Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, Danelaw Rams said:

Could it be just a coincidence that Christina copied The Clash  "should I stay or should I go " from my post??? ....Or am I just paranoid and reading into things to much( vast majority)?

Her name is Christine... Christine.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WilkoRam said:

The fact he hasn’t instantly jumped ship and gone there, to me, shows some loyalty to us.  He appreciates the club, what we’ve done for him and what he’s got here.

Was thinking about this last night - no matter how it pans out, I think the decision has been made harder for Frank because I genuinely don't think he expected to be taken in by Derby (the club, the area and us fans) the way he has. Unless it was all an act (in which case he should sack off us AND Chelsea and head to Hollywood) - you could see how much he loved it last season. Let's not forget that he had a first season at Chelsea too - and he only became a legend there because he stuck at it. So the choice is essentially to stay and forge a new legacy here, or go back to Chelsea and potentially tarnish his existing legacy.

If Frank stays then brilliant. If Frank goes then so be it. As long as it is sorted as quickly as possible i have no argument. Frank is on holiday for his birthday and MM has told us that no approach has been made, lets just stop speculating so much and wait for facts to come out.

I as im sure many others are, are concerned about the effect this COULD possibly be having. Weve signed 1 player so far, Shinnie. now im not saying that other sides have been really busy but after Franks comments about losing most of pre season last year due to late arrivals etc then i thought we would of acted quickly this season. Pre season is around 2 weeks away, id like 90% of our business to be down by the end of the first week back. I dont want this to effect our plans for next year as looking for a new manager etc would possibly hinder that.

Hope in the end it turns out to be the best possible outcome for us all and the club. UTR

46 minutes ago, Papahet said:

This is dragging out abit isn't it? With the fixtures announced, pre season, the cup draw last night and Bryson's departure...absolutely nothing from Lampard on any of the subjects.

The whole thing has been handled really badly by Chelsea and FL. 

Takes literally two minutes to give Morris a statement of his intent, us fans are being taken the piss out of by the media and these ex Chelsea players. Put it to bed FFS. You continue to sun it up on you're jollies mate, liking any old Chelsea photo on insta

Said the same thing 2 weeks ago,i get there was no announcement on Chelsea side until there manager as left but this is becoming silly

We are a week away from players returning for training no manager as such as lets be honest FL as gone,as a result we now have to find a manager to be in place by next week at the worse and identify possible recruitment's.I think MM will of course already spoken to potential new managers but still leaves us in a really poor place,

11 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

The thing is, its a huge risk for him! Hazards gone, transfer ban, quick to fire owner! 

Most of our managers only get one season, sometimes not even that, before they get sacked. Dont't think we can include that as a risk at Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

If Frank stays then brilliant. If Frank goes then so be it. As long as it is sorted as quickly as possible i have no argument. Frank is on holiday for his birthday and MM has told us that no approach has been made, lets just stop speculating so much and wait for facts to come out.

I as im sure many others are, are concerned about the effect this COULD possibly be having. Weve signed 1 player so far, Shinnie. now im not saying that other sides have been really busy but after Franks comments about losing most of pre season last year due to late arrivals etc then i thought we would of acted quickly this season. Pre season is around 2 weeks away, id like 90% of our business to be down by the end of the first week back. I dont want this to effect our plans for next year as looking for a new manager etc would possibly hinder that.

Hope at the end it was the best possible outcome foe us all and the club. UTR

In terms of getting any transfer business done early I think it will be very difficult as we will be swimming in the premiership loan market and they may be slightly more hesitant than normal because the championship window shuts before they kick off unlike last season which was about 3 weeks later so I anticipate that there will be some disappointed clubs as the better possible loans may well be kept at their premiership clubs.

59 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And why should he take 2 minutes out of a family holiday just to appease some melodramatic fans on a football forum?

The only person he is answerable to is Mel Morris.

If there is anything to be said about the situation it should be coming from the club and, as far as I am aware, a statement was released last week. Unfortunately, some of you were probably that twisted up in your knickers that you missed it.

The last we heard was Mel offered him a new deal, how long ago was that now? Since then he's been in London (with his ex Chelsea pals) and now buggered off on holiday,

He's said absolutely nothing regarding the (pre) fixtures, the cup draw nor Bryson's departure. Yet He can happily spend time out with Drogba and Co or on his Instagram liking random Chelsea photo's left right and center though huh? 

It's pretty amateur from all parties, if he wants to stay then sign a new deal or say so, if he want's the Chelsea job then get his agent on the blower to his buddy Cech and say he's interested in the role. Only loser in this situation is Morris;  we are running out of time to get potentially a new man in, with new players and idea's. It's two weeks until the squad report back FFS. Silence on the transfer front, absolutely nothing.

And that statement didn't tell us a great deal too, said nowt we didn't already know. I'd rather hear from FL, seem's Morris is left in the dark as much as we all are.

The club is being dragged through the mud whilst Chelsea decide what/who they want, 

2 hours ago, WilkoRam said:

The fact he hasn’t instantly jumped ship and gone there, to me, shows some loyalty to us.  He appreciates the club, what we’ve done for him and what he’s got here.

Id like to think that but its probably more to do with chelsea and mel sorting out compensation for jody and the backroom staff he wants to take! 

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The last we heard was Mel offered him a new deal, how long ago was that now? Since then he's been in London (with his ex Chelsea pals) and now buggered off on holiday,

He's said absolutely nothing regarding the (pre) fixtures, the cup draw nor Bryson's departure. Yet He can happily spend time out with Drogba and Co or on his Instagram liking random Chelsea photo's left right and center though huh? 

It's pretty amateur from all parties, if he wants to stay then sign a new deal or say so, if he want's the Chelsea job then get his agent on the blower to his buddy Cech and say he's interested in the role. Only loser in this situation is Morris;  we are running out of time to get potentially a new man in, with new players and idea's. It's two weeks until the squad report back FFS. Silence on the transfer front, absolutely nothing.

And that statement didn't tell us a great deal too, said nowt we didn't already know. I'd rather hear from FL, seem's Morris is left in the dark as much as we all are.

The club is being dragged through the mud whilst Chelsea decide what/who they want, 

If you think Mel would allow himself and the club to be left in the dark I'd have to disagree.

I think it much more likely he's fully aware of everything in this situation, knows Frank will be here next season, and checks the forum every now and then for a chuckle.

Think of the boost everyone will get when Frank walks back through the doors next week, a positive boost ahead of another tough season.

11 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Mate, when I'm on holiday I'm on holiday. If someone rings me and I think it's about work then it's getting ignored. 

I won't even answer calls about work if I'm chilling with the kids! 

I can do 10,12, 14 hour days, 7 days per week sometimes. I sometimes have to take calls when I'm jumping in the shower at 8.30 at night. But sometimes you need to switch off. 

I'm very confident that neither club is in limbo like the media suggest. I doubt both clubs are checking Frank's Instagram. 

Ok boys and girls.

I’ve just hidden a few posts which are getting a bit repetitive and argumentative.

While we all have our opinions, can we be respectful of each other’s too.

If you have a problem with something someone has said please report them using the button provided.

Whats upset me a little bit is the accusation of this forum being cliquey.  I like to think I try to embrace all new members and hope others do too.

I know seeing someone with a high post count seemingly talking down to you can give this impression so please report anything you feel upset by.

we’re all in limbo land regards Frank, let’s not get into squabbles on here eh?

peace 

Archived