Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

We believing the Daily Star now? Blimey, can’t wait to find out my latest Derby news from the Daily Sport.

Exclusive 

Scott Carson ate my hamster.

Andre Wisdom’s car is found on the moon, by Elvis.

Just caught up with the latest pages while having brekkie so here’s my take on things.

1/ Teams change management frequently but at this stage I’d be more worried about the fitness staff going. The next 3-4weeks will set up the rest of the season fitness wise and what I saw last season this was one of our major strengths come the last few rounds. If we have 2.5 mill to spend on a manager I think we’ll be able to find a reasonable replacement if needed.

2/ Butter always on thick white bread before the bacon. And talking about bacon, the thing I notice most when I go over there is how crap your bacon is. 

3/ whoever puts their crisps in the fridge is surely taking the piss.

41 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Thought we might have learned are lesson on giving managers massive contracts after the first bit of interest. Clearly not. ?

Why am I not surprised you might consider the Daily Star a factual journal.

3 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

2/ Butter always on thick white bread before the bacon. And talking about bacon, the thing I notice most when I go over there is how crap your bacon is. 

We have the good streaky kind of bacon as well. Although most people use that thick sliced stuff thats like a block of ham. I think the real question is do you use tomato or brown sauce? Do you even have brown sauce wherever you are?

11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We have the good streaky kind of bacon as well. Although most people use that thick sliced stuff thats like a block of ham. I think the real question is do you use tomato or brown sauce? Do you even have brown sauce wherever you are?

No sauce on bacon for me. Yeah we can get brown sauce.

If Frank knows he's staying it's dead easy to shut the speculation up.

So either he's still deciding which seems fairly unlikely, but would explain some of his team selections at times - he just couldn't make his mind up.

Or, he knows he's going but can't say anything for legal reasons.

I hope I'm wrong and that he's actually put a quiet call into Mel and the club are just soaking up the exposure, but it seems less and less likely by the day.

If Mel has heard nothing and then Chelsea get everything done and dusted in 48-hours from the request to Derby and announcing the contract, I hope Derby file a grievance with the league for tampering. Because in that case it has clearly happened. 

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

Just a thought but have you considered getting a girlfriend?

You no have idea the struggles I have with Tomatoes. A four branded 4  pack on special offer, single luxury tin, chopped or unchopped, chop up fresh ones, own brand, on the vine, cherry, plumb, Giant Dutch ones grown in poo. It’s far harder than picking a starting line up. 

Girlfriends ? What are they, can you grow them ? Are they nice with Mozzarella and Basil 

I can’t believe we’re paying him £1.75m a year for his first job!! Think that’s too much given the lack of experience. We did the same with Clement.

Pay him more money to keep him by all means but it won’t make a sod of difference. He’s got the chance to manage Chelsea and they will at least double our offer!!

6 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

This whole thing needs bringing to a head. I think perhaps Derby should do a press release telling Chelsea to put up or shut up.

Good idea? Bad idea? Bloody stupid idea?

So, we should tell Chelsea, the football club not it's fan base or the media circus surrounding them, to stop not saying that they are or are not about to ask for the services of our manager?

9 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Odds on Frank to STAY at the RAMS now 4/1 with Paddy Power and Betfair it went up to 7/1.

Still none of the high street bookies taking the bet !

Just to say I`ve had a bet on him staying!

Advertising!

Frank is stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

1, Chelsea want him( allegedly )he would like to go (allegedly) but no contact as of yet.

2, Derby want him to stay , Derby want investment, Frank is I big pull in this investment.

He says he's loyal and it his club and has two more years on his contract, if he jumps ship does the investment not happen and then he feels guilty for MM, he's the key piece to DCFC hence a new contract offer.

He's worth alot more to DCFC than a big hike in salary and he knows that, so in the end it will be his head or his heart wether he decides to go or stay.

Archived