Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not happy with the way it played out but I think Frank staying would have been interesting and could have been prosperous but I guess we'll never know. My refrigerated crisps have gone soggy now with the tears streaming down my face. Anybody got any tips to get the crunch back?

Blow torch?!?

7 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Disagree. That game away at Norwich is possibly one of the most unusual and memorable games ever due to the circumstances, same with Leeds. I still think about going to Birmingham on boxing day and obliterating them in Mac's 2nd season, and i think West Brom Will be similar. Bristol city was all-round a brilliant day. Not as memorable as the others, granted, but I think there's many elements to this season that will be more memorable than the others. Being there at Elland Road as the whole club celebrated on the pitch. The togetherness felt on that night was incredible. Never felt anything like it

West Brom away was the most comfortable I have felt in a tough-on-paper game for a long time (down marks for Darren Moore though).

Boro away - first half - was the best performance I have seen for years.

The cup runs were great fun.

But what tops everything was the Leeds second leg play off game. I will always cherish that.

Thanks Frank.

Now, let's all move on.

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

Disagree. That game away at Norwich is possibly one of the most unusual and memorable games ever due to the circumstances, same with Leeds. I still think about going to Birmingham on boxing day and obliterating them in Mac's 2nd season, and i think West Brom Will be similar. Bristol city was all-round a brilliant day. Not as memorable as the others, granted, but I think there's many elements to this season that will be more memorable than the others. Being there at Elland Road as the whole club celebrated on the pitch. The togetherness felt on that night was incredible. Never felt anything like it

Derby 5-0 Hull City, Derby 2-0 Forest, Norwich 1-2 Derby, Leeds 1-2 Derby, Middlesbrough 0-3 Derby, Derby 2-0 Aston Villa, Derby 3-1 Cardiff.

Did you thank Gary for the memories too?

Like I said, in time, Frank’s time won’t be viewed as anything special.

If the new manager comes in and we go unbeaten for 15 games and we get promoted, it’ll be Frank Who?

11 minutes ago, Duwayne said:

what is this and where can i get it

It's a beer brewed by Van Honsebrouck at Emelgem, Belgium. It can be bought from Belgiuminabox for €2.70 a bottle.

Don't blame him for giving the Chelsea job a go. Can't see it working out very well but that's his problem. Don't think it'll be that hard to replace him in terms of his football on the pitch, but it is sad to see him go due to the 'connection' he had with the fans.

Just now, IslandExile said:

But what tops everything was the Leeds second leg play off game. I will always cherish that.

Thanks Frank.

Now, let's all move on.

Yep. Beating Dirty (Spygate) L**ds made the season. So 'we'll always have L**ds' thanks for that Frankie.

No Ill feeling towards FL, personally don’t think he has handled the situation very well with it being pretty obvious that he has already agreed to join Chelsea bar a couple of points that needed ironing out. That said, I’m not sure what else he could have done to help the situation, hopefully he kept Mel up to date so the foundations for a new manager are already in place.

Move on now, my biggest concern is what direction MM takes next, don’t envy him on that decision.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Chelsea fans and as a club are a fickle bunch. They turned against their greatest ever manager Mourinho, it wouldn’t be surprising if they turn against Lampard. For all the Chelsea fans who wanted Sarri out, there were many who really liked him and appreciated what he did. If they don’t start off well, the Sarri in crowd will undoubtedly say it wasn’t all bad under Sarri , the inevitable we told you so and the atmosphere could turn toxic quickly. Roberto Di Matteo was sacked after winning the champions league because Chelsea didn’t start off well the following season, even though Abramovic promised Di Matteo time to build a new team with Hazard leading it. If they don’t start off well, he won’t be afraid to sack Lampard.

Just wait til they see Kante starting up front on his own, in a must win game against Liverpool ?

34 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Being chocolate flavour is ironic as it looks like it needs a bloody flake in it, init.?

Speaking of which, my local ice-cream seller was found dead this week, with a flake up his bum, raspberry sauce in his ears and sprinkles all down his trousers.

Police think he topped himself.

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Don’t be surprised if Mel has something up his sleeve here, lots of different routes this could currently go. There’s been lots of comments about Frank needing experience (that Argentina report re: a technical director, plus also reports of doubts over the backroom staff), this means there’s a chance...just a chance that not all the backroom staff will be going. Also one thing I took from the Ian Wright comments last night was something like “the one thing Frank will do is what’s best for all parties involved, because he’s just that type of person”. It’s not fact, but I can’t see him going and that’s it just at the moment.

Also I can’t see Derby releasing a statement without us being somewhere down the road ourselves with all this.

Gerrard's statement yesterdays regards him knowing of our interest would back this up too

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No.

How much better did Carson get? How come Roos still can't catch a ball? He's hardly on a par or even within touching distance of Steeley is he.

Giving Roos a new contract was ludicrous. Stuck with him for another 3 years now - a keeper that can't command his area, isn't quick enough off his line and can't catch a ball.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Speaking of which, my local ice-cream seller was found dead this week, with a flake up his bum, raspberry sauce in his ears and sprinkles all down his trousers.

What a waste of a flake

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Did this happen last sundae?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No.

How much better did Carson get? How come Roos still can't catch a ball? He's hardly on a par or even within touching distance of Steeley is he.

Meh, Carson was on a steady decline because he lost the protection he had the season before in Keogh and Davies (who also lost the protection of two DM’s in front of him). They got Roos up to be very capable and work with Keogh and Tomori, in a more fluid role, we were weaker at set pieces but that was the sacrifice we took to get the best out of Tomori. To get a better standard gk would cost a ridiculous amount. One mistake at the death for Roos doesn’t take away he came in and was decent, not amazing but a capable champ goalie when he wasn’t before.

Probably a discussion for another day mate anyway, bigger things happening!

Archived