation up with DCFC supporters and some of the general public.

By going on holiday and putting the current position between parties on hold he has created this awkward situation which I think Mel is dealing with well.

Day by day, hour by hour his position is becoming untenable at the club. We should hold out for the full compensation (I wonder if his staff have exit compensation clauses?) for every individual who is going.

Also, don’t for one minute think this doesn’t affect pre-season. At every drinks break, lunch break, gym session, what do you think the players are discussing. Without a manager in place there will be a large number of them not putting 100% in and a lot of me doesn’t blame them...

43 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lampard has completely handled this situation terribly, he has a PR team who will have told him to keep quiet, but I honestly believe Frank is tarnishing his squeeky clean reputation.

He has completey disregarded the thousands upon thousands of Derby fans who have taken him in, made him one of their own, I know you can't pick anyone 1 fan out, but I think of little Audrina...if I was Frank I would think I owed it to her to see the job through, he is a hero to that little girl....but No, it's all about him, he doesn't care about Derby or it's fans.

But, I think he is about to become unstuck, let's be honest his tactics aren't great, the handling of Marriott suggests he struggles with egos, he struggles to find a settled 11...it won't be long before he is sacked and his reputation in tatters.

I will be hoping he fails that is for sure!

Sweet Lord this is getting embarrassing now. I hope Frank isn't reading the forum today. In fact I hope nobody is. 

Can't believe what I'm reading.

Well I'm happy with everyone's conduct.

Totally understand the different pulls from various locations and the dilemas decent people face.

If Frank goes, good luck mate, it was an enjoyable season with some good memories. - its going to make little or no difference if its today or next week.

If he stays then .. I understood his dream and the myriad reasons why he would have wanted to go to Chelsea.

Can't understand this unstable excessive love hate switcheroo stuff that some folk seem to relish .. not me, its about the football on the pitch on a given day. .

Not interested in gossip, scandal, reality TV, east enders over played shock horror emotional outpouring garbage 

Frank is a sound bloke - at Chelsea or Derby .. he is still a sound bloke. 

I don't often comment on here but feel I have a slightly different view on this. I am not sure Frank is 100% hell bent on going to Chelsea, they want him though so need to make sure all the stars align to get him in. By taking their time they have created a divide between us(Rams Fans) and Frank, making his post here untenable. He was perhaps happy to talk to them whilst away on leave but could well have been held back by Chelsea not  wanting to talk to him until he was back(creating our discord).Also forcing his hand in not being able to discuss his position with the press as his position is not clear. He would be mad not to hear them out  but has now been forced down a route where he is not in as much control as he would have liked to have been.

I hope that all makes sense. Personally I think Chelsea's approach to this whole affair has been bereft of fairness to DCFC, and perhaps Frank Lampard.

I hope he doesn't read this forum, the way some opinions are given would make anybody wonder why they would want to be involved with us. There has been very little factual comment from either side on this matter and yet we are telling him to duck off.

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Sweet Lord this is getting embarrassing now. I hope Frank isn't reading the forum today. In fact I hope nobody is. 

People appear to have hit the point where sheer frustration has overshadowed all forms of common sense.

Be calling for a public lynching some people soon!!  ?

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Well that's life, everybody has their own opinions and allowed to express them, tell me, why do you hope Frank is not reading them.A lot on here will be hoping that Frank is reading them. IMO as things are at present Frank is seems is in an untenable position of his own making. 

Archived