Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Here’s why I think Lampard will not take the Chelsea job, should he be offered it:-

I think he will actually - I think he has immense confidence in himself and will see any challenge as worth taking on

However the reasons he logically shouldn't are definitely there - Transfer embargo, lack of stability, strong rumours Ambramovich is selling the club, almost certainly wasn't first choice, arguably 3 clubs already with stronger squads and the other 2 are (arguably) bigger clubs with equal/greater potential (Utd, Arsenal) etc etc

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

People won’t look stupid mate we used to think the earth was square  

F3057C2A-7353-4328-92AA-142ED8BB4120.jpeg

Don't know why God could not just have come out and issued a statement confirming that it was round that would have put it to bed.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't know why God could not just have come out and issued a statement confirming that it was round that would have put it to bed.

I just saw Gods instagram vid, Jesus was listening to “you spin me right round” in his bedroom and God demanded he doth turn it down.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Have you ever thought to yourself, "the crisps from that vending machine taste better for some reason."?

Could settle the debate here and now

Well, crisps in their very nature are a complex proposition. Not all crisps are the same. You have your standard crisp, say a Walkers Salt & Vinegar, ideal for a crisp sandwich, but sometimes boring alone. The you have your good old kettle chip, flavoursome in nature, but leave your fingers feeling like you've explored the nether regions of the local prostitute, not good for the sandwich, nor the fridge I reckon. Then you have your maize or wheat snacks, such as Wheat Crunchies, Wotsits and Quavers. No good for the fridge, nor the sandwich I bet.

This concept is too complex to be comprehensive. I need to rest my brain

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because he’s on holiday somewhere with his wife Christine mulling over his new Derby contract offer, doesn’t have time for the little stuff!

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

My point is that his silence is only deafening if he shouldn't be silent, the fact he's on a holiday means he would've been silent anyway, so it's not...er...deafening..!

I wrote this a few dozen pages back, and I still stand by it:-

Here’s why I think Lampard will not take the Chelsea job, should he be offered it..............

....................Lampard to Chelsea is a PR whirlwind, and this alone is fuelling the persistent headlines, but logically, it makes no sense for Chelsea to appoint him, unless they are resigned to a period of rehabilitating the club, and it makes no sense for Lampard to consider it, unless he wants one big payday, which I doubt he does.

It is equally amusing and annoying seeing the meltdown on here. Why are people getting so far ahead of themselves? I know it’s summer and you’re all bored, but for the sake of your own mental health, stop fearing the worst, you’ll end up driving him out of the club!!

A well-reasoned argument for sure, @Mostyn6.  Primarily based on why Chelsea shouldn't offer him the job.  Problem is if they do.  He may find the lure too much.  If he wasn't interested, as others have already said, he would have probably tipped Chelsea off first and then make a public commitment to staying here.  Great PR opportunity to increase the value of his currency.  It's a head v heart conundrum for him and all I was saying is that by the radio silence, it suggests (to me anyway) that he hasn't said no to them.  I guess I am guilty of judging him by my own approach, so who knows.  Certainly not in meltdown over it though.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Then you have your maize or wheat snacks, such as Wheat Crunchies, Wotsits and Quavers. No good for the fridge, nor the sandwich I bet.

A Wotsits sandwich is the ultimate crisp sandwich. Get a half baguette, a baton if you will. Cut it open, line it with butter and fill with about 2-3 packets of Wotsits. 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Well, crisps in their very nature are a complex proposition. Not all crisps are the same. You have your standard crisp, say a Walkers Salt & Vinegar, ideal for a crisp sandwich, but sometimes boring alone. The you have your good old kettle chip, flavoursome in nature, but leave your fingers feeling like you've explored the nether regions of the local prostitute, not good for the sandwich, nor the fridge I reckon. Then you have your maize or wheat snacks, such as Wheat Crunchies, Wotsits and Quavers. No good for the fridge, nor the sandwich I bet.

This concept is too complex to be comprehensive. I need to rest my brain

You've not even touched on thick ridge cuts!

Also, shamefully (as a crisp addict) I had the best crisps I've ever eaten while I was in America.

image.png.a8d65c2d7cf8aa8c55f05d5959b25ee7.png

EDIT: Oh, also - this man suggests a different alternative for a crisp sandwich. The mighty pringle.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

0F0F4543-7FF5-435E-BD09-3F4722D24601.jpeg.7370c9844058d9c45eb7e710a8a918a8.jpeg

Dicey argument when that's quite obviously a cube - I feel like we're circling the drain with this argument though - I spherely think someone should lock this down - You're looking squarely down the barrel of wrongness 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You've not even touched on thick ridge cuts!

Also, shamefully (as a crisp addict) I had the best crisps I've ever eaten while I was in America.

image.png.a8d65c2d7cf8aa8c55f05d5959b25ee7.png

I have some of them in the cupboard! My sister brought them back for me!

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Because he’s on holiday somewhere with his wife Christine mulling over his new Derby contract offer, doesn’t have time for the little stuff!

Not even a peep from his assistant Jesus either. 

Rumour has it he's been spotted on holiday in Bethlehem, hoping it's just a coincidence now that Abramovic has Israeli citizenship. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I do hope you're not one of those mighty imbeciles.

Somehow, there are more people alive today who think (or pretend to think) the Earth is flat, than have ever existed in recorded human history before. And we have bloody photographs!

Sorry @Mostyn6 - I'll join you It'll be safer ? 

Archived