Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

40 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

That was the accepted figure last week that Chelsea have to pay.  Frank 4m. Jody 2m. And 1m for the rest.

If sack them, we have to pay up those contracts.  Instead of 7m incoming, that's 7m outgoing.

Those figures are slightly off.

And another club paying that, doesn't equate to that's what sacking them would cost anyway.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.  Disappointed in FL and JM not turning up, but suppose there is little point if you have effectively gone.  

I guess we now just take the money, play on the (hopefully) still good relationship between the two clubs for loans (and hope when the ban is lifted FL buys Mason for £15m) and make the best of a bad job.

To me, this just seems like the wrong timing for all parties involved and that everyone would benefit from FL having more time here.  Nevertheless in his position I’m sure most of us would do the same thing.  

I don’t personally subscribe to the sudden animosity toward FL & co.  I’d still be happy for him to stick around.  

Onwards and upwards.

18 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Erm, they need to prepare for the season too.

But they’re under a transfer embargo so it doesn’t affect them anything like as much. And their season kicks off later.  And IMO Frank must have been talking to them for quite some so is probably well underway with his preparations.

Enough is enough as far as I'm concerned. Mel should be telling Chelsea that if this is not sorted out by tomorrow we are withdrawing permission for Chelsea to continue to speak to Lampard. We are being royally mugged off here - regardless of what the first two days of pre season training consist of Lampard should be at Moor Farm, not poncing around in London.

Personally I'm done with him; I'm sick of the ducking media circus surrounding him and of the way he is being held up as some sort of saviour of our club. He took us from 6th place to 6th place. - he is not the Messiah.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Knew he was going a while ago (not ITK, just read the tea leaves) but now we're back for preseason and he's begged a note to stay off I'm annoyed.

That’s the thing that’s really got my goat, he’s had all last week to discuss and either accept or reject the approach. Now to have 2 more days to get it done, 2 days less for us to get a suitable replacement and such a large amount of players required to this squad somewhere near ready to compete. 

Leaves a sour taste, poor form by all involved ??

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I do have a small barometer.  Myself , family and friends.  That's around 90 people . All want him gone regardless.  One who has followed the club since the  60's reckons Lampards treating us as bad as Maxwell when he wanted to invest in Spurs .  That's some glowing endorsement. 

If you've asked 90 people and they ALL want him gone (i.e. None are still on the fence, none want to see what he would have to say) then that is pretty overwhelming in your circle.

As I said, for me, it would all depend on what sort of statement he would put out. My personal view now is that (depending on who replaces him), sadly I'd rather he went. However, if he stays and puts out a suitably worded statement I'd be happy for him to stay. Unless he doesn't say anything or, what he says isn't good, I wouldn't be looking to sack him.

Well his time here is finished regardless. I feel like we're the only ones coming out of this with any form of respect here. Chelsea have been silent, as has Lampard. We don't know exactly what he's been told, or how much blame can be placed on him, so I don't want to directly accuse him of whatever.

But from the outside it does appear as if he's been talking to Chelsea and knew he was going back. Why else would all his pundit mates be talking about him as if he already was the Chelsea boss? He's stayed on holiday, and now needs to be excused from his current job so he can go and sort out terms for his dream job because that couldn't be done until he'd finished his holiday.

It does leave a bit of a sour taste, and the bond he's built with the fans and the club is probably ruined now, so staying isn't really an option even if the Chelsea job did fall through. Take the compensation and get Cocu in then let's move forward and forget all about Frank Lampard.

I know it’s been said somewhere but at least Rowett the snake had the job done ASAP. He didn’t leave us hanging round, he confirmed interest in the job and fooked off leaving us enough time to get our business done. 

Will FL get the same response GR got if and when our paths next cross ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If you've asked 90 people and they ALL want him gone (i.e. None are still on the fence, none want to see what he would have to say) then that is pretty overwhelming in your circle.

As I said, for me, it would all depend on what sort of statement he would put out. My personal view now is that (depending on who replaces him), sadly I'd rather he went. However, if he stays and puts out a suitably worded statement I'd be happy for him to stay. Unless he doesn't say anything or, what he says isn't good, I wouldn't be looking to sack him.

The thing is though Tamworthram, he also owns a PR company so if he we're to stay, what is said would be believable, whether true or not. 

For me, not turning up to work on the first day says everything, there are no words that can get you out of that one. He's already turned his back on Derby. Even if it's Mel's idea to stop them coming in, it should never have got to this point. 

It's a real shame, all the effort Lampard went to in the media to be a generally likeable guy/manager is being undone. I don't nessecerily believe that Lamps to holding up over the money being offered etc, but it's coming across that way in the media. 

Best we can hope for is Lampard is sympathetic to us for the holdup he/Chelsea are causing and we get some loans for the season. 

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

The thing is though Tamworthram, he also owns a PR company so if he we're to stay, what is said would be believable, whether true or not. 

For me, not turning up to work on the first day says everything, there are no words that can get you out of that one. He's already turned his back on Derby. Even if it's Mel's idea to stop them coming in, it should never have got to this point. 

I think you're beginning to convince me. Let's hope it doesn't come to it.

Frank goes (quickly) and we get our compensation. 

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I hope it is Mels idea to excuse (ban) him from coming in, Derby need to concentrate on fitness/training not getting side tracked by having Frank in attendance 

Archived