Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

But that would cost us 7m compo. Ain't gonna happen. 

I thought Frank was on 2.5m a year? Either way, I'd rather we paid the money than be stuck with someone who hasn't planned anything for us or wants to be here. We shouldn't just be Frank ducking Lampard's backup plan in case Chelsea doesn't work for him.

17 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

I'v been to the states a few times and if you've not got the right paper work, visa waiver etc you don't get in. so any new manager if there is one will need all that.

Only need an ESTA, takes no time at all. I've worked in the States probably close to 100 times and one one occasion before I had a B1/B2 visa I applied for my ESTA renewal the week of a trip over there.

Usual interview situation initial interview then if you are successful you get invited back for another, then you are kept waiting around not knowing if you have the job or not and cannot take on a new project at work till you hear the decision.

Haven't really been bothered whether Frank went or stayed, didn't really do anything last year and fans would have been calling for him to be sacked if it was any other manager with the team selection/tactics played at times but now we have reported back for training and excused returning for a couple of days it now shows Franks complete disregard to Derby as a club he is still manager of.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

It would cost too much to sack Lampard, but he could be relieved of his duties and put on 'gardening leave'. 

It would mean that Mel would be effectively paying two managers, so maybe DazWaz in the hot seat for a while. 

For the sake of the club that is the better option at this time

28 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And neither are you. The damage is done now, Frank won't be able to come back from this, a lot of our fans have already turned on him, he's gotta go one way or another. 

"A lot of our fans have already turned on him"? Have you taken a poll of our 20000 season ticket holders or is your statement purely based on social media posts? It only takes a dozen people to say something negative to make it look like a lot of people but, in reality, such a number is a tiny minority that may or may not be a fair representation of the total fan base. 

Archived