Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Hes gone, simple as! If he wasnt going he would have ruled himself out by now! Just make the announcement so we can all move on ffs! 

Thanks for the season Frank, will never forget beating leeds in the semis! But dissapointed youve shown us no loyality, would have been nice for once if a manager would stay and finish what they started!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have close to 5000 posts on this forum. The least l would expect is a PM on this matter.

I got moderated too - And I think I was mostly keeping to my new attempts to be mostly positive and even sometimes conciliatory

But then I don't want to argue with @Boycie because I've heard otherwise he'll DM you a very stern telling off and I just can't deal with that level of disappointment from the forum elders

Just now, De22Ram said:

Hes gone, simple as! If he wasnt going he would have ruled himself out by now! Just make the announcement so we can all move on ffs! 

Thanks for the season Frank, will never forget beating leeds in the semis! But dissapointed youve shown us no loyality! 

You're disappointed in something that hasn't happened?

I hope im proved wrong but its happening! In my opinion! Think it already has, weve just not been told yet!

I mean think about it, if it wasnt happening, with all this speculation, hes a cruel barstool for not coming out and ruling himself out!

1 minute ago, De22Ram said:

Thanks for the season Frank, will never forget beating leeds in the semis! But dissapointed youve shown us no loyality! 

Until it's officially announced he's still our manager and we shouldn't have a pop (IMO)

If he chooses to go to a club he loves, for more money, to challenge at the top of the best league in the world then fair play to him - We'll find it much easier to get loan players from them I suspect - And if he doesn't do that well you can get enjoyment in his failure if you want

My first post. I hope that it’s not too controversial.

Let’s get real. Lamps is going. 

Mel gave him his opportunity and we had probably the best football since Macs early days. We thank him for that but he has so much to thank Mel Morris for. Lampard gave us a season but DCFC gave him a career.

Now all he is doing is sitting on the beach and waiting for his Chelsea contract. In the meantime the Rams can’t get on with prep for the new season. As Frank said himself, we are down to a squad of around 14. What player with any pedigree is going to come to us if they don’t know who’s going to be the manager.

In the meantime Chelsea are in no hurry  With their embargo they don’t need the same prep  

Come on Frank get off your deckchair and do the decent thing. You can afford the 4 Mill. Resign and claim it back from your new employer. 

Let Mel who has been so good to you get on with giving us fans  hope for the new season. 

15 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Thanks for the season Frank, will never forget beating leeds in the semis! But dissapointed youve shown us no loyality, would have been nice for once if a manager would stay and finish what they started!

I think it only fair that I should formally announce that i have no interest in taking up any offer from Chelsea if it was received

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

This morning's thought of the day.  If people are offended by the word 'idiot' should we use the swear filter to automatically correct it to 'Robbie Savage'?

That'd be awful. I can live with myself calling you all idiots, but calling you all 'Robbie Savage' is a step too far.

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Until it's officially announced he's still our manager and we shouldn't have a pop (IMO)

If he chooses to go to a club he loves, for more money, to challenge at the top of the best league in the world then fair play to him - We'll find it much easier to get loan players from them I suspect - And if he doesn't do that well you can get enjoyment in his failure if you want

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

The last we heard was Mel offered him a new deal, how long ago was that now? Since then he's been in London (with his ex Chelsea pals) and now buggered off on holiday,

He's said absolutely nothing regarding the (pre) fixtures, the cup draw nor Bryson's departure. Yet He can happily spend time out with Drogba and Co or on his Instagram liking random Chelsea photo's left right and center though huh? 

It's pretty amateur from all parties, if he wants to stay then sign a new deal or say so, if he want's the Chelsea job then get his agent on the blower to his buddy Cech and say he's interested in the role. Only loser in this situation is Morris;  we are running out of time to get potentially a new man in, with new players and idea's. It's two weeks until the squad report back FFS. Silence on the transfer front, absolutely nothing.

And that statement didn't tell us a great deal too, said nowt we didn't already know. I'd rather hear from FL, seem's Morris is left in the dark as much as we all are.

The club is being dragged through the mud whilst Chelsea decide what/who they want, 

Robbie Savage.

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Im just fed up with the whole situation, nothing really against Frank. When he signed i wasnt convinced but i thought, hey ill give him a chance, we need stability, he might be able to build something over a few seasons. As the season went on i thought, ay up, this is going alright, liked the way the club was going, what he was doing etc! Thought hed go chelsea one day but would be in a few years once hes got more expierence, so he might get the chance to build something here! But......... i saw it coming a while ago with the problems at chelsea! 

Looks like well be starting all over again! It feels like we start building at this club and then the manager goes and we start from scratch! 

I get what your saying though, i just hate that whatever goes on at a club its always the fans who get screwed! We turn up week in week out, travel around the country, spend stupid amounts of money, make up songs, back our managers, players through thick and thin and then as soon as a better offer comes along, its bye bye! Guess thats just football though! 

Anyway lol ill put my violin away now and stop moaning but, just so fed up! 

Its his career so fair play, guess its our faults for thinking most players, managers etc see our club as anything other than a job!

3 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Im just fed up with the whole situation, nothing really against Frank. When he signed i wasnt convinced but i thought, hey ill give him a chance, we need stability, he might be able to build something over a few seasons. As the season went on i thought, ay up, this is going alright, liked the way the club was going, what he was doing etc! Thought hed go chelsea one day but would be in a few years once hes got more expierence, so he might get the chance to build something here! But......... i saw it coming a while ago with the problems at chelsea! 

Oh yeh - I get why you're frustrated - But then I bet Lampard never would have considered at the start of the season that Chelsea would even consider him by the end

Life happens, things change, we try to roll with the punches and make sure that we're focused on looking forwards in a positive way rather than the negatives ? 

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Oh yeh - I get why you're frustrated - But then I bet Lampard never would have considered at the start of the season that Chelsea would even consider him by the end

Life happens, things change, we try to roll with the punches and make sure that we're focused on looking forwards in a positive way rather than the negatives ? 

But that just isn’t right with the narrative of a lot of the posters on this thread!

Archived