Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, JfR said:

Just me that still thinks this is an incredible stupid idea on Chelsea's part?

Not stupid. Naive, heart ruling head most likely, but I felt exactly the same way when Nigel Clough took over at Derby, and I still think that was an inspired appointment.

13 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I still don't really understand what Lampard's done wrong here. The media, yes, Chelsea, possibly - but Lampard?

I predict I'll be getting bored with asking this question, but how is this any different to Nigel Clough landing (one of) his dream job(s) when he left Burton for Derby? 

I’m not saying he’s wrong for going for the Chelsea job. I’m saying it’s left a bad taste in my mouth, the talking heads on tv and radio, the ex players, uncle harry etc and then that crass video posted by his mrs. All too much for me. I don’t care if Derby are nobodies to them, they’re somebody to me! 

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Knead and mould them all together. 
Make a hand-sized ball. 
Bung them in the freezer for 24 hours.  We call this "The potato stage".
Then simply slice them very thinly, and bung 'em in hot fat for a minute, or until golden and crisp.

Don't forget to post a photo in the appropriate thread!

*Apparently, you can do the same with any bits of soap left over, but only up to the hand-sized ball bit.  Ignore the rest!

Agreed. Frying soap in hot fat is pretty dangerous.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

I would like to say I'm shocked at some of the posts on here but I'm not. People banging on about loyalty yet offered none when the rumours started. Too many posters look like spoilt brats, throwing your toys out the pram.

I have to say I'm disappointed with the reactions over the last few weeks, some of you need to hang your heads in shame. 

Give us names @rynny

I will say one thing how can a good manager leave an obvious 20 a goal a season man ( Marriott ) on the bench for no good reason , as the work rate reason doesn't wash in my opinion .

Lets just say Marriott is lazy ( plenty of players have been esp strikers ) but if he knows where the goal is , isn't that forgiven ????.Marriott is a damn good striker anyone can see that but Lampard couldn't ………..you have to ask questions about that.

I think we are viewing Lampard through rose coloured specs regarding team selection and results etc etc . But one thing above all else I am unhappy about is he does seem to have got everyone happy and together , Instilled a very big we are in it together attitude including the fans …….which can go along way to success . But for me he has made the wrong move he has gone to early . He has to go now because even if he stays the fact this has dragged on so long and he has taken so long to think it over wont make a lot of fans happy even if he stayed . Only one way now for him and that's through the door .

For me because he has gone rather quickly ( managing wise ) but taken ages over deciding ( upsetting our pre season ) he leaves with a bit of bitterness , im sorry but nothing would make me happier to see him flop now as all the getting together and the bounce was all an ACT !! .

Next up 

Nigel part 2 WITH MONEY TO SPEND  or take a big chance on Gerrard as Scottish footy is pants and my grandma could keep rangers in top 2 .

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Knead and mould them all together. 
Make a hand-sized ball. 
Bung them in the freezer for 24 hours.  We call this "The potato stage".
Then simply slice them very thinly, and bung 'em in hot fat for a minute, or until golden and crisp.

Don't forget to post a photo in the appropriate thread!

*Apparently, you can do the same with any bits of soap left over, but only up to the hand-sized ball bit.  Ignore the rest!

Sounds complicated. I might just throw em in the bin along with all my Frank posters. The missus was never too keen on them being on our bedroom wall. ?

42 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

Come on, it's completely different. Rowett had been courting that move since January, which at the time was a step up, but come summer was a marginal nudge up to a side with more money, and who were favoured more than us, but not that much more. Also to a club he has no affiliation to.

You can say that last bit doesn't matter, but by doing so you're denying there's any emotional attachment in football. 

Agree.

How can someone seriously compare Lampard going to Chelsea as Rowett going to Stoke?

Rowett left us to go to a smaller club, in the same league purely for money.

Lampard is going to his dream job. His club. Doesn't matter who comes in for him at Chelsea. He won't go.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Hate to say it, but in time, we’ll probably realise we’ve had more memorable bowel movements. I know I have.

I mean take out the Man Utd cup win, and they are all run-of-the-mill wins in a run-of-the-mill season for a run-of-the-mill Championship promotion contender.

Maybe it doesn’t help that my record was 5 games attended, 1 won, 1 drawn, 3 lost, but I fail to see what was so special about this season?

What made this particular season any more special than any other recent promotion challenge we have failed in?

• Two decent cup-runs

• Beating United at Old Trafford for the first time in 18 years

• First time we’ve scored six in 23 years

• The final four; beating QPR in stoppage time when we knew results were going our way, effectively winning a play-off quarter final against Bristol City the week after, drawing at Swansea and thus having to do it on the final day. 

• Leeds

1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

Nope dead serious .

I would love to see what young clough could do with money to spend .

Nothing. Precisely what he did at Sheff United in league one. Do I have to remind you that McClaren took the squad that Clough was struggling with to 3rd, the best football we've seen in years, with little to help in the way of signings. 

Best wishes Frank , thanks for reuniting our club last season , a rollercoaster ride that ultimately ended in defeat , but that win at Elland Road and the scenes after are what i will remember you for , but Derby County live on and whoever Mel decides fills the managers hot seat next hopefully picks up the mantle and gets us promotion this season , COYR

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Nothing. Precisely what he did at Sheff United in league one. Do I have to remind you that McClaren took the squad that Clough was struggling with to 3rd, the best football we've seen in years, with little to help in the way of signings. 

Win ratios from sheff Utd al ltime list ?  interesting stats for the we hate nigel brigade .

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/sheffield-united/

Nigel nearly tops the list he is 3rd in all time list for wins ratio.

Archived