Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just like to clarify my post that got deleted wasn't a spoilt brat comment and being shocked surprises me. Rowett got absolute pelters when he left to speak to Stoke and that's not much difference in the situation here , still a manager leaving us after a season to move on to someone bigger and better. He bought the fans together, yes granted , but was that all in vane and in some ways fickle as soon as soon as the opportunity came he's off. 

Come on, it's completely different. Rowett had been courting that move since January, which at the time was a step up, but come summer was a marginal nudge up to a side with more money, and who were favoured more than us, but not that much more. Also to a club he has no affiliation to.

You can say that last bit doesn't matter, but by doing so you're denying there's any emotional attachment in football. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

Hopefully, since it's been a while in the offing Mel will already have an idea of candidates he wants to speak to and we can make an appointment quickly, because at the minute we can't sign players because they don't know who our manager will be, and we can't really sell players either.

Dare I say it... #CM09?

5 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

All those pale in comparison to what's happened this season (possibly bar the Cardiff game, that was great, too). Different situations regarding them leaving, also. It may not be viewed as anything special, but it'll always be memorable to me. Like that 1-0 win vs Man U in 2008/09 in the Carling Cup, or Brighton at home in the play off semi final in 2014. You remember being at those events. I'll remember leeds and Man U like those

But that’s my point - every season there’ll be memorable nights.

As Frank is leaving after one season and leaving a job unfinished, why would you attach any extra sentiment to what transpired this season? 

I think you are overstating how special some of these games were and on the whole, how special the season was.

Leeds away, I’ll give you. But that’s it.

It’d be a little different if we were Lincoln City and we were doing something unprecedented. It’d be a little different if this all built up to a glorious promotion or a big cup final appearance.

But it didn’t.

We got to the play offs under Rowett and Wassall and we lost in a play off final under McClaren.

If Frank had left us on the back of a promotion playing sizzling hot football, then yes, that’s special and I’d be the first one holding aloft a ‘Thanks for the memories’ banner.

But honestly his chance to really make his mark with us and leave lasting memories is one he’s passing up to go to Chelsea.

15 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just like to clarify my post that got deleted wasn't a spoilt brat comment and being shocked surprises me. Rowett got absolute pelters when he left to speak to Stoke and that's not much difference in the situation here , still a manager leaving us after a season to move on to someone bigger and better. He bought the fans together, yes granted , but was that all in vane and in some ways fickle as soon as soon as the opportunity came he's off. 

That's the exact opposite of what Rowett did!  

I've spent a huge amount of time in this thread, making new friends, getting new food ideas and losing friends by sharing mine; and then at 11am this morning I get called into a meeting until 13:30 and miss the only bloody thing thats ever happened in this whole saga!

33 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not happy with the way it played out but I think Frank staying would have been interesting and could have been prosperous but I guess we'll never know. My refrigerated crisps have gone soggy now with the tears streaming down my face. Anybody got any tips to get the crunch back?

Freezer

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The history books will show that Darren Wassall had a better record than Frank Lampard at Derby County. 

You would have thought he will have wanted to stick around to correct that ??

As I’ve stated many times, the Wassall hate absolutely baffles me. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be very underwhelmed if we appointed him, but he did a decent job when required and has continued to do good work at the academy. People dislike him because of Rotherham (an absolute freak of a game) and Hull at home (we’d just lost Thorne). He even gave us what many consider to be one of the best away performances in recent memory in the second leg.

I’m really starting to get sick of some of our fans, particularly on Twitter.

Just now, Jourdan said:

But that’s my point - every season there’ll be memorable nights.

As Frank is leaving after one season and leaving a job unfinished, why would you attach any extra sentiment to what transpired this season? 

I think you are overstating how special some of these games were and on the whole, how special the season was.

Leeds away, I’ll give you. But that’s it.

It’d be a little different if we were Lincoln City and we were doing something unprecedented. It’d be a little different if this all built up to a glorious promotion or a big cup final appearance.

But it didn’t.

We got to the play offs under Rowett and Wassall and we lost in a play off final under McClaren.

If Frank had left us on the back of a promotion playing sizzling hot football, then yes, that’s special and I’d be the first one holding aloft a ‘Thanks for the memories’ banner.

But honestly his chance to really make his mark with us and leave lasting memories is one he’s passing up to go to Chelsea.

To be fair, we knocked Man United out of the cup at Old Trafford and took Chelsea within inches of penalties Stamford Bridge. Those games, particularly the former, aren’t the typical highs that you expect in a season (whereas the likes of WBA away, Norwich away, etc, are).

35 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not happy with the way it played out but I think Frank staying would have been interesting and could have been prosperous but I guess we'll never know. My refrigerated crisps have gone soggy now with the tears streaming down my face. Anybody got any tips to get the crunch back?

Try the freezer ?

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As I’ve stated many times, the Wassall hate absolutely baffles me. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be very underwhelmed if we appointed him, but he did a decent job when required and has continued to do good work at the academy. People dislike him because of Rotherham (an absolute freak of a game) and Hull at home (we’d just lost Thorne). He even gave us what many consider to be one of the best away performances in recent memory in the second leg.

Last 10 minutes at Rotherham, when he assumed what everyone else did, that the match was won and introducing two out-of-form players into a nailed-on victory would be good for their confidence.

Ok, it’s likely Frank will now leave, but it’s only talks at this moment in time, possibly just possibly he might turn Chelsea down because he thinks he’s not ready yet, the one thing he has done is bring the club together,the fans,the players, everyone.

what we do need is someone who can carry this on, who, honestly I have no idea, no one really excites me, just hope they play good attacking football and hopefully will lead us to the promised land ?????

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

At least we drew with Rotherham away under Wassall, owd Frankie couldn't even manage that! ?

So we move on, I would imagine Frank will sign for them very quickly, his call but it’s a huge risk for him. 

Lets take their money and move on, we are definitely a selling club......but for managers so we have found our niche market. 

£4m plus maybe 2-3 of the best youngsters on loan.  Who next into the Derby hot seat 

Archived