Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe that Frank & Co would even contemplate taking the first pre-season training session if there was any chance of him taking over at Chelsea.   So I don't believe for a minute that Frank & Co will be taking the first pre-season training session.  

Also, can't believe for a minute that if there was a chance Frank would still be Derby's manager next season then that also wouldn't have been sorted out by now.  Would have been no need at all for the radio silence.

Take it from the prediction league champ.... FL will be announced as Chelsea's manager on Monday (or before).  (Obvs really - but still a bit of a shame).

Now I have loads of respect for Frank, and think one day he will be a top class manager, he was a top class player, and also comes across as a decent human being, so please Frank make your mind up ? where you be will be working next season, would love you to still be a ram, but if not I wish you all the best for next season, enjoyed the season last year, and please if you go loan us Tomori again.

15 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Can't believe that Frank & Co would even contemplate taking the first pre-season training session if there was any chance of him taking over at Chelsea.   So I don't believe for a minute that Frank & Co will be taking the first pre-season training session.  

Also, can't believe for a minute that if there was a chance Frank would still be Derby's manager next season then that also wouldn't have been sorted out by now.  Would have been no need at all for the radio silence.

Take it from the prediction league champ.... FL will be announced as Chelsea's manager on Monday (or before).  (Obvs really - but still a bit of a shame).

Can you not? I think if they really want to push the move through on ‘their’ terms they will turn up on Monday which will a) either have the effect of forcing Chelsea’s hand or b) make Mel realise this is not a good environment/position to be in and then not quibble or any ancillary issues.

This is getting messy if you take the rumours at face value.

Chelsea want Frank, Derby give permission, Frank wants it but wants his back room staff,Chelsea don't want to pay for back room staff as the have X amount.

Frank won't go without his staff, dcfc get paid more if they go, Chelsea have to payoff staff as Frank doesn't want them, Frank says no I'm staying put as Chelsea won't get rid and pay off staff for new staff, fans at Chelsea then turn on there club as the mesia they want won't come, Frank and co stay at Derby but..

I think DCFC have played a blinder in allowing Chelsea to speak with Frank, did they Chelsea ask for permission or did DCFC say enough is enough if you want to talk to him get on with it but this is what we want.

I think Frank has given himself no option but to go knowing that his staff he wants may be left behind but has been backed into a corner.

2 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Lost my respect for chelsea and lamps tbh

Not because he has left or chelsea have approached him, but the SHEER amount of time this has dragged on

It could be us thats holding it up by holding out for compensation.

Brinkmanship could yet force them to return for pre-season, but i'd rather they didn't turn up tbh. It would be a downer for the players. Just keep away. 

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

I know mate, of course you’re right, but we are the “what could of been” club from the 70’s.

If Brian hadn’t walked, or the owner not backed Dave after the second league title we could have seen a different outcome.

Can you imagine how many glory supporters we’d gain if we won the league again and shopped in the same places your owner does?

We live and breath football in Derbyshire. We’re a proud bunch, very loyal and this Lampard thing is getting us a bit down as our club gave him his first chance.  Maybe we have effected Frank more than we all think what with the delay?

Not even the 70's what ifs......what if scummy Liverpool fans hadn't gotten us kicked out of Europe when we finished 5th in 89 in the the Euro cup qualifying spaces. 

8 hours ago, falconram said:

This is getting messy if you take the rumours at face value.

Chelsea want Frank, Derby give permission, Frank wants it but wants his back room staff,Chelsea don't want to pay for back room staff as the have X amount.

Frank won't go without his staff, dcfc get paid more if they go, Chelsea have to payoff staff as Frank doesn't want them, Frank says no I'm staying put as Chelsea won't get rid and pay off staff for new staff, fans at Chelsea then turn on there club as the mesia they want won't come, Frank and co stay at Derby but..

I think DCFC have played a blinder in allowing Chelsea to speak with Frank, did they Chelsea ask for permission or did DCFC say enough is enough if you want to talk to him get on with it but this is what we want.

I think Frank has given himself no option but to go knowing that his staff he wants may be left behind but has been backed into a corner.

Mel on Talksport clearly said that Chelsea had approached by contacting Stephen Pearce.

Two questions

1) are any of the staff due back today?

2) if they are what time are they due back?

Im not sure what the hold up is if it’s happening. I don’t buy the FFP reasoning.  So just interested to see if there will be an announcement today or if any staff will show up today. 

Archived