Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Just now, Simsy said:

I would be devastated if Mac 3 actually happened. No plan b and didn't get us up with a team good enough.

Could that not be said for every manager we've had of recent times? 

Clough: lose or win, always brought a defender (normally Buxton) on. Had no idea of any formation other than various versions of 442.

Mac 1/2: 433 seemed to be the only formation that worked with the players we had. If we were losing he'd just say f%(k it and throw extra strikers on. 

Wassall: didn't get enough games to really change much, the play offs showed he might have some tactical know-how at least. 

Pearson: Enough said, complete and utter failure. 

Rowett: did change the system when thinks were falling apart, stumbled us over the play off line but couldn't get it right or change it when it mattered. 

Clement: refused to set up anyway but his own, closest of the managers to actually achieving something though before he left. 

Lampard: some great plan b changes, and some awful ones too. Seemed to have no pattern to his tactics, you could argue this seasons team was better than the Mac 1 team and should have gone up. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The way Lampard set us out wasn't working, when Holmes was forced off with injury for Marriott was the most important change,  who knows if Lampard would have put Marriott on in time otherwise.

Will never know, but he did however have super jack on the bench amongst others and chose to bring him on in place of DH.

Rather than a straight swap and retaining the same formation, bring Jack on showed a certain level of “plan b” I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Will never know, but he did however have super jack on the bench amongst others and chose to bring him on in place of DH.

Rather than a straight swap and retaining the same formation, bring Jack on showed a certain level of “plan b” I guess. 

I think some people on the forum could have made that call though, we were 2-0 down an aggregate, of course he would bring a striker on. I don't think he deserves credit for what appears to be dumb luck.

For me, anyway Lampard & Morris have lost all credibility.  Whilst I didn't expect that of them, the fact that Chelsea and Abramovich are treating us like poo is to be expected.

Lampard's total silence speaks volumes for me.  I sure he has a PR agency pulling his strings who have told him to keep his mouth shut because they know the fallout from this would damage his squeaky clean image.

For everyone's sake I wish he would just leave now - I for one have had enough of this charade and I suspect most other people have too.  I certainly don't want him and his team here next season.

29 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I hear what ur saying but let’s face   The tie was running away from us ... heck we still hadn’t registered a shot in the tie he didn’t really have anything to lose 

i think anyone would have done something similar 

Not a criticism just saying 

7 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Lampard's total silence speaks volumes for me.  I sure he has a PR agency pulling his strings who have told him to keep his mouth shut because they know the fallout from this would damage his squeaky clean image.

Much rather he stay quiet than pop up in a video with "should I stay or should I go" playing away in the background. Lost a lot of respect for him after that. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Much rather he stay quiet than pop up in a video with "should I stay or should I go" playing away in the background. Lost a lot of respect for him after that. 

Just curious, why? It was clearly his mates stitching him up and it was his wife posting the video, just wondering how that equates to it being Lampard's fault

55 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I would be devastated if Mac 3 actually happened. No plan b and didn't get us up with a team good enough.

I'd be devastated if we got Klopp. No Plan B and didn't win the league with a team good enough

4 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Just curious, why? It was clearly his mates stitching him up and it was his wife posting the video, just wondering how that equates to it being Lampard's fault

People around him are smart enough to know that that was disrespectful to the club who have given him his first chance in management and are also paying his wages.

Wouldn't anywhere near the conversation of the Chelsea job right now if it wasn't for us (or more specifically, Mel), so perhaps he should show a little more respect.

Also, if he has as bigger IQ as people claim, I reckon he's smart enough to tell his wife not to post that. I think Frank understands the the weight of his actions, and the absence of them, just as he is doing now.

8 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I’ve just watched that video for the first time. If honest, he looks like he’s trying to join in and have the craic with the lads, but also looks a bit uncomfortable and awkward. It’s not like he’s sloshed out his face.

I’d really like to think this has been a tough one for Frank. I’ve loved how his high profile name has made us fashionable - as many have said how unfashionable we are as a club.

Whenever anything EFL it’s Frank. Whenever on Sky about the Championship, it’s Frank. Yes Frank before Derby County, but it’s made us all feel good about OUR club, not Franks’ club. I think this is why many of us maybe dread a boring or dull appointment this time.

8 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Don’t rule out Mac, Mel admits he likes sacking Mac. ???

I wonder how many chairmen have spent a full 15 minutes going "you're sacked.....no wait, i was joking, you're hired again...........no wait...I'm sacking you......ah, steve, dry your eyes, do you want to know your budget for the summer window....it's going to be substantial, and.......it's going to be in the hands of a better football manager who isn't you because you are fired, sacked, terminated."

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

People around him are smart enough to know that that was disrespectful to the club who have given him his first chance in management and are also paying his wages.

Wouldn't anywhere near the conversation of the Chelsea job right now if it wasn't for us (or more specifically, Mel), so perhaps he should show a little more respect.

Also, if he has as bigger IQ as people claim, I reckon he's smart enough to tell his wife not to post that. I think Frank understands the the weight of his actions, and the absence of them, just as he is doing now.

The whole point of messing with your friend is to do something that makes them uncomfortable, something that i thought Frank was in the video. When you're on a boozy holiday in the south of France, I don't think respect of a separate entity completely unrelated to you is the first thing that comes into your mind if your one of his mates when you're planning to mess with Frank. I know of things that would be considered disrespectful to an employer done on a holiday before and I'm sure you do too.

Also, I think assuming that Frank 'sanctioned' the posting of the video isn't correct imo. He may not have known that she posted the video. If thy're all sitting at a table chatting and Christine takes 2 minutes to post a video, it's perfectly plausible that he didn't find out until hours later, and by that time there's nothing you can do about it. He also doesn't control her, and she may not see much wrong with it. Situations are not as one dimensional as 'this happened, therefore this person is in the wrong'

Archived