Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting tedious now. Mel needs to give Chelski a deadline for any approach, by end of play Wednesday I reckon. If we don't hear from them by then any future request will be rejected. We need to start planning for next season...who is likely to sign for us with all this uncertainty and not knowing who they will be playing under?

So that’s it.

The social media reveal will be Frank starting the bounce on a yacht in St. Tropez with Jody, Roman, Marina, and Sophie from CFTV in their club branded swimwear looking like a smug set of synchronised swimmers.

? 

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This is getting tedious now. Mel needs to give Chelski a deadline for any approach, by end of play Wednesday I reckon. If we don't hear from them by then any future request will be rejected. We need to start planning for next season...who is likely to sign for us with all this uncertainty and not knowing who they will be playing under?

I agree, but if (and big if) SSN are correct, Frank has a buy out clause in his contract, so if triggered we can’t actually stop it. Not ideal if that’s true. 

5 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

I agree, but if (and big if) SSN are correct, Frank has a buy out clause in his contract, so if triggered we can’t actually stop it. Not ideal if that’s true. 

Manager's don't have buy-out clauses. Its not an offer based system, its a compensation based system.

6 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

Not a buy out clause but a compensation clause which is triggered if having approached Derby and had permission granted to speak to the manager and said manager wishes up take the job then the level of compensation is pre set in his contract.

If permission is denied to speak to the manager then if the rules are followed that is the end of the matter but it rarely is.

What should be added to the rule in these cases is the manager less club should pay a fee if the manager turns down the job  for disrupting the other clubs daily business.

5 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

but was probably the only basis on which we could get him to sign for us.......its Franks insurance policy assuming he was shrewd enough to have insisted on it.

59 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

For somebody who teaches online marketing, this whole debacle is a fascinating example of the endowment effect in action and FOMO.The endowment effect is when we put more value on something we already own than something we don't. There seem to be a lot of people who weren't bothered whether we got Frank or not, who are now vehemently against him leaving.

This comment doesn't do a lot for 'online marketing' . Not surprising more want him to stay after the experience of last season - surely online marketing wouldn't suggest otherwise. It probably applies to your good self.

Archived