Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Chelsea fans and as a club are a fickle bunch. They turned against their greatest ever manager Mourinho, it wouldn’t be surprising if they turn against Lampard. For all the Chelsea fans who wanted Sarri out, there were many who really liked him and appreciated what he did. If they don’t start off well, the Sarri in crowd will undoubtedly say it wasn’t all bad under Sarri , the inevitable we told you so and the atmosphere could turn toxic quickly. Roberto Di Matteo was sacked after winning the champions league because Chelsea didn’t start off well the following season, even though Abramovic promised Di Matteo time to build a new team with Hazard leading it. If they don’t start off well, he won’t be afraid to sack Lampard.

They are a confusing bunch, the only managers they seemed to like were Mourinho and Ancelotti (who you can't not like). The only managers to deliver them any kid of success in Europe were all ousted soon after, or widely derided/hated (Grant, Benitez and Sarri).

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Derby 5-0 Hull City, Derby 2-0 Forest, Norwich 1-2 Derby, Leeds 1-2 Derby, Middlesbrough 0-3 Derby, Derby 2-0 Aston Villa, Derby 3-1 Cardiff.

Did you thank Gary for the memories too?

Like I said, in time, Frank’s time won’t be viewed as anything special.

If the new manager comes in and we go unbeaten for 15 games and we get promoted, it’ll be Frank Who?

All those pale in comparison to what's happened this season (possibly bar the Cardiff game, that was great, too). Different situations regarding them leaving, also. It may not be viewed as anything special, but it'll always be memorable to me. Like that 1-0 win vs Man U in 2008/09 in the Carling Cup, or Brighton at home in the play off semi final in 2014. You remember being at those events. I'll remember leeds and Man U like those

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

I would like to say I'm shocked at some of the posts on here but I'm not. People banging on about loyalty yet offered none when the rumours started. Too many posters look like spoilt brats, throwing your toys out the pram.

I have to say I'm disappointed with the reactions over the last few weeks, some of you need to hang your heads in shame. 

Just like to clarify my post that got deleted wasn't a spoilt brat comment and being shocked surprises me. Rowett got absolute pelters when he left to speak to Stoke and that's not much difference in the situation here , still a manager leaving us after a season to move on to someone bigger and better. He bought the fans together, yes granted , but was that all in vane and in some ways fickle as soon as soon as the opportunity came he's off. 

To be honest I couldn't care less about Lampard going. Nice bloke but last season was nothing special and his tactics cost us the playoff final. I hope if he does go we get the money that is being talked about on here so we can get someone in who is a proven success at Championship level.

Chris Hughton would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Managers, players and owners they come and they go, but we the fans are the heartbeat of our club, we will always be here, it’s not about money to us it’s about passion and loyalty! No one is bigger than our club.?

D88B8D0F-0922-4340-874B-40C5D22E891B.jpeg

And look at that Badge! Best in the football league! UTR!

Just now, Jayram said:

To be honest I couldn't care less about Lampard going. Nice bloke but last season was nothing special and his tactics cost us the playoff final. I hope if he does go we get the money that is being talked about on here so we can get someone in who is a proven success at Championship level.

Chris Hughton would be perfect.

Far to defensive if you want the style we have become used to this season

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The history books will show that Darren Wassall had a better record than Frank Lampard at Derby County. 

You would have thought he will have wanted to stick around to correct that ??

I doubt that Wassall will be going to Chelsea

8 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

They are a confusing bunch, the only managers they seemed to like were Mourinho and Ancelotti (who you can't not like). The only managers to deliver them any kid of success in Europe were all ousted soon after, or widely derided/hated (Grant, Benitez and Sarri).

Don't forget Di Matteo

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just like to clarify my post that got deleted wasn't a spoilt brat comment and being shocked surprises me. Rowett got absolute pelters when he left to speak to Stoke and that's not much difference in the situation here , still a manager leaving us after a season to move on to someone bigger and better. He bought the fans together, yes granted , but was that all in vane and in some ways fickle as soon as soon as the opportunity came he's off. 

Yeah but the big difference is Frank isn't a self important nob 'ead, where Rowett clearly is...

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Could we open a book on what Frank's first lines will be in his first interview...I'll start

"Firstly, I am delighted to be here, this is my club, it has been a dream of mine and I'm just delighted if has come round so quick"

Sorry i'm late for the interview . Took Didier a bit longer than expected to clean my  toilet .

Hopefully, since it's been a while in the offing Mel will already have an idea of candidates he wants to speak to and we can make an appointment quickly, because at the minute we can't sign players because they don't know who our manager will be, and we can't really sell players either.

Goes with best wishes from me. We knew this day would come, just hoped it would be in a couple more seasons time. He gave it everything for us this past season and wouldnt mind him coming back in one day. Thanks Frank

Archived