Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If the DET is correct, they should all be back today, so can somebody do the forum a favour and set up camp opposite the entrance to Moor Farm to see if anybody comes or goes.  Thanks in advance.

watching zac efron GIF by Baywatch Movie

Jody was tweeting last night that he is still on holiday..

9 hours ago, falconram said:

This is getting messy if you take the rumours at face value.

Chelsea want Frank, Derby give permission, Frank wants it but wants his back room staff,Chelsea don't want to pay for back room staff as the have X amount.

Frank won't go without his staff, dcfc get paid more if they go, Chelsea have to payoff staff as Frank doesn't want them, Frank says no I'm staying put as Chelsea won't get rid and pay off staff for new staff, fans at Chelsea then turn on there club as the mesia they want won't come, Frank and co stay at Derby but..

I think DCFC have played a blinder in allowing Chelsea to speak with Frank, did they Chelsea ask for permission or did DCFC say enough is enough if you want to talk to him get on with it but this is what we want.

I think Frank has given himself no option but to go knowing that his staff he wants may be left behind but has been backed into a corner.

Mel's doing the right thing. Why pander to Chelsea and give them Morris, Jones, and Given. Let's face it without his backroom staff Frank is well and truly lost. Mel is standing up for the club. If Chelsea want Lampard's backroom staff then they should cough up the cash. 

24 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If the DET is correct, they should all be back today, so can somebody do the forum a favour and set up camp opposite the entrance to Moor Farm to see if anybody comes or goes.  Thanks in advance.

Management staff were due back today. Players back on Monday. 

Its not very relaxing this situation knowing everyone around us appears to be doing business while we sit around waiting for something to happen. 

Just going to stop looking now until something official appears on my news feed.  Pass me another beer!

19 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Mel's doing the right thing. Why pander to Chelsea and give them Morris, Jones, and Given. Let's face it without his backroom staff Frank is well and truly lost. Mel is standing up for the club. If Chelsea want Lampard's backroom staff then they should cough up the cash. 

You don't actually know that Frank is well and truly lost without his back room staff. If they didn't go (I'm sure Jody will by the way), he wouldn't be flying solo and, who knows, a new support team might be better. 

Have no idea how the Derby Telegraph are reporting that we are making progress on a couple of permanent signings. 

How can we be? These would have been players discussed with Lampard. 

What's to say the new manager likes those players? And we end up with an Anya situation all over again.

Unless the prospective new manager has already given these 2 potential signings the OK. 

In which case I'm starting to fear more and more that he's going to give it to Darren Wassall. 

30 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

This is probably the nearest we’ve been to a Taylor-Clough scenario at our club since possibly the Smith-Mac era. 

You are on the money with this one, without JM I believe FL would have crashed and burned. 

I believe they need each other equally, just like Clough needed Taylor and Taylor needed Clough. 

10 hours ago, falconram said:

This is getting messy if you take the rumours at face value.

Chelsea want Frank, Derby give permission, Frank wants it but wants his back room staff,Chelsea don't want to pay for back room staff as the have X amount.

Frank won't go without his staff, dcfc get paid more if they go, Chelsea have to payoff staff as Frank doesn't want them, Frank says no I'm staying put as Chelsea won't get rid and pay off staff for new staff, fans at Chelsea then turn on there club as the mesia they want won't come, Frank and co stay at Derby but..

I think DCFC have played a blinder in allowing Chelsea to speak with Frank, did they Chelsea ask for permission or did DCFC say enough is enough if you want to talk to him get on with it but this is what we want.

I think Frank has given himself no option but to go knowing that his staff he wants may be left behind but has been backed into a corner.

33 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Problem is, these are just rumours, and rumours with little to base themselves on. This is how fake news spreads, one person talks about some vague rumour, the next one replies as though it's fact and off you go!

I hope Frank turns Chelsea down but it's very unlikely..

We don't have good form when letting staff go elsewhere:

When McClaren was poached by Man Utd (to be Fergusons's #2 in 1999), he still had a few months left on his contract............. Derby allowed him to go without compensation, I think the board must have been "starstruck" at the time? I'd have made them pay the last penny due, it's not as if they were skint.

Despite McClaren's failure here as #1 (twice), we have never been as good since his time here as #2.

29 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Have no idea how the Derby Telegraph are reporting that we are making progress on a couple of permanent signings. 

How can we be? These would have been players discussed with Lampard. 

What's to say the new manager likes those players? And we end up with an Anya situation all over again.

Unless the prospective new manager has already given these 2 potential signings the OK. 

In which case I'm starting to fear more and more that he's going to give it to Darren Wassall. 

I think Frank would have sanctioned the deals and like Mel said on Wednesday the new manager has to play in the same way too often have new managers tried to change the style hence the Mish mash of players we have got.

Seems like we are looking at  a more continental type of structure.

28 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Despite McClaren's failure here as #1 (twice), we have never been as good since his time here as #2.

Mac 1 had the best win rate we've had in 70 years. Mac 2 has only been bettered by Sir Brian, the Poison Dwarf and Mac1 in the past 70 years.

15 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

I think Frank would have sanctioned the deals and like Mel said on Wednesday the new manager has to play in the same way too often have new managers tried to change the style hence the Mish mash of players we have got.

Seems like we are looking at  a more continental type of structure.

Mels eluded several times in interviews and in fans forums thats he has learnt his lesson with that.

We will never go for a Nigel person type figure, at least not for a long long time, same goes for Rowett when mel saw the fans were not happy.

its not even up for negotiation to change the playing style completely, and have to replace and bring in an entire new squad for a manager which might not be here 12 months anyway.

Archived