Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Takes literally two minutes to give Morris a statement of his intent, us fans are being taken the piss out of by the media and these ex Chelsea players. Put it to bed FFS. You continue to sun it up on you're jollies mate, liking any old Chelsea photo on insta

And why should he take 2 minutes out of a family holiday just to appease some melodramatic fans on a football forum?

The only person he is answerable to is Mel Morris.

If there is anything to be said about the situation it should be coming from the club and, as far as I am aware, a statement was released last week. Unfortunately, some of you were probably that twisted up in your knickers that you missed it.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve just watched that video again, now we have been told all week that Frank was meeting abraaamavamaveryrich on his yacht on Thursday ! Now could Christina have “accidentally “ posted that video to show a slightly worse for wear frank, sitting in a beach side bar a bit half cut in his shirts and tee shirt laughing and enjoying his birthday as a message that he was no where near the yacht and would not be and to not believe everything you are reading and to see it with our own eyes ?

he certainly wasn’t looking like he was prepared for a meeting with the guy who would control his destiny on that day !

he is going nowhere !

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

I’ve just watched that video again, now we have been told all week that Frank was meeting abraaamavamaveryrich on his yacht on Thursday ! Now could Christina have “accidentally “ posted that video to show a slightly worse for wear frank, sitting in a beach side bar a bit half cut in his shirts and tee shirt laughing and enjoying his birthday as a message that he was no where near the yacht and would not be and to not believe everything you are reading and to see it with our own eyes ?

he certainly wasn’t looking like he was prepared for a meeting with the guy who would control his destiny on that day !

he is going nowhere !

Whilst I agree, don’t think he’s going anywhere. 

It could also be argued that he has already agreed a deal with RA prior to the video and is getting smashed celebrating his birthday, massive pay rise and his inevitable pay off in 18 months time when they pay his contract off to replace him. 

Just saying ???

39 minutes ago, Archied said:

Anybody calling anybody that doesn’t agree with them an idiot is just an offensive idiot 

34 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I agreed with everything @Mostyn6wrote until I got to the idiot sentence

it's not about whether you agree with me, it's about expected level of conduct in the working environment. I'm not going to try and second-guess what your career is, but would say if you conduct yourself the way people are demanding Lampard behaves, then you will hamper your career development massively. "Idiot" may be a strong word, but it's universally understood. Maybe a combination of "unrealistic", "out of touch", and "foolish" is more appropriate.

When was there so much “certainty” from tabloids and the radio about another manager set to become the boss of another club? Whichever way it goes, Franks next interview on being the new Chelsea manager or Derby manager is CERTAINLY going to be interesting to say the least. 

I think Lampard has 2 offers on the table..

He has asked for a bit of time to think them over on holiday (as the average bloke might). Do think there is something in the 'should i stay or should i go' video. He has a decision to make.

JM has simply told Frank, 'Whatever you choose, i'm fully with you' hence the 'by your side always. No matter what.' post.

41 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

another angle is that Frank is aware that even speaking about the Chelsea job, without knowing he's even being considered (by CHELSEA, not by press), would be embarrassing and unprofessional. He is still working to impress them so he will be one day be considered for that job.

Saying ANYTHING publicly about it, other than to dismiss it as speculation, until he's approached, is just stupid, plain and simple.

If you think the right thing to do is come out and say anything, you're an idiot, and if you insist that in his position, that you would say something, then you're an idiot.

I agree with almost everything you have said. However, it's not unheard of for managers to rule themselves out of vacancies even before they've been offered them. If Frank is determined to stay then, if I was him, I'd have a word with Chelsea (after telling Mel of course) and tell them that whilst he's not being presumptuous enough to suggest they're going to offer him the job, he needs to put the rumours to bed. It's not the right time for him yet. Then release a statement to that effect. Such a course of action would allow Chelsea to save face by avoiding offering him the job only for him to decline.

I'm not saying he should do the above, just saying he could if he's definitely staying. So, what this indicates to me, is that he may stay, he may go, he may not even be offered the job. But he either wants to keep his options open until an approach is made (if it ever is) or something is already going on. 

So, no clearer than we were several days ago.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think a fair theory is that Frank has been offered a good contract at Derby and a good contract at Chelsea, Frank is truly torn between the two choices and is currently on holiday mulling it over, hense Jody Morris on Instagram saying he will follow Lamps no matter what.

There is no way Frank would be torn ...it’s Chelsea his club a true legend and fan he would not be torn realistically ....he’s already openly admitted it his dream job just may see it as too soon ...how I see it is if he goes to Chelsea and fails he could go onto a championship club whereas if he stayed here and failed what would his options be ...I do not blame him for wanting the job ...it’s just come along earlier than anyone expected ....

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree with almost everything you have said. However, it's not unheard of for managers to rule themselves out of vacancies even before they've been offered them. If Frank is determined to stay then, if I was him, I'd have a word with Chelsea (after telling Mel of course) and tell them that whilst he's not being presumptuous enough to suggest they're going to offer him the job, he needs to put the rumours to bed. It's not the right time for him yet. Then release a statement to that effect. Such a course of action would allow Chelsea to save face by avoiding offering him the job only for him to decline.

I'm not saying he should do the above, just saying he could if he's definitely staying. So, what this indicates to me, is that he may stay, he may go, he may not even be offered the job. But he either wants to keep his options open until an approach is made (if it ever is) or something is already going on. 

So, no clearer than we were several days ago.

that's a fair assessment when it's a manager being linked with a club he has no previous connection/affinity to. We all know Lampard and Chelsea have a massive connection and history. I have no doubt that he'd have potentially ruled out other clubs (he has no desire of managing in the future) had he been linked to them.

People need to realise, what he does now could affect the way Chelsea fans feel for him and hinder his dream of managing them one day. We all know how stupid some fans can be and how easily they are offended. Any comment from FL could be taken the wrong way.

The thing is, its a huge risk for him! Hazards gone, transfer ban, quick to fire owner! Its only his 2nd season as a manager! Hes had a decent season with us but you look at our squad and we should have been there or there abouts anyway! Fair enough hes a chelsea legend but if he goes back and he doesnt make an impact his managerial stock will plummet! If he goes then its a stupid move in my opinion! 

If i were a chelsea fan id be wanting hiddink, eddie howe etc, someone whos proven! I like Frank but the media has gone mad with this, can see it ending bad for him at chelsea!

But, if he goes, foook him i dont give a shiny ? another manager with no loyality! He'll be another Mac at newcastle or rowett at stoke!

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I do wonder what managers like Howe, Dyche even Wilder might think.

Worked their socks off, done an unbelievable job at the clubs they have been at.

Lampards comes in. Takes a team from 6th to 6th and walks into a top 4 job.

So what ? The risk is on Lampard and Chelsea. We were prepared to appoint an inexperienced manager and look how that turned out.

6 minutes ago, Saity said:

There is no way Frank would be torn ...it’s Chelsea his club a true legend and fan he would not be torn realistically ....he’s already openly admitted it his dream job just may see it as too soon ...how I see it is if he goes to Chelsea and fails he could go onto a championship club whereas if he stayed here and failed what would his options be ...I do not blame him for wanting the job ...it’s just come along earlier than anyone expected ....

When I say torn, yes Chelsea is HIS club, but he might feel it is too soon, in an ideal world he would have a transfer window to bring in his own players...but, is it ever too soon to take over your boyhood club?

On the other hand, Derby gave him his chance and he may feel he owes Mel and the fans.

If he is torn, it isn't torn between what he wants to do, it's more a case of how does he let one set of fans/chairman etc down...some say this is win win for Frank, if he really is the gentleman we think he is, this is probably one of the hardest things he has had to deal with outside of family issues.

Make no mistake, he will choose Chelsea, but it won't be easy for him.

Archived