Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, jono said:

I really do see your point but I don’t think the fan base has turned on Frank. And there is also the small question of compensation. Add in that there had to have been a tacit and mutual understanding that Frank and Chelsea were or are always going to have a love in at some point 

I think till today he had got away with it .   Now he's done .  The funniest bit is for what exactly - based on Cech yesterday despite all the clamour there not exactly rolling out the red carpet .  He had a decent job here.  I wouldn't have minded if this had been quick and easy as it should have been .  We've been played for total mugs for a month . Don't worry,he'll be there bouncing in front of the Chelsea fans for the first 5 games, till things start to unravel with no regard for this club  in any way shape or form.  I don't blame Morris , like others have posted there is a lot of money in compensation .   However, in my opinion his goodwill must be stretched to the max .   If Lampard roles up at Chelsea as expected I hope for nothing but total failure.  As for him staying here rather wash my arse with deep heat , I wouldn't be surprised if a number of senior and young players he fed his ******** vision too feel the same more to the point.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

"A lot of our fans have already turned on him"? Have you taken a poll of our 20000 season ticket holders or is your statement purely based on social media posts? It only takes a dozen people to say something negative to make it look like a lot of people but, in reality, such a number is a tiny minority that may or may not be a fair representation of the total fan base. 

Oh yes, because you can't say anything without having a poll of all season ticket holders, give your head a wobble mate. Obviously I'm going off social media, but if we did start the season with Lampard, the feel good factor would be gone and as soon as we lost a few games he'd be getting pelters. Thanks for the patronising lecture though.

17 minutes ago, Srg said:

Where have you plucked that from?

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I thought Frank was on 2.5m a year? Either way, I'd rather we paid the money than be stuck with someone who hasn't planned anything for us or wants to be here. We shouldn't just be Frank ducking Lampard's backup plan in case Chelsea doesn't work for him.

That was the accepted figure last week that Chelsea have to pay.  Frank 4m. Jody 2m. And 1m for the rest.

If sack them, we have to pay up those contracts.  Instead of 7m incoming, that's 7m outgoing.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If he doesn't go would we be able to trust him again in having Derby at heart, would we believe anything he said. NO 

Well, we could believe him and carry on as before, but it would take a modicum of subtlety of thought, emotional continence and general adulthood. Hmm.

Mel on TalkSport this morning:

"Frank and I discussed this eventuality. Frank and Chelsea need to have the time now to finalise the transaction between them. In fairness, Frank was away on vacation and didn't come back until Friday - that was a big factor."

On the manager front: "We're very keen to get something sorted out in time for the trip to America."

Mel also said he's assuming it's just a "matter of time" now.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Frank and I discussed this eventuality. Frank and Chelsea need to have the time now to finalise the transaction between them. In fairness, Frank was away on vacation and didn't come back until Friday - that was a big factor."

On the manager front: "We're very keen to get something sorted out in time for the trip to America."

Once again, thanks for transcribing. 

15 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Start with someone fresh who wants to be here 

All managers want to be at their clubs i'd have thought. Lets get real here It's Chelsea, one of the biggest jobs in the country. It doesn't matter if it's Lampard or if it was Rowett or even if we had Nigel in charge, ALL managers at their respective clubs outside the top 6 in the prem would want to talk and have the opportunity to manage a club like Chelsea.

I think a lot of folks on here are starting to act like a jilted lover, getting all angry and worked up. Things like this happen to clubs like us, same with players, they do well and the big clubs come knocking and they move on.

We need to be a settled prem side to stand any chance of keeping our better players and managers that do well.

That's just the way it is at the moment.

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, do you fancy paying for our summer signings?

Why should that cost us good will? We've been completely professional around it, but I don't think you should keep a manager who doesn't want to be here. 

No - But any cost of the club paying off Lampard's contract would have to come out of the cost of fees/wages for signings - And if he chooses to turn down Chelsea and stay at Derby I'd rather have a new player than sack the manager

I honestly don't understand why you'd sack Lampard if he chose to stay - It would mean he'd taken a rational look at Chelsea's offer and said "Nah, I'll be better off at Derby thanks" - You'd want to sack someone who decided to turn down the Europa League winners to stay with us?

That's like (add in name of attractive male celebrity here) propositioning your missus - She's considered it but after he's talked to her about what it would involve she decides she's better off staying with you - So you dump her for choosing to stay with you

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Matter of time regarding FL leaving or matter of time regarding a new manager?

Just now, cheron85 said:

No - But any cost of the club paying off Lampard's contract would have to come out of the cost of fees/wages for signings - And if he chooses to turn down Chelsea and stay at Derby I'd rather have a new player than sack the manager

I honestly don't understand why you'd sack Lampard if he chose to stay - It would mean he'd taken a rational look at Chelsea's offer and said "Nah, I'll be better off at Derby thanks" - You'd want to sack someone who decided to turn down the Europa League winners to stay with us?

That's like (add in name of attractive male celebrity here) propositioning your missus - She's considered it but after he's talked to her about what it would involve she decides she's better off staying with you - So you dump her for choosing to stay with you

And what if it's Chelsea that rejects Frank for another candidate? It's like your missus packing up and being ready to leave with said attractive male celebrity, who doesn't bother actually bring her along. So you dump her for wanting to leave you. 

It's small time that we'd keep a semi decent manager who doesn't even wanna be with us. Spurs sacked Harry Redknapp for talking to England, and he was the first manager who took them to the Champions League.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Simon Jordan absolutely going in on Lampard and Chelsea in defence of us and Mel!

Interesting eh? Part of me wonders if Simon is just saying the stuff that Mel doesn't want to (for diplomatic reasons). He (SJ) is absolutely spot on in all his criticisms of the "big six"

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Oh yes, because you can't say anything without having a poll of all season ticket holders, give your head a wobble mate. Obviously I'm going off social media, but if we did start the season with Lampard, the feel good factor would be gone and as soon as we lost a few games he'd be getting pelters. Thanks for the patronising lecture though.

And social media is a good barometer of how the masses feel? Have you ever heard of the silent majority? I'm not sure you can assume something is a fact simply because you've seen some social media comments. 

Just given my head a wobble as suggested and all seems to be OK. 

If Frank stays then, in my opinion, whether he has lost the fans or not would depend on what sort of statement he puts out so, I'm not going to pre-judge. Besides which, I don't think he will be staying anyway. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

And social media is a good barometer of how the masses feel? Have you ever heard of the silent majority? I'm not sure you can assume something is a fact simply because you've seen some social media comments. 

Just given my head a wobble as suggested and all seems to be OK. 

If Frank stays then, in my opinion, whether he has lost the fans or not would depend on what sort of statement he puts out so, I'm not going to pre-judge. Besides which, I don't think he will be staying anyway. 

The thing is, with a silent majority, nobody can speak for them because of, you know, the silent part? What other barometer am I supposed to use to gage fan opinion? Because I don't really have time to email 20,000 season ticket holders. 

Archived