Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

I believed Lampard and Chelsea had shook hands long before Sarri left for him to take over.  Which is why i said above i thought that by Thursday latest he'd be officially announced.  It also affects our pre season prep, albeit not re. transfers

When you say you believed, did you see official images from Chelsea with Lampard signing or did you log onto Twitter where you saw Talksport, Sky or the BBC saying within 48 hours??? 

Was you one of the Chelsea contingent that kept wetting themselves with the thought of Lampard being manager without really considering what the club are letting themselves in for??

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WHAT DO I GET said:

Hi Chap,

What is your view re: is he ready for the job at Chelsea.

At present there's a lot of emotion in it and the Chelsea supporters I have talked to up here are sceptical that this is the right time for him.

Obviously we want (need) the continuity, so we have a large vested interest in it.

Most view that he had a good season, but not spectacular.

Well personally i think it's partly down to the fact we need to appease some of the fans.  Sarri wasn't popular at all at the Bridge. It just felt a wrong fit, which is why i knew the Rafa Benitez rumours were BS.  Him coming back would have been carnage.

Frank coming back was always going to happen eventually, but as people say who would take our job with a transfer ban from the 'elite' group?

I think it is maybe a little too soon for Frank but then on the flip side, by gaining more experience it doesn't necessarily mean he will become a better manager. You could sack him in 6months, and by the time our job becomes vacant again he could be managing Plymouth.   I would love him to come back purely from an emotional viewpoint and i think he played some nice stuff with you.   And it'd be nice to see 3 or 4 academy guys make the grade here.  I am not entirely convinced he will wiin much though.   But for us fans, it's pure emotion.  If his name wasn't Frank Lampard, there is no way we'd be appointing a manager from Derby (no disrespect) or any other champ side.

5 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

When you say you believed, did you see official images from Chelsea with Lampard signing or did you log onto Twitter where you saw Talksport, Sky or the BBC saying within 48 hours??? 

Was you one of the Chelsea contingent that kept wetting themselves with the thought of Lampard being manager without really considering what the club are letting themselves in for??

Well no.  But there is an Italian journo Alfredo Pedulla who has close links to Sarri somehow.  Any news re. Sarri he breaks before anyone and is always on the money.  As far back as end of April or beginning of May he told us Sarri was off, and Juve were speaking to him, after the EL final he will tell the board etc etc and Lampard was taking over on 3 yr deal.

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

Well no.  But there is an Italian journo Alfredo Pedulla who has close links to Sarri somehow.  Any news re. Sarri he breaks before anyone and is always on the money.  As far back as end of April or beginning of May he told us Sarri was off, and Juve were speaking to him, after the EL final he will tell the board etc etc and Lampard was taking over on 3 yr deal.

Betwen Leeds and wembley frank lost focus 

5 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

Well personally i think it's partly down to the fact we need to appease some of the fans.  Sarri wasn't popular at all at the Bridge. It just felt a wrong fit, which is why i knew the Rafa Benitez rumours were BS.  Him coming back would have been carnage.

Frank coming back was always going to happen eventually, but as people say who would take our job with a transfer ban from the 'elite' group?

I think it is maybe a little too soon for Frank but then on the flip side, by gaining more experience it doesn't necessarily mean he will become a better manager. You could sack him in 6months, and by the time our job becomes vacant again he could be managing Plymouth.   I would love him to come back purely from an emotional viewpoint and i think he played some nice stuff with you.   And it'd be nice to see 3 or 4 academy guys make the grade here.  I am not entirely convinced he will wiin much though.   But for us fans, it's pure emotion.  If his name wasn't Frank Lampard, there is no way we'd be appointing a manager from Derby (no disrespect) or any other champ side.

Bielsa would do a good job at “The bridge” , he could even bring his own blue bucket to sit on.

I much prefer Stamford Bridge, proper name and should be used by all media luvvies and glory hunters.

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

Pretty much what I'd expect Chelsea fans to say tbh.

That's not a bad thing. Just aligns with our views.

Just one thing from your earlier posts...what makes you think Chelsea and Frank "shook hands" weeks ago?

Only asking because there was quite a bit of committing to Derby expressed after the play-off final before clearing off on holiday. Whilst we're quite prepared to accept a situation where Sarri left and the job vacancy generated a groundswell of support for Frank, if it came out that a deal was indeed "sorted" weeks ago then that would leave a bad taste, sad to say.

14 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

I can remember when there was a dog track around your pitch and you struggled to get 20k through the turnstiles.

How times change eh£?

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Pretty much what I'd expect Chelsea fans to say tbh.

That's not a bad thing. Just aligns with our views.

Just one thing from your earlier posts...what makes you think Chelsea and Frank "shook hands" weeks ago?

Only asking because there was quite a bit of committing to Derby expressed after the play-off final before clearing off on holiday. Whilst we're quite prepared to accept a situation where Sarri left and the job vacancy generated a groundswell of support for Frank, if it came out that a deal was indeed "sorted" weeks ago then that would leave a bad taste, sad to say.

Based on that Italian journo i mentioned Pedulla. Sounds ridiculous but he seemed to have a direct line to Sarri.  Nobody mentioned Lampard to chelsea before him.  Obviously they did mention it in hypothetical way, but he was the first to say "he is taking over, 3 yr deal"  Like i said he called everything related to Sarri spot on.  How he'd get the Lampard info i dont know, unless the agent working on behalf of Sarri was informed

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I can remember when there was a dog track around your pitch and you struggled to get 20k through the turnstiles.

How times change eh£?

yes and so can i, but what i said is not incorrect is it?  Do you genuinely think for example if Darren Moore had replicated Frank's season for you, we'd be trying to appoint him?  

13 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I'm being realistic mate. On Monday we have a month to do our transfer business. With Lampard we'd have a shortlist of targets ready. With a new gaffer in charge you may as well rip it up unless Mel opts for a yes man like Moore or Wassall.  

Transfer window closes on 8 august.

Plenty of players on the books to start the season. Great opportunity for the youngsters to stake a claim. And for the previously out of favour guys ( butterfield, martin, anya)  to have a fresh beginning and stop wasting all that money ( and, dare i say it, ability).  

Wouldn't  concern me if no new signings came in at all . May even be an advantage. We already have a good  squad of players, with several ready to step up and show what they can do. 

5 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

yes and so can i, but what i said is not incorrect is it?  Do you genuinely think for example if Darren Moore had replicated Frank's season for you, we'd be trying to appoint him?  

I dunno you did sign up a manager who had achieved no trophies prior to joining Chelsea just last year , then let him go.. so at this point anything is possible . Watch out Lincoln , they will be after Crowley next ?

2 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Franks in tomorrow and just going to see if he can find Tyrone Mears’ window.

In an effort to add another page to this thread... strangely enough I bumped into a close relative of Tyrone Mears's not so long ago, a nurse who looked after a family member. 

Said Tyrone loved his time at Derby, was really proud to play for us and still looks for results. This was ruined by you know who, who was apparently horrendous with him and did nothing but go in on him and his family, even making threats?! 

Reckons Tyrone couldn't take it anymore and was forced out (not the window) (but did sneak in to get his best boots back) apparently PJ then said he would do anything he could to make sure he never plays football again. 

It was a bizarre story (more to it) but they seemed very genuine! 

Has Frank said he's staying yet?! 

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Give it a few seasons and we’ll have Salford City fans on here patronising us ?

Sad, but probably true. I was reading a tw@ter thread the other day between a rams fan and some Bristol City fans claiming they are a bigger club. If I find it again I will add the link.

15 -20 yes ago If you'd asked someone who the 3 big teams in London are, Chelsea wouldn't have made the list. Just goes to show, throw some dodgy cash at a club and off you go! Same applies to City. No disrespect to either club or their fans, but the reality is without Roman, Chelsea would still be like they was under Ken Bates.......

15 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

You are quite right, which is why looking at this logically, Chelsea chasing Lampard is bizarre. As a few have said on here, he had an ok season, lots to improve. Most wanted to continue to develope and build on that. He is far from the finished article Chelsea need with your current status. It's a sticking plaster to appease fans in a difficult period.

17 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

No or Gary Rowett would be near the top of the list!!

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Starting to become convinced there's something in this FFP/July 1st thing...

Could be spot on. Complete radio silence from all concerned, it’s like an MI5 operation. How I yearn for the days of SDSR’s inside info and  a few other posters ITK.  Nowadays nobody knows f@@@ all.

Perhaps # KFA would be good.

12 minutes ago, ChelseaFaninPeace said:

I know mate, of course you’re right, but we are the “what could of been” club from the 70’s.

If Brian hadn’t walked, or the owner not backed Dave after the second league title we could have seen a different outcome.

Can you imagine how many glory supporters we’d gain if we won the league again and shopped in the same places your owner does?

We live and breath football in Derbyshire. We’re a proud bunch, very loyal and this Lampard thing is getting us a bit down as our club gave him his first chance.  Maybe we have effected Frank more than we all think what with the delay?

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I know mate, of course you’re right, but we are the “what could of been” club from the 70’s.

If Brian hadn’t walked, or the owner not backed Dave after the second league title we could have seen a different outcome.

Can you imagine how many glory supporters we’d gain if we won the league again and shopped in the same places your owner does?

We live and breath football in Derbyshire. We’re a proud bunch, very loyal and this Lampard thing is getting us a bit down as our club gave him his first chance.  Maybe we have effected Frank more than we all think what with the delay?

He's been sprinkled with the magic dust at Leeds?

Archived