Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I've spent a huge amount of time in this thread, making new friends, getting new food ideas and losing friends by sharing mine; and then at 11am this morning I get called into a meeting until 13:30 and miss the only bloody thing thats ever happened in this whole saga!

It’s not about where you finish, it’s about the journey

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jayram said:

To be honest I couldn't care less about Lampard going. Nice bloke but last season was nothing special and his tactics cost us the playoff final. I hope if he does go we get the money that is being talked about on here so we can get someone in who is a proven success at Championship level.

Chris Hughton would be perfect.

Agree totally.FL did get us all a bit excited with the loan signings so we thank him for that as i dont think they would of come otherwise.However i do feel we missed a massive opportunity not to get promoted. Forget the cup games and if you look back at all the leagues games i can probably count on one hand were we were outstanding against quite a few matches were we were absolutely woeful and still finished sixth

Couple that together with unforgiving team selection in the game that really mattered im sure we will get over the loss.Good luck to Frank and it would of been interesting what he bought to us in his second season,however we move on

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As I’ve stated many times, the Wassall hate absolutely baffles me. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be very underwhelmed if we appointed him, but he did a decent job when required and has continued to do good work at the academy. People dislike him because of Rotherham (an absolute freak of a game) and Hull at home (we’d just lost Thorne). He even gave us what many consider to be one of the best away performances in recent memory in the second leg.

I’m really starting to get sick of some of our fans, particularly on Twitter.

We've only ever had 2 managers with a better win percentage than Wassall and one of them was Steve McClaren. Games were definitely still entertsining under Wassall.

Also lads could you slow the posting down a bit - my guess for the announcement of Franks departure was page 313 and we are getting a bit too close to that now.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Last 10 minutes at Rotherham, when he assumed what everyone else did, that the match was won and introducing two out-of-form players into a nailed-on victory would be good for their confidence.

EXACTLY. I bet Mac would have done the same. Who would have predicted that Leon ducking Best would score two?

21 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just like to clarify my post that got deleted wasn't a spoilt brat comment and being shocked surprises me. Rowett got absolute pelters when he left to speak to Stoke and that's not much difference in the situation here , still a manager leaving us after a season to move on to someone bigger and better. He bought the fans together, yes granted , but was that all in vane and in some ways fickle as soon as soon as the opportunity came he's off. 

Rowett was one of us and left for a team in the same division.

Lampard will always be a Chelsea legend and will probably leave (has left) at the first opportunity. Chelsea are much bigger than us.

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

So we move on, I would imagine Frank will sign for them very quickly, his call but it’s a huge risk for him. 

Lets take their money and move on, we are definitely a selling club......but for managers so we have found our niche market. 

£4m plus maybe 2-3 of the best youngsters on loan.  Who next into the Derby hot seat 

We can get 4M for Gerrard the season after next

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I wonder if the press are already sharpening their pencils and writing headlines in readiness for when it all goes pear shaped for Frank. It's exactly what the British press do. Build em up to knock em down again. 

“On Alan Brazil’s Sport Breakfast, was it too soon for Frank after Chelsea lose their first game of the premier league season”

42 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not happy with the way it played out but I think Frank staying would have been interesting and could have been prosperous but I guess we'll never know. My refrigerated crisps have gone soggy now with the tears streaming down my face. Anybody got any tips to get the crunch back?

Microwave

Why is anyone surprised or spouting about loyalty ...this was always going to happen , his loyalty is more with Chelsea than it is us...yes we gave him a chance and to me conducted himself well throughout except maybe towards the end ...I didn’t like the birthday video going online with the should he stay or go song ...bit poor for me and not professional...but whether anyone likes it or not he raised our profile and at times played some good football.....truth is now though we are in a bit of a mess for me ...new manager required and an assessment of what is required so this in my view will hinder our start to the season .....please Mel pick a manager who’s going to take what Frank started and take it onto another level .....

For some this will mean a possible way back for the likes of Martin and Thorne but if the new man continues to see players like Martin,Thorne,Anya,Butterfield etc as players of the past and moves them on this will be a good sign that he’s the man for us....need new signings and move on the deadwood .... interesting few days and weeks ahead 

Just now, JfR said:

Just me that still thinks this is an incredible stupid idea on Chelsea's part?

No not just you. The romance of it is clouding their judgement. I doubt they’ll be so thrilled when they’re getting beat by Fulham and co and their best striker is sat on the bench. 

1 minute ago, JfR said:

Just me that still thinks this is an incredible stupid idea on Chelsea's part?

No. I'm with you. I'm astounded that he's top of their list. 

But if it works, it works.

I certainly harbour no ill will towards Frank and his staff, assuming they say yes. I'm disappointed he's going, because I like him, but there's a good chance we bring in someone as good or better (although that's not a certainty). Other than that my only other feeling on the matter is that I feel this is a disingenuous attempt by Chelsea to keep the fans on board after a lacklustre season and the sale of their best asset. I worry (for Frank, I don't care about Chelsea) that this will all end in tears for them.

All I hope now is that whoever replaces him can build on the good work he did. Because if we hit the hard reset for another ducking year in a row I'm just going to switch to watching Cricket.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair, we knocked Man United out of the cup at Old Trafford and took Chelsea within inches of penalties Stamford Bridge. Those games, particularly the former, aren’t the typical highs that you expect in a season (whereas the likes of WBA away, Norwich away, etc, are).

In my original post, I did say take out the Man Utd cup game and this season will be viewed like any other.

Of course, that was a great night for the club, even though everyone knew we caught United at a good time.

But even beating United is something we’ve done a fair few times in my lifetime, so again hardly worth getting emotional as if Frank is leaving behind a picture book full of unique moments and memorable nights.

I just don’t get it.

42 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not happy with the way it played out but I think Frank staying would have been interesting and could have been prosperous but I guess we'll never know. My refrigerated crisps have gone soggy now with the tears streaming down my face. Anybody got any tips to get the crunch back?

Knead and mould them all together. 
Make a hand-sized ball. 
Bung them in the freezer for 24 hours.  We call this "The potato stage".
Then simply slice them very thinly, and bung 'em in hot fat for a minute, or until golden and crisp.

Don't forget to post a photo in the appropriate thread!

*Apparently, you can do the same with any bits of soap left over, but only up to the hand-sized ball bit.  Ignore the rest!

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

No not just you. The romance of it is clouding their judgement. I doubt they’ll be so thrilled when they’re getting beat by Fulham and co and their best striker is sat on the bench. 

You think hes going to do so badly at Chelsea that hes going to get them relegated to play Fulham?

Am I in a minority of one thinking you've all lost your minds?

It was inevitable Frank would have to talk with Chelsea once he came back from his hollibobs. All the speculation made it a no brainer. Any rational intelligent person would want to hear what they have to say. Given the mess they've got themselves into, Frank might well think he's the fall guy who has to somehow manage with the loss of their best player and the inability to buy any new ones and that he wants guarantees that he won't be sacked if that proves too difficult.

If I were him I'd tell Roman something like, "I want three years guaranteed and if you sack me before then you have to pay me £50m compensation". Get Abramovich to put his money where his mouth is. In this negotiation, Frank holds all the cards and he will know that. Like any job interview, the prospective candidate should be interviewing the employer every bit as much as they're interviewing him.

Why do all of you think it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone? For me this doesn't change anything in the melodrama but just indicates we're moving along and will soon reach a conclusion, one way or the other. He hasn't left yet and he might not.

Archived