Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

29 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

It would be nice if Frank actually spoke, not heard a thing, only what ive heard. or read,  

I actually thought he was having a sponsored silence, I was going to chuck a quid in !!! 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I'm assuming his agent/publicist has warned him against it. 

Assuming he's in talks he has a number of options:

A) declare he wants to join Chelsea, alienates the Derby fans and burns a bridge in case it goes wrong. 

B) declare he's staying at Derby, again alienating Chelsea, might burn a bridge to a future opportunity 

C) come out and say he's still in talks, not going to give us anything that we don't know. 

D) say nothing, if it doesn't go through, act like it never happened. If it goes through, he will thank Derby for the opportunity and go on with his career. 

Not saying anything is a safe thing to do and probably won't alienate anyone 

I can agree wit what your saying, and it does make sense, however, ive also read (cant remember where) he has given the thumbs up for Chelsea to buy a midfielder for them, surely that's a statement in itself

3 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I can agree wit what your saying, and it does make sense, however, ive also read (cant remember where) he has given the thumbs up for Chelsea to buy a midfielder for them, surely that's a statement in itself

Thought they were under a transfer ban 2 windows ? 

2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

To be honest it’s a joke now. Frank needs to get off the pot and either do his job or do one

Think a big percentage of fans feel like this now be they Lampard supporters or not 

It could be the case that Chelsea spoke with Frank, he told them he was happy where he was, thanks for thinking of me, I'll always hold you dear but I've got a job to finish at Derby.

Call me next time.

Think that Frank has held off signing for Chelsea cause he does want to say farewell to the players and staff on Monday. He doesn't strike me has a person who would just sign and then off he goes. I'm sure Mel is in the loop and who knows Frank probably roughly knows what his Chelsea squad will be for the coming season and will give Mel a list of potential loans that may be available for the incoming manager 

2 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

Think that Frank has held off signing for Chelsea cause he does want to say farewell to the players and staff on Monday. He doesn't strike me has a person who would just sign and then off he goes. I'm sure Mel is in the loop and who knows Frank probably roughly knows what his Chelsea squad will be for the coming season and will give Mel a list of potential loans that may be available for the incoming manager 

I hope what you say about the loans is true but the truth is the incoming manager will want to make his own mark and not want to be known for the guy who won with hand me downs if we get promotion etc.. if Frank leaves will set us back a year or two good or bad but either way we are Derby and we will achieve what we crave before to long! coyr 

22 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I saw that and I'm not sure of the accuracy of it. Chelsea tend to leave the buying and scouting of players to the board with not much input from the manager at all, chiefly because they have such a high turnover of managers. They bought Christian Pulisic for £60m in January without Sarri even knowing about it until it was done, for example. Kovacic, who they're now buying, was already on a loan deal at Chelsea last season, I think with the option to buy, so I think that's just finalising something that was going to happen anyway. With Loftus-Cheek now with a longterm injury, I really wouldn't be surprised if it was just a move on Chelsea's board's part as their only other senior options in that role are Kante, Barkley, and the well out-of-favour Drinkwater, so any manager they bring in would be hoping for more options in midfield. I think the story also originally came from Marca, who do have a habit of embellishing stories. 

38 minutes ago, RhylRam said:

Thought they were under a transfer ban 2 windows ?

If it is Kovacic, then he was already on loan with them and already registered, so they could buy him regardless of the ban. I think.

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

I think some people on the forum could have made that call though, we were 2-0 down an aggregate, of course he would bring a striker on. I don't think he deserves credit for what appears to be dumb luck.

It reminds me of the England teams under Bobby Robson in the 86 and 90 World Cups.

In 86 he got praise for the Lineker/Beardsley partnership that would never have happened if Ray Wilkins wasn't out injured and Bryan Robson hadn't dislocated his shoulder for the  107th time in the US in a warm up game.

Then in 90, Gascoigne only made the squad because of injuries.

Luck is an important element that often gets overlooked.

McFarland and Todd would both have had 100 caps for England if it wasn't for bad luck. Injuries with Roy Mac and idiotic managers in Toddys case.

Same goes for Charlie George, but he had both injuries and idiot managers to compete with.

Not that I'm still bitter about something that happened before 80% of the people on this board were even born.

Oh wait, my mistake, yes I am.

13 minutes ago, JfR said:

I saw that and I'm not sure of the accuracy of it. Chelsea tend to leave the buying and scouting of players to the board with not much input from the manager at all, chiefly because they have such a high turnover of managers. They bought Christian Pulisic for £60m in January without Sarri even knowing about it until it was done, for example. Kovacic, who they're now buying, was already on a loan deal at Chelsea last season, I think with the option to buy, so I think that's just finalising something that was going to happen anyway. With Loftus-Cheek now with a longterm injury, I really wouldn't be surprised if it was just a move on Chelsea's board's part as their only other senior options in that role are Kante, Barkley, and the well out-of-favour Drinkwater, so any manager they bring in would be hoping for more options in midfield. I think the story also originally came from Marca, who do have a habit of embellishing stories. 

It wasn't the deal per se that allowed them to buy him, it was because he was registered as a player with Chelsea and thus didn't count as  transfer.

By the way, do you have to buy paragraph breaks in your household? I can send you some if you like?

Could Jody Morris be the next Derby manager? I think he’d be the best option. I’ve read on sky sports news that Lampard has contacted zola to be his number two. If this is correct I can’t see Morris going if he’s not number two. I think Morris could be a better manager than Lampard but just not as big a name. 

5 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Could Jody Morris be the next Derby manager? I think he’d be the best option. I’ve read on sky sports news that Lampard has contacted zola to be his number two. If this is correct I can’t see Morris going if he’s not number two. I think Morris could be a better manager than Lampard but just not as big a name. 

The same Zola who has just turned down an ambassador role at Chelsea because he wants to be a manager instead?

I read Zola’s got the hump after being offered an ambassadorial role and is leaving the club.

All this tittle tattler could be stopped with an announcement of some kind from one of the parties. I think the supporters are being taken for mugs to be honest.

Have you secured your seat for our only home friendly yet ? You just pump your hard earned into the club and we’ll tell you duck all that’s happening. 

Archived