Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Could be spot on. Complete radio silence from all concerned, it’s like an MI5 operation. How I yearn for the days of SDSR’s inside info and  a few other posters ITK.  Nowadays nobody knows f@@@ all.

Perhaps # KFA would be good.

Yes the rumour mill seems to have shut down over the last 48 hours. Even Sky are more interested in the Gumps today and EMT even had the pies in front of us.

All very weird, still think it will be announced tomorrow though.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Lost my respect for chelsea and lamps tbh

Not because he has left or chelsea have approached him, but the SHEER amount of time this has dragged on

When it’s all concluded, it might be nice if our club came out and explained the delay, is there any truth in this 1st of July/FFP business for example ? 

It’s not that I’m being precious and demanding to know the ins and outs of club business, it’s more I’m thinking Chelsea, Lampard and his fan club are treating my club with contempt and it would be nice to know if these feelings are justified or I’m way off the mark.

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I do think there was a conversation going on between Derby and Chelsea long before Derby announced they had received an official request for Chelsea to speak to Frank.

Perhaps posters are right and  FFP is the reason why this saga is dragging on so long?

Well on Monday it could probably all kick off.

Lampard announced at Chelsea, a new manager announced here and a couple of loans signings announced from the blues youth also.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lampard announced at Chelsea, a new manager announced here and a couple of loans signings announced from the blues youth also.

Perhaps, it was strange that everyone knew of Franks move even before Chelsea had asked for permission to speak to Frank. It does appear that everything has been done, by all parties, to drag this out.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Like you say if we have been guaranteed players on loan then surely we want those tying up before finalising everything, if players are on holiday that may hold things up. We saw with the gumps today  how quick things can progress. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Maybe we have effected Frank more than we all think what with the delay?

FL will be doing what is best for himself, but I expect the bloke has some sort of conscience and will be very briefly embarrassed when he finally has to come out of the bunker and make a statement.  All part of the delay. I now agree with others that this has all been going on for some time with DCFC fully in the loop. 

One thing we can take from todays antics down the A52 is that sorting a new manager can still happen whilst the outgoing of a manager is happening, so I wouldnt be shocked if Lampard leaving is shortly followed by our manager being announced.

Mel said on talksport we will start speaking to out of contract managers so I reckon a fair few interviews may have taken place. He will know full well what is happening between Chelsea & Frank, alot of talk is that its down to the deals for the backroom staff so that sounds to me like Frank has said yes to Chelses which means Mel knows to starting looking.

Archived