Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

I think the paper speculation is sounding the most concrete it’s been so far. This will happen next week unless Frank doesn’t get the assurances he needs and turns it down. I would love that just to see the Chelsea meltdown!! 

Lets ramp up the speculation on the new manager now!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember it was quite a drawn out process before delap, phillips and co were allowed to join growett last year. 

I hate getting new managers thats the thing! No matter who it is, its always a gamble and takes time for them to settle in. It either works and its happy days or it goes tits up and we have a rough season or two. I wasnt convinced by Frank when he came in but now ive seen a season and what him and jody etc are doing, i am or was excited about the future and considered it reasonable secure. Now, if he goes, who knows! 

Up the Rams!!! 

P.s - if he goes, i hope we draw chelsea in one of the cups and absolutely batter them ?

7 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

I hate getting new managers thats the thing! No matter who it is, its always a gamble and takes time for them to settle in. It either works and its happy days or it goes tits up and we have a rough season or two. I wasnt convinced by Frank when he came in but now ive seen a season and what him and jody etc are doing, i am or was excited about the future and considered it reasonable secure. Now, if he goes, who knows! 

Up the Rams!!! 

P.s - if he goes, i hope we draw chelsea in one of the cups and absolutely batter them ?

Mac1 didn't need settling in ✈️ 

40 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I seem to remember it was quite a drawn out process before delap, phillips and co were allowed to join growett last year. 

That definitely wasn't last year. Five years ago at least. But yeah I remember having sleepless nights about them three.

If Frank is sitting by allowing Chelsea to do Morris/Derby dirty, as alluded to by the fat bald Chelsea youth on talksport, I really genuinely hope that the concerns we've had about him all come to the surface next season and it turns into a train wreck. Truth be told, if Lampard had taken the Ipswich job before we went in for him, he 100% wouldn't have been considered for the Chelsea job now. I hope it's not true, but the pieces do fit considering the noise being made.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

If Frank is sitting by allowing Chelsea to do Morris/Derby dirty, as alluded to by the fat bald Chelsea youth on talksport, I really genuinely hope that the concerns we've had about him all come to the surface next season and it turns into a train wreck. Truth be told, if Lampard had taken the Ipswich job before we went in for him, he 100% wouldn't have been considered for the Chelsea job now. I hope it's not true, but the pieces do fit considering the noise being made.

If he'd taken the Ipswich job his reputation would have been shot to pieces and punditry would have been his vocation, he owes us massively, unfortunately he owes us nothing, we're just a convenient stepping stone, just a shame he isn't loyal, or is he?

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

All for a bit of fun and banter managers come and go , but just saw that instagram video on the Daily Mail-

Should I Stay Or Should I go? Frank Lampard serenaded with The Clash classic as surprise for 41st birthday on holiday as he mulls over quitting Derby for sensational Chelsea return

Frank Lampard is favourite to take over at Chelsea as Maurizio Sarri's successor  

Chelsea legend is currently enjoying a holiday abroad with wife Christine  

She posted a video of Lampard on his birthday with fitting song playing 

The song plays and he points at his mate - did you put this on .  Glad they all find this situation so hilarious with pre season so close and half a team.  The whole thing turn's my stomach .   No need to put that out at all.  Do what you like on holiday but don't make our great club everyone else's pantomime . Even if he stays he's really burnt bridges with this one .Go to Chelsea .  He who laughs last, laughs hardest .

25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

All for a bit of fun and banter managers come and go , but just saw that instagram video on the Daily Mail-

Should I Stay Or Should I go? Frank Lampard serenaded with The Clash classic as surprise for 41st birthday on holiday as he mulls over quitting Derby for sensational Chelsea return

Frank Lampard is favourite to take over at Chelsea as Maurizio Sarri's successor  

The song plays and he points at his mate - did you put this on .  Glad they all find this situation so hilarious with pre season so close and half a team.  The whole thing turn's my stomach .   No need to put that out at all.  Do what you like on holiday but don't make our great club everyone else's pantomime . Even if he stays he's really burnt bridges with this one .Go to Chelsea .  He who laughs last, laughs hardest .

If he stays, then the video is fine. He hasn’t disrespected us and is having a laugh.

I don’t think he’d actually do that if he was actually off to Chelsea and is having a bit of a laugh about it all.

I once met Brian Law’s best mate when Derby played Scunthorpe and he had told me he had already signed for Burnley. I put a poo ton of money on at 11/2.

2 weeks later after being odds on favourite he had dropped down and it Still wasn’t announced. Another manager was at silly odds on now and I thought I lost my money but Brian Laws got made manager in the end.

The stories about the Burnley job then made me realise the majority of the papers know duck all.

He’s staying ?

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Have to say Gee SCREAMER that I was a bit taken back when I watched the video myself.....It's like they're taking the piss a bit to be honest....I really don't see any reason for posting the last bit when the song came on ...why not just enjoy your holiday have a great time but don't post anything relating to football. Frank must know how well he's liked by Rams fans.....there are a lot of worried fans who pay good money to watch the Rams and this forum alone gives you a window of how a lot of fans are feeling but there are plenty not on the forum who i've spoke with who are concerned and wondering WTF is going on...maybe nothing who knows.....but that video tells us Frank is at least considering going which we kinda guessed ...... so its quite clear  the "Frank is cracking on and nothing has changed" theory is out of the window.......Frank has come across as a proper genuine nice bloke and just really hope its not all going to end sourly but its kinda going that way..........Is it too much now for Mel to say you have until say July 1st to sign your new contract and commit your future to us or we will be searching for a new manager ? After watching this video i am more convinced than ever that Frank is virtually a done deal to Chelsea but starting to leave a bit of an un-necessary sour taste for me.....

I also suspect that Mel probably knows Frank has virtually gone unless he's gone away on holiday to think about Mels offer ?

2 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

If he stays, then the video is fine. He hasn’t disrespected us and is having a laugh.

I don’t think he’d actually do that if he was actually off to Chelsea and is having a bit of a laugh about it all.

I once met Brian Law’s best mate when Derby played Scunthorpe and he had told me he had already signed for Burnley. I put a poo ton of money on at 11/2.

2 weeks later after being odds on favourite he had dropped down and it Still wasn’t announced. Another manager was at silly odds on now and I thought I lost my money but Brian Laws got made manager in the end.

The stories about the Burnley job then made me realise the majority of the papers know duck all.

Afraid we'll have to disagree there . Have a laugh on holiday by all mean's.  If he want's to film himself drinking a yard of ale and lighting his fart's that's fine .  Why put that video into public domain with what's been happening for two weeks though .  Agree about the paper's, but I can see this with my own eye's .

9 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

He’s staying ?

You could well be right .....if not its a piss take and un-necessary

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Afraid we'll have to disagree there . Have a laugh on holiday by all mean's.  If he want's to film himself drinking a yard of ale and lighting his fart's that's fine .  Why put that video into public domain with what's been happening for two weeks though .  Agree about the paper's, but I can see this with my own eye's .

Because he’s not going and he’s laughing at all the speculation. 

Heck wouldn’t surprise me if Harry Redknapp knows this too and is putting a cheeky bet on it all and stirring the pot.

2 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

Because he’s not going and he’s laughing at all the speculation. 

Heck wouldn’t surprise me if Harry Redknapp knows this too and is putting a cheeky bet on it all and stirring the pot.

Yeah hope this is the case. I understand the reaction to the clash song.

Not saying he has to be behind closed doors with the lights off hiding under the bed have a joke about it, even if going, but perhaps not on social media. I know he didn’t post it but had a bit of control.  

However, not having any kind of control over what my other half does ?

hmmm ....

Just watched that Instagram video. It is absolutely harmless!! He’s been stitched up plain and simple and it wasn’t even bad.

Anyone offended by that is letting their love for this club get in the way of reality and not viewing it on its merits. Nothing offensive, no disrespect to the club, put him in an awkward spot but that’s what mates do and he dealt with it as well as he could.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just watched that Instagram video. It is absolutely harmless!! He’s been stitched up plain and simple and it wasn’t even bad.

Anyone offended by that is letting their love for this club get in the way of reality and not viewing it on its merits. Nothing offensive, no disrespect to the club, put him in an awkward spot but that’s what mates do and he dealt with it as well as he could.

He does nothing wrong there...but if his missus posted it and then he moves on, it will stick in my throat a bit tbf and I am 100% behind him. 

He also obviously knows this is all a major issue now so he could come out and say 'come what may I am staying' or evrn make positive noises about staying... whether through friends, his agent, Harry etc...but he seems to be waiting for the offer to leave so it does appear slightly tasteless.

Archived