Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

11 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

I have just tried to place a bet on Frank Lampard staying at Derby .

Bet Fred /William Hill and Ladbrokes all said they would NOT take any bets (this was in the bookies ) So Paddy Power online was 5/1  but once I went on to place my bet odds dropped to 7/2 with maximum stake £14.00 .

Something we should know ??

Yes. By my calclations, there has been less than £50 placed on that book.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eddie said:

Are you feeling all right, dearie?

I’m all good thanks Eddie, relatively new around here but it hasn’t taken me long to work out that it’s a pretty cliquey environment. Have a comm rep in excess of a several 1000 and you ok but anything less and you’ll get shouted down. Thought we were all fans of the same club when I signed up!!  Obviously wrong. Well I’m happy to fight my corner, until I get I get bored with the pettiness then I’ll make my exit. Life’s too short and all that. Best wishes to all. 

53 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Noticed he hasn’t liked DCFC Instagram accounts Happy Birthday message but he has the Chelsea official one ...

He hasn't liked that one either (not that it means anything)

22 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

I have just tried to place a bet on Frank Lampard staying at Derby .

Bet Fred /William Hill and Ladbrokes all said they would NOT take any bets (this was in the bookies ) So Paddy Power online was 5/1  but once I went on to place my bet odds dropped to 7/2 with maximum stake £14.00 .

Something we should know ??

7/2 is good odds for a supposed dead cert

A few choice bits from the 3rd biggest club in London today -

He definitely needs another two years training with Derby. He’s got 20 years in which to manage Chelsea.

Yeah me too to the pull of Chelsea and a lot of talent and cash will take him there. Chelsea will hunt him till they get there man. Just like Man City do. They get whoever they want.

It's Frank Lampard's birthday today. I wonder what Roman Abramovich could get him as a present.

Need this putting to bed soon .  Getting pissed off now .

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is it possible this is being held off until July 1st for ffp purposes?

The dcfcpodcast (No, not the Steve Bloomer One) tweeted this earlier and I thought it was quite an interesting theory:

It would go against everything the DET and BBC Derby Sport have said, but would line up with what the guy from the Evening Standard was saying. 

I'm not naive enough to think that some bloke who writes for the standard would or should have some kind of inside knowledge just because he's in London, however I'm not totally closed to the idea that the club might not be telling us all the whole truth...

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

The dcfcpodcast (No, not the Steve Bloomer One) tweeted this earlier and I thought it was quite an interesting theory:

It would go against everything the DET and BBC Derby Sport have said, but would line up with what the guy from the Evening Standard was saying. 

I'm not naive enough to think that some bloke who writes for the standard would or should have some kind of inside knowledge just because he's in London, however I'm not totally closed to the idea that the club might not be telling us all the whole truth...

I don't get why Mel would come out with official statements that were just lies, when he could just sit silently until the 1st July. Can't buy that at all. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is it possible this is being held off until July 1st for ffp purposes?

Wouldn't have thought so, publicly agreeing something and then finalising the deal to suit both parties would overcome such issues I would have thought.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I don't get why Mel would come out with official statements that were just lies, when he could just sit silently until the 1st July. Can't buy that at all. 

Wouldn't the club just say he's off but it will be completed 1st july ?

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'd go back even further and suggest a deal was done during the last international break. Before that Frank looked cooked.He came back all refreshed.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Sorry but hes a decent lad too, struggle to believe this. I view the forum regular never seen him attack anyone.

So you didn’t see the OP on May 27th. You joking right?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Fox Mulder - trust no one ( you will never be disappointed- maybe a bit lonely but hey) 

You’re  quakers 

Don't bring religion into this discussion Sparkle - it'll be at 500 pages by tomorrow and David will have to close the site down

Archived