Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

No - But any cost of the club paying off Lampard's contract would have to come out of the cost of fees/wages for signings - And if he chooses to turn down Chelsea and stay at Derby I'd rather have a new player than sack the manager

I honestly don't understand why you'd sack Lampard if he chose to stay - It would mean he'd taken a rational look at Chelsea's offer and said "Nah, I'll be better off at Derby thanks" - You'd want to sack someone who decided to turn down the Europa League winners to stay with us?

That's like (add in name of attractive male celebrity here) propositioning your missus - She's considered it but after he's talked to her about what it would involve she decides she's better off staying with you - So you dump her for choosing to stay with you

Yes.  I think most people would to be honest.  It's irrelevant anyway- he's done .  No point having a new player if the old one's have shut down . 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

What did he say? 

In short, he hammered Chelsea as arrogant (because they know they can get Frank at the drop of a hat so they're just taking their time) and slaughtered Frank for choosing to stay out on holiday until Friday rather than coming back to get his career sorted.

Also emphasised again and again the fact that we are the only club affected by this and that we should be being shown more respect.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The thing is, with a silent majority, nobody can speak for them because of, you know, the silent part? What other barometer am I supposed to use to gage fan opinion? Because I don't really have time to email 20,000 season ticket holders. 

I think this forum is a good barometer and from what I can see, this time last week it was split 50/50 for Frank to stay or leave.

As it stands I would say 75% want him to leave and a big majority of that number detest the way this has been handled by both CFC and Lampard.

IMO, Chelsea are holding the cards and they are dictating what's happening right now. are they thinking about Derby starting our pre-season without a manager at the helm? Are they duck, they are only thinking about when their pre-season starts.

Lampard is as much to blame if this has been held up from him 'being on holiday'. He came back Friday??? He shouldn't have gone on holiday if the situation was going to come to this.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And social media is a good barometer of how the masses feel? Have you ever heard of the silent majority? I'm not sure you can assume something is a fact simply because you've seen some social media comments. 

Just given my head a wobble as suggested and all seems to be OK. 

If Frank stays then, in my opinion, whether he has lost the fans or not would depend on what sort of statement he puts out so, I'm not going to pre-judge. Besides which, I don't think he will be staying anyway. 

I do have a small barometer.  Myself , family and friends.  That's around 90 people . All want him gone regardless.  One who has followed the club since the  60's reckons Lampards treating us as bad as Maxwell when he wanted to invest in Spurs .  That's some glowing endorsement. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And what if it's Chelsea that rejects Frank for another candidate? It's like your missus packing up and being ready to leave with said attractive male celebrity, who doesn't bother actually bring her along. So you dump her for wanting to leave you. 

It's small time that we'd keep a semi decent manager who doesn't even wanna be with us. Spurs sacked Harry Redknapp for talking to England, and he was the first manager who took them to the Champions League.

He's the only person they're talking to at the moment - Or are you ITK that they're talking to other people?

Facts we know: We gave Chelsea permission to talk to Lampard - He's in talks with them - He's been granted leave from work to continue talks with them

We can assume from that information Chelsea have made Lampard an offer - Now he just needs to decide whether that offer is better/worse than staying at Derby

My guess is they set out expectations which he thinks are unrealistic and he's negotiating over that based on the lack of transfer opportunity etc etc - But at some point he's got to decide if the Chelsea offer is better than staying at Derby

Remember when Billy Davies complained that due to the play off final, we only had 10 weeks to sort out transfers and it would put us at a competitive disadvantage? 

Well currently we have just 5 weeks and the clock is ticking 

Cheers Chelsea & Frank 

43 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I thought Frank was on 2.5m a year? Either way, I'd rather we paid the money than be stuck with someone who hasn't planned anything for us or wants to be here. We shouldn't just be Frank ducking Lampard's backup plan in case Chelsea doesn't work for him.

He's only on £2.5 mill per year if he signs the new contract we offered him.

From the Chelsea side they either JDGAF or worse hope the delay might makes drop our compensation expectations. They basically have the power in this situation and they know it.

All we can do is carry on, probably stick to our guns on the money because Chelsea aren't short a Bob or two and have a new manager lined up.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

From the Chelsea side they either JDGAF or worse hope the delay might makes drop our compensation expectations. They basically have the power in this situation and they know it.

All we can do is carry on, probably stick to our guns on the money because Chelsea aren't short a Bob or two and have a new manager lined up.

Erm, they need to prepare for the season too.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I do have a small barometer.  Myself , family and friends.  That's around 90 people . All want him gone regardless.  One who has followed the club since the  60's reckons Lampards treating us as bad as Maxwell when he wanted to invest in Spurs .  That's some glowing endorsement. 

With all due respect, I suspect there's a large element of confirmation basis here - I'm struggling to believe that each of your 90 friends and family want him gone 'regardless'. That said, reading threads here and elsewhere, I suspect that the majority of fans have lost a least a little support for Lamps. We are demonstrating very well that football fans are a binary bunch, our managers and players go from heroes to villains overnight....

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

In short, he hammered Chelsea as arrogant (because they know they can get Frank at the drop of a hat so they're just taking their time) and slaughtered Frank for choosing to stay out on holiday until Friday rather than coming back to get his career sorted.

Also emphasised again and again the fact that we are the only club affected by this and that we should be being shown more respect.

Also said that Lampard and Morris would be looking to take the best academy players with them having had access to them for a year  .  Fair point . 

Just now, Andrew3000 said:

Erm, they need to prepare for the season too.

They can't buy any players though. There season and pre season starts a week later than ours, so they have a bit of extra time. They have more time to play with than we do.

1 minute ago, ShoreRam said:

With all due respect, I suspect there's a large element of confirmation basis here - I'm struggling to believe that each of your 90 friends and family want him gone 'regardless'. That said, reading threads here and elsewhere, I suspect that the majority of fans have lost a least a little support for Lamps. We are demonstrating very well that football fans are a binary bunch, our managers and players go from heroes to villains overnight....

Always have been, always will be

1 minute ago, ShoreRam said:

Believe what you like.  I know nobody who want's him here .  Drogba and Christine saw to that . 

Archived