Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JfR said:

I feel like the phrasing of that sentence implies an unintended meaning that might prove to be accurate

Yeah if the ‘now’ was removed from it then it would just be ‘he’s had a fantastic career, he’s going to be Chelsea manager’ which sounds a lot more innocent! 

11 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Yeah if the ‘now’ was removed from it then it would just be ‘he’s had a fantastic career, he’s going to be Chelsea manager’ which sounds a lot more innocent! 

I meant it could be interpreted more along the lines of "he's had a fantastic career, but now he's going to be the manager of Chelsea" rather than it being the continuation of a fantastic career

I think we are kidding ourselves now. As I said previously, I just want some stability with the manager and to get prepared for the season ahead. I'm beyond giving a stuff now about this media nonsense.

I'd rather be talking about upsetting the gumps and the dirties. Sad if it's true from a building perspective, but the club is bigger than the individual.

No malice if true, we move on. Cmon Derby, let the rollercoaster for 2019-20 begin.

17 minutes ago, JfR said:

I meant it could be interpreted more along the lines of "he's had a fantastic career, but now he's going to be the manager of Chelsea" rather than it being the continuation of a fantastic career

Yes I got that first time ? probably not far from the likely outcome, no one stays in the managers job at chelsea for long, successful or not. Of course Lampard wont be able to resist the pull. Also I think Mel would rather have the £4 million in the bank. 

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Derby owner Mel Morris is prepared to stump up a bumper £2.5m four-year deal to try and persuade his rookie boss to stay.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/787132/Frank-Lampard-Chelsea-manager-latest-Derby-contract

Thought we might have learned are lesson on giving managers massive contracts after the first bit of interest. Clearly not. ?

Lines up with the idea that we've imminent investment, but I'd have expected to have heard something about that (from a reputable source) by now.

2 hours ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Test card with a picture of Dave, next to a clown (Kenny Burns) playing noughts and crosses on a blackboard.

For you young un's illustrated below:

TEST-CARD-667462.jpg

Completely off topic (but I think this thread needs it), my kids simply don't believe that in olden days (ie when I was a kid) there were times of the day when there was nothing at all on the telly except this test card.

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Thought we might have learned are lesson on giving managers massive contracts after the first bit of interest. Clearly not. ?

It think it turned out to be a good financial decision with Rowett though. I can't imagine that we would have got £2 million compensation from his original contract.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Completely off topic (but I think this thread needs it), my kids simply don't believe that in olden days (ie when I was a kid) there were times of the day when there was nothing at all on the telly except this test card.

I wish we still had that luxury - better than anything the BBC put on nowadays and more enjoyable. 

28 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Lines up with the idea that we've imminent investment, but I'd have expected to have heard something about that (from a reputable source) by now.

Well its only an extra £750,000 per year (if anything in that article is accurate.) Not exactly breaking the bank from an FFP perspective even without investment.

Archived