Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Surprised some folk would rather have Lee Bowyer than Frank.

it looks like this risks souring all of the achievements and frank seems to be keeping schtum.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting ridiculous now and it feels very much like we are being ducked about. If they want Frank, what’s taking them so long to make the approach?

I think I’m at the point now where I don’t really care either way, just needs sorting ASAP so we stand the chance of a half decent pre season.

I really don't see what Chelsea have done wrong, they lost the manager that they wanted to keep. It was sarri who wanted out due to the treatment he received from his own fans. Chelsea are now looking for a new Manager and guess what just may be Frank ain't actually there number 1 target. If he isn't why should they approach Derby. 

Just now, EnzaRam said:

More fuel to the fire from Uncle 'Arry;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48669468

I can't help thinking if Frank wasn't interested, all he would have had to do is say that. After all the tension I'm at the point of thinking if he goes, what I will mainly care about is who we get next?

The question isn't about his interest. Of course he's bloody interested in managing Chelsea! It's basically the dream job for him.

The question is whether or not he's as wanted by Chelsea as the press are making out. If he was there guy, top of the list, I would have expected them to ask Derby permission to speak to him by now.

Ok here’s my presumption of what’s happening that I hope makes some sense. Again it’s just my opinion.

Chelsea want to talk to Lampard but they don’t want to offer him the position just yet. Either they have reservations about Lampard or they want to see who else offers up interest in the position. So these little tidbits of information from ‘London Correspondents’ are strategically leaked out of Chelsea, talk of a three year contract (which suggests you are given time to build your team), meeting on the yacht, now that Lampard is ‘keen’. They aren’t just bogus stories, they are given to a variety of journalists from different papers for a reason.

Derby, and possibly Lampard, aren’t interested in that game. I mention Frank because the longer it goes on the more obvious  that they don’t have 100% faith in you (and hence the last bit on Morris’ letter earlier). If Frank is your no.1, come and get him and we can sort out the next phase. If not then we will continue on, sort a new contract and we will meet further down the line.

Anyway I’m probably wrong and an approach will be made soon but that’s how it’s shaping up I think.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The question isn't about his interest. Of course he's bloody interested in managing Chelsea! It's basically the dream job for him.

The question is whether or not he's as wanted by Chelsea as the press are making out. If he was there guy, top of the list, I would have expected them to ask Derby permission to speak to him by now.

It will feel very weird if he only stays with us because he wasn’t top of Chelsea’s list. Especially after what he said after Wembley.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, EnzaRam said:

More fuel to the fire from Uncle 'Arry;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48669468

I can't help thinking if Frank wasn't interested, all he would have had to do is say that. After all the tension I'm at the point of thinking if he goes, what I will mainly care about is who we get next?

Surely the only tension is on this thread. If, as is believed, chelsea have made no approach what do we expect him to say? If he announces he has no interest in joining them they could say we werent going to ask then he looks a right numpty.

He also risks his future chances with them potentially if he dismisses something thats not even been offered.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Interest was probably the wrong word. I'm a lowly A&E nurse, and if the job of hospital boss was available I might be interested, but I'm not sure realistically I would have all the appropriate skills and experience....

So interested wasn't probably what I was trying to say, but reflecting on it I'm not really sure what I was trying to say*

*Probably another good reason not to make me hospital boss ?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Surely the only tension is on this thread. If, as is believed, chelsea have made no approach what do we expect him to say? If he announces he has no interest in joining them they could say we werent going to ask then he looks a right numpty.

He also risks his future chances with them potentially if he dismisses something thats not even been offered.

Well, he could solve that one by signing the contract extension he’s being offered.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Well, he could solve that one by signing the contract extension he’s being offered.

How do you know hes been offered one?

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Also, if he expects Mel to shove a contract under his nose then he'd be an idiot to rule out his negotiating angle

1 minute ago, SaffyRam said:

Allegedly offered.

Its all speculation at the moment.

When will we learn that the "truth" is very rarely reported. Its all guesswork, if, buts and maybes.

It will get to the stage where some fans will convince themselves that lampard turned down a contract extension to join Chelsea and showed us no respect or loyalty.

Wait for the statements from dcfc, Mel, frank and Chelsea.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Also, if he expects Mel to shove a contract under his nose then he'd be an idiot to rule out his negotiating angle

Of course, contract negotiations can take a long time.

6 minutes ago, EnzaRam said:

Interest was probably the wrong word. I'm a lowly A&E nurse, and if the job of hospital boss was available I might be interested, but I'm not sure realistically I would have all the appropriate skills and experience....

So interested wasn't probably what I was trying to say, but reflecting on it I'm not really sure what I was trying to say*

*Probably another good reason not to make me hospital boss ?

Would never describe any of you guys in that profession as lowly! 

Probably would do a better job than most NHS managers too!

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

Allegedly offered.

Its all speculation at the moment.

When will we learn that the "truth" is very rarely reported. Its all guesswork, if, buts and maybes.

It will get to the stage where some fans will convince themselves that lampard turned down a contract extension to join Chelsea and showed us no respect or loyalty.

Wait for the statements from dcfc, Mel, frank and Chelsea.

If John Percy is reporting he was offered one, we can say with a high degree of confidence that it happened, of all the journalists, he's probably the one with the best accuracy reporting on us. 

23 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

This is getting ridiculous now and it feels very much like we are being ducked about. If they want Frank, what’s taking them so long to make the approach?

I think I’m at the point now where I don’t really care either way, just needs sorting ASAP so we stand the chance of a half decent pre season.

They only lost Sarri a few days ago. 

It only feels like forever if you are part of this thread! 

A few days to discuss multi million pound contracts seems fair enough.

Archived